1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Online solution- Prologue - missing XP?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Bartholomew, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Bartholomew Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

A couple of people have told us about a conversation, not included in our Prologue Quest List, that they think they got experience points for. We have run through the scenario seven times now and did *not* get any experience points no matter how we played it. We didn't originally put it into the quest list in the walkthrough since it was one of many entertaining dialogues that are not technically quests since there's no experience point opportunity. So here's the scenario - if any of you did this and got experience points, please tell us the amount and how you got it (i.e. from which NPC, what race/class speaking, what dialogue options to choose):

*************SPOILER!*******************

In the North-East corner of the Palisade, Gable and Kadence have a wager over who can shoot a "Smug Looking Barrel". You can join in the wager, and get either gold or a longbow from Gable. If you then speak to Kadence, he'll give you 4gp and a bottle of wine.

We've been told you can get experience points from BOTH Gable and Kadence; we didn't get any from either regardless of the race or class of the speaker. So, please tell us what you have to do to get XP and what amount of XP from each person, and we'll update the walkthrough accordingly.

2. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Don't worry, Bartholomew - there is no exp gainable from either of them - I checked with the engine editor. You can safely forget what *those* peole say and move on.

3. Bartholomew Gems: 1/31

Thanks! Saves us going crazy trying to trigger a unique dialogue option. :)

We have moved on- Chapter 1 of the online solution was posted today and we're in the middle of Chapter 2 now - but we're trying to fill in missing details from previous chapters as people point them out to us. So far we've received some really helpful feedback on the Prologue, which we've already actioned, with the item above being the only red herring. So thanks to everyone who took the time to write us about our walkthrough! Keep up the great suggestions!

4. aerilon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I have just discovered some missing xp as well, though mine isn't in the palisades area, but rather in the town itself. After getting the ghost-touched bottle from the innkeeper identified, you can take it to Koluhm and speak to him about it for another 450 experience. You might need to talk to Ulbrec's wife first, I don't know.

Edit: I have just repeated the prologue, and once again, I was able to get experience in this manner, but this time, I did so without talking to Ulbrec's wife first. As long as the bottle is identified, you can take it to Koluhm and get experience. I don't know if it works after you take the ship's prow to the spirit though.

[ September 23, 2002, 02:16: Message edited by: aerilon ]

5. Boulevard Gems: 1/31

"I don't know if it works after you take the ship's prow to the spirit though."

What do you mean by that? The last part, taking the ship's prow to the spirit?

And by the way, I've been thinking of how to get any use of that ghost-touched bottle.. Anyone got a clue? From the spirit in the inn? Or perhaps figured something out to get anything from the ethereal plane in the ice temple? Suggestions?

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  7. Raistlin24 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

The quest you are refferin too is to expose Koluhm's attempts to cheat Cahl-Hyred for 450 xp.
    You have to identify the bottle first and it is not necessary to speak to Elythara beforehand.

I also noticed that in the INDEX section of the walkthrough exist some quests that i have tried to accomplish several times without success.
    How can one for example get XP for clearin the logjam in Chapter 1 Shaengarne River?
    Or which is the trap in chapter 2 Crash site which you have to remove in order to get XP?

[ March 25, 2003, 10:01: Message edited by: Raistlin24 ]

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I don't know the stats required (my speaker was a paladin, 16 INT, 14 WIS, 16 CHA), but you can get lots of experience from just talking to people and performing some basic actions. That is showing the seargent how to inspire the troops (dialogue only), teaching spear fighting techniques to instructor's boys after splitting the keg and dealing with the drunkard whose name I must have forgotten. That's all I recall at the moment, but probably there were some more opportunities.

9. Raistlin24 Gems: 2/31

His name is Niles.These are the additional quests i have accomplished in the Palisade
    Help train recruits for Weapons Instructor: 450 xp
    Inspire recruits for Drill Sergeant: 450 xp
    Bless recruits for Drill Sergeant: 450 xp
    Convince Caulder to let you help him: 450 xp
    Find a hammer for Caulder and help repair catapult: 450 xp
    Bring a bottle of wine to Niles: 450 xp or
    Order Niles not to drink on duty: 600 xp
    Trick Tabard Mooncalf into leaving Tabard's Shield unattended : cant remember XP here

10. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    You could also scare the Drill Sergeant's men, probably for 450xp as well, not sure. Think you have to be evil in order to accomplish this, although I haven't tried it with a good character.

11. Raistlin24 Gems: 2/31

Is it so?
    Do u happen to know how exactly can u activate the dialogue option?
    Is it available only to chaotic evil characters?

[Please spell out "you" - BTA]

[ March 26, 2003, 16:46: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

12. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Is bless separate from inspire or just a different option for clerics only and perhaps with bless memorised?

13. Raistlin24 Gems: 2/31

They are seperate.
    Anyone with conversational skills (or high charisma only?)can inspire one of the several bands of recruits that are scattered throughout the Palisade.
    It is not necessary to memorize Bless
    It is a dialogue option when u speak to the Drill Master

14. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Dunno how I did it, but I managed it with my Lawful Evil Sorcerer with 18 Charisma. I remember doing it with a couple other characters too.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.