1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The "I Hate NWN" Faction for IWD2

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Mathetais, Jul 2, 2002.

1. Haohmaru Khan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I am with Mat. NWN SUCK.
    I love 2D.

If you BUY a game and you must create your own adventures to enjoy it, someone has done something wrong(still you PAY for it :mad: )

2. aerilon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I think I'll enjoy IWD 2 more when I get it. Why? Because, despite my computer meeting all the requirements to play NWN, and then some, when i try to run the game, it plays horribly, it's so choppy you can't do anything(I think on the tech forums for the game it's being called the 'stuttering' problem). Oh, that, and someone seems to have lost my NWN cds... someone who will die as soon as I find out who.

3. DarthMuffin Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

Well... my computer actually run NWN perfectly (it's a new model).

But after completing the first chapter... it was... bluh. I don't want to play this game anymore... I don't know why people like to create new chars... BG2 was a lot better...

I'm in, go IWD2!!!

4. newfiesailor Gems: 1/31

Veteran

Sorry, I guess I am against the norm here but I liked NWN a lot better than IWD 2. Not only has it a better story line but the graphics are way better. Think guys, this is laying the foundation for the six character development in 3-D but our computers can't handle that load yet. And how many of us out there have dreamed of putting our own module together and now we have the tools to do it? IWD 2 ...nay, I think not.

5. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Although I'm usually quick to jump on the "Reactionist" bandwagon :p ;) , I think I'm going to let this one roll on without me...

I like NWN...I agree that the Single Player version bites! But after cruising around Phlan for a bit, I think Multiplayer has great potential!!!

My advice to you: Upgrade your pc's, send an app to ALFA, and join in the carnage!!!

6. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I can't play NwN with sound, so I don't play it (it doesn't work with my card, and I have a pretty new Dell with pretty good everything else). Anyway, no sour grapes. Upgrade time.

I like 2D. I think 2D more represents the thoughts behind D&D RPG'ing. Its more about the concepts of the actions you are taking than watching the graphic depictions of them. Does that make sense? Playing an IE game is just like marching your old Grenadier miniatures out and lining everything up, just better because it looks and sounds so cool!

But, the coolest thing about NwN is the toolset, and I don't even know much about it yet. The potential is just awesome. Making modules, DM'ing, swapping modules with friends and so forth. I probably sound naive because I've heard it takes some learning, but what a great idea.

7. Lord Arion IronCross Gems: 1/31

I am a frequent visitor to this site but never participate in any forums. However, This particular topic provides me with an outlet for my possibly unique opinion. I dislike and will most likely never play NWN for the sheer fact that "I HATE" single character and first-person type games!!! The beauty of the Icewind Dale series is the fact that you can customize a full party of characters to suit your playing style. As a 37 year old who has been playing RPG's since well... the dawn of time, I am prone to re-creating my favorite p'n'p characters and putting them through their paces on computer. I am also guilty of playing characters that wouldn't seem out of place in the jungles of Vietnam or other contemporary settings. Consider my current party in IWD2: 1 Pal/Clc, 1 Ran/Drd, 1 Brbn/Rge, 1 Bard/Clc, 2 Mnk/Sorc. They are all at 5/5 level as I am well into the game at normal difficulty but with this kind of a "Special Forces A-Team", I believe I could handle the game even in HofF mode. The Baldur's Gate & Dungeon Siege series, while outstanding in their respects, still focus on one customizable character aided and abetted by people met along the way. NWN consists of 1 character and a single lackey at a time (whom I've nicknamed "Arrow-Magnet") so like the Diablo series, will never grace my hard drive.

Thank You,
    Lord Arion Ironcross, Knight Hospitaller (Aux.)
    LordArion@IWon.Com
    (P.S.- 3rd Edition Monk/Sorcerors... Think about it!)

[ September 11, 2002, 23:48: Message edited by: Lord Arion Ironcross ]

8. crashtec Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Well, I Can't Say I Will Join The Noble Cause, Coz I Bought Nwn, Finished It, With Some Lag, A 16mb Graphics Card(Voodoo 3 3000 lousy!), A 733mhz Pentium 3, And A Creative Labs Live Sound card, 192 Mb Ram, With Xp. All Of The Specs Sucks But I Finished The Game. (Later Upgraded To A Geforce4 Mx) :D

If Ur Comp Is Worst Than That... Then I Have Nothing To Say...but If It Is Better Than This And U Still Can't Play?(most of mine are below spec) Throw Your Computer Away Or Give It To Charity..

I'm In Iwd2's Chapter 3 And Having Trouble at Fell Wood... Freakin Dryad Gave Wrong Directions.... (Where On Earth Is The Pond?! :mad: What creeK?!) :confused:

9. Deepdarkness Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I love NWN it the best game there is. dont anyone diss it just because you cant get a good enough pc to play it it is still a great game

10. Julius Skull Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] And methinks spam pointing out spam which points out spam is even worse. This is like when you hold a mirror up to a mirror and you see multitudinous reflections of the same world you're in. So NWN sucks. Big deal. You bought it, you're gonna have to do something about it... Extremist has a point. And you know what? That WAS funny. Makes me want to get to the credits just to see the names.

*whoops, thought I was on page one still... this is in response to sirdan, for what it's worth. Too much wine.

[ September 13, 2002, 06:11: Message edited by: Julius Skull ]

11. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I got bored with NvN in the middle of chapter 2 :( However i like 3D engine.
    Sure 2D is very nice but only to people who already know whose games are. I tried to convince my friends to play BG series IWD and these games but i only suceeded at one friend (second one is still considering). Now i dont think i would have so much problems with NvN only becouse of its 3D engine :cool:

But i do like IWD2 better. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.