1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How to destroy the drider creator in the Underdark?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Rekiller, Mar 4, 2003.

1. Rekiller Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I tried a lot of things, but I can't defeat all the driders, any suggestion?

[ March 04, 2003, 20:39: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. BGP Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] I assume you are talking about the egg-shaped object that is feeding the drider cocoons. And the battle that involves 12-15 driders coming to eat you.

To make the battle easier:

Kill everything in the surrounding area. You don't want things coming in behind you while you are focusing on the bad guys in front of you.

Use defensive spells; emotion hope, protection from evil, yada yada. They are fairly spell-resistant, but if you are too, then things break down to melee. You can win that fight.

To fight the battle better:

If you are on normal, just nuke them silly. Fireball, ice ball, Horrid Wilting if you've got it, and cast fog spells plus grease to slow them down and keep them bunched up. Sacrifice your summoned creatures if necessary.

If you are on hard:

Put 2 good summoned creatures in place to plug the two lanes the creatures come out of. Use distance weapons to kill key creatures while they are delayed.

Use Malison/Chaos/Slow or Malison/Cleric bless you-curse them spell/slow or chaos.

Then your summons should be able to hold them while you use distance weapons to hammer them. Caste haste and heal on your summons if necessary.

If you are on insane, same tactic.

HOF: Bait them into a trap of fog, web, grease, delayed fireballs, skull trap, then let them fight your summons when they stagger out of that.

Pop them with distance weapons when possible.

To kill the evil egg itself, if you don't have the ability to make the potion, use blunt, distance weapons. Haft-over ax, arrows that do blunt damage, and of course, magic bullets.

Or in my case, a monk.

[ March 04, 2003, 23:44: Message edited by: BGP ]

3. Laocorn Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

If you're talking about killing the thing that makes the Driders, goto the alchemy lab and make the potion that can kill it. You'll need someone with an achemy skill of about 15 (wizard or sorcerer.) Now, when you go up to where all the eggs are stored, give the potion to your fastest person and have them run straight to the thing that makes the driders and click on it. Choose the option to throw the potion in its mouth. This kills the thing, as well as all the driders that have not hatched (read: still in their eggs.)

It would be prudent to kill as many driders as you can before going to the hatchery, because once you enter the hatchery, all remaining driders come after you. Pay particular interest to the southeast corner where there are about 15 driders. For taking these guys out, summon some creatures (or barbarians if you have the horn) and focus on the spellcasters. With the priests out of the way, the warriors aren't so bad.

4. Rekiller Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I defeated it yesterday, with the potion is veary easy. Thanks!!! :)

5. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

i just got del/blast fireball as a solo sorcerer, so i just dropped a few of them around, after i dropped the potion in the white blob

:evil:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.