1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New to IWD II Spells

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Ghost, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Ghost Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Yeah, as the title said so, i'm not sure whether which spells are good. Currently my spell picks are based on BG2 n NWN knowledge, i have gone through spells faq, but all they do is list the spell!!

Is there a spell guide? or share what's your arcane spell picks n cleric spells. There r so many summons, dmging spells, but they all lack of insight info.

Thanks!

2. Advanced Simplicity Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Well for arcane I use Wail of the banshee alot with proper spell focus feats it works very effective.

Horrid Wilting is still the king of area damage,

Disintigrate (will not remove equipment) Finger of death, Skull trap, sunfire, chain lightning and delayed blast fireball, flame arrow are all good and a nice mix of area and single target spells.

For summoning Shades and animate dead are the cream. You get different and more powerfull creatures at higher levels.

In the beginning animate dead will be your friend, but late game shades is more powerfull.

Chaos is one of (if not) the best enemy disabler, combine with malison. Mass dominate is also nice.

But what spells you pick also depends alot on what you other party members can do if you read the descriptions carefully they will tell you the basics, if you're not playing a sorcerer playing around with different spells will not hurt you anyway.

3. Vassago Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Favorite Druid Spells 1-4: Entangle, Spike Growth, Thorn Spray, Call Lightening, Rainstorm, Barkskin

Favorite Wizard Spells 1-3: Charmotic Orb, Sleep, Blur, MIrror Image, Lightening, Web (b/c Entangle is outdoors only), Fireball

4. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Wizard spells that are excellent are finger of death (REALLY useful), incediary cloud, and other area affect spells. Best wizrd spell EVER, IMHO, is mass dominate, but that spell really only comes into it's own once you import a party into a HOF game.

For clerics, mass heal, and other heal spells are good, but monster summoning is really useful. Especially the high level ones. Again, this comes into it's own in a HOF game.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

It all depends on game playing style. Some little-used spells are awesome if you play the game a certain way. I'm lazy so I usually go for the spells that work with the least effort which is why I like things like Chromatic Orb which can't harm my own team.

6. Ghost Gems: 3/31

Thx for the feedback guys, i'll try the spells u all mentioned.

7. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

I put a list of many more-than-average useful spells in my JUPP (Jukka's Ultimate Powergaming Party) document. You can download it here at Sorcerer's Place.

8. Shire Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I like playing solo and with an arcane caster. I tend to become a buff master sword man in the end everytime. Mirror Image, Stone Skin, Haste, Shield, Emotions..some Fireballs or Sunfires to decrease mass battle lengths, Acid Rain, Vail of Banshee, Horrid Wilting.

Oh and of course, the two kings, Mordenkainen's Sword and Tenser's Trasnformation :)

9. Ghost Gems: 3/31

Thx again, now i know most mistakes i have made by choosing the wrong spells.

I was really shock that day when i realise horrid wilting can hurt your own ppl, so sad... Do you all roughly target so it wont hurt your members or is there any party frenly AoE spells?

10. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I target it, because the AoE is exact and easy to guess.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.