1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Will Chapter 2 EVER end?!

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Sir Belisarius, Sep 16, 2002.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Okay, I guess I missed something major...Because I think I have completed all the tasks I needed to do to end the chapter. Here's what I've done:

1) Killed everything in the map area where Oswald's ship is.

2) Killed everything in the map area where you enter the Ice Palace...Well, except Zack and his spider.

Inside the Ice Temple:

1) Killed all the priestesses

2) Freed the abishai

3) Found Nathaniel's stuff

4) Banished Caged Fury

5) Talked to Nickademus

6) Freed the prisoners

7) Played 5 levels of Battleboard

8) completed Oswald's spell

9) gave Zack info about the Temple

So, The only person left in the Temple is Nickademus, do I have to kill him too? I still owe him a favor. Do I need to wait until Oswald's mending spell is done? WTF?!?!?

Any suggestions would be helpful!

[ September 16, 2002, 09:12: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Pilsbane Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

After killing all 4 priestesses and getting rid of the lighting tornado thing go back and talk to Nathaniel. He leads you to melting the glacier and moving on.

3. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I went back twice to Nickademus to see if he wanted us to do the favor for him....and he kept saying "later". I never did complete that.

However, with the exception of that, I did everything else there was to do.... and then went back and talked with Nathaniel, who went outside and opened up a fissure in the ice for us to finally escape that damn Palace. Have you tried going back to talk to him?

4. Corr Raven Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Nickademus collects on the favour later, it's an unavoidable part of the game.

5. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Are you sure you killed all three priestesses? Cathin and Lysara are on the first floor and pretty obvious. Oria is easily overlooked down on the lower floor. Killing those three and dealing with "Caged Fury" is all that is required.

Nathaniel is the official scorekeeper, so ask him what goals are left to be done.

6. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Uh oh...Nathaniel is long gone! I gave him his stuff back, but he never opened a fissure for us to escape from. Doh!!!! Is there any other way out?!?!?!? Or am I stuck here forever?!?!?

7. Corr Raven Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

If he is gone, that means you're done with the main quest. Just go out the way you came, and Nathaniel should meet you there. If he's not there, then something is very wrong...

8. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I went to the teleporting stairs. One of the phrases let me teleport to that side door you can see on the right side of the temple on the outside map. I then went down that isolated passage and hooked up with some guys from Neverwinter and Luskan.

9. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Well...I've looked and looked, Nathaniel is nowhere to be found. Luckily I still have a save from when the ship crashed. So I'll be starting over from there! Grrrr!

10. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Before you do that, you might want to check outside and see if he's created the fissure already, since you already gave him his stuff earlier.

11. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Where is this elusive fissure? I don't think I've found it!

12. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

At the north edge of the glacier (area, where you kill Sherincal).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.