1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

cheats

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by lisa, Aug 9, 2003.

1. lisa Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Help please!!

Posted a thread yesterday with regards to killing sherincal. Have taken advice given but still he is alive. I have decided I am going to cheat but I can not find my text file on the computer - anyone know where I will find this? As it may be obvious I know nothing about computers!! Whilst playing the game have also tried ctrl and tab then typed {ctrlaltdelete:enablecheatkeys()} but it just said nice try cheater!!

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Does it really say that? Cool, I'll have to try one day.
    But it's right you know. Do it with out cheating before cheating.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  4. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I thought that you couldnt even open the cheat console without enabling them first...

5. ettercap Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

i think that´s what lisa did not do, enabling the console...

Kovalis Darkfire gave you in the sherincal-thread already a pretty detailed ´how to...´ just follow its instructions. and use the notepad program provided with windows to edit the icewind2.ini. i think that was the part you forgot?!

your game rests probably in c:bad:programs\icewind2... or somewhere like it. you said you were new to computers so i don´t assume that you use partitions ;) you should search your computer for "icewind2" or "icewind2.ini" by clicking on ´start´ -> ´search´. that should make it easier to find the file.

offtopic: isn´t sherincal a she-demon? and a pretty milk run? or were my boys and girls already that good at the time? :)

6. Tien Shinhan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

No, I don't think so. I didn't seem to have any difficulty defeating Sherincal either :)
    Off topic: My problem at the moment is how to beat The Lost Followers in the Hrotgar's Glenn without losing any party-member.

But like my problem, Sherincal is the same. If you play the battle enough times, you will find some way to take out those persons who will make it very difficult for you to defeat them later on in the battle, even before they get dangerous.
    You just have to continue and try beating her without cheating. It's no fun to cheat. Everybody can win the game if he/she cheats...

7. Quicho Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Tip on Lost Followers and other battles against more enemies: cast Otiluke's Resilient Sphere on most problematic enemy (enemies) - mages, clerics, ... Resilient enemy is taken out of battle for number of rounds per casters level. This is enough to deal with some other "badies". Of course, some could resist this spell, but this works fine for me. It has casting time 1, e.g. if I see someone casting VERY dangerous spell on my party (with casting time >1), I cast this on him.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.