1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A little FR gods misunderstanding

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Twinkle, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Twinkle Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Well, most probably the misunderstanding is caused by my lack of knowledge, that's why I'd like a... consultation from those who have access to more resources than I.

*curses whoever it is that decides which books should be imported to the country*

Ahem. My question:

As far as I know, (knowledge that is based mainly on Baldur's Gate), there was that 'time of troubles' and certain gods have died.

Then why do those gods appear in IWD2?
    (You know what I mean- clerics of Bane are a great example.)

Is it a matter of location, or timeline?...

2. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

IWD2 is set 30-ish years after IWD1. IWD1, i believe, was about 100 years before BG (drizzt hadn't emerged on the timeline yet in the IWD series) and so IWD2 is about 70-ish years (i think) before the time of troubles. This is my understanding at least, i do know that IWD1+2 are definetly both before the time of troubles.

3. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yup... And one more thing about Bane:
    Cyric was holding the portfolios of Bhaal, Bane and Myrkul. Later Cyric lost Myrkuls portfolio to Kelemvor. And again lost one when Xvim. Xvim was said to be the offspring of Bane and a greater demon. Fzoul Chembryl, the chosen of Xvim, and in charge of his church, dreamed of his deity which bursted and Bane was reborn.
    Just FYI... :D

4. Kuldaharian Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

yah??...true rpgers...

5. Twinkle Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Yikes!

Thanks, that cleared a few things out.

Where do you people know all this from, I wonder?

6. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, D&D has many things to offer. Books for example. :book: Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting has a lot of info to offer on matters going on in..well.. the Forgotten Realms. Subraces, Deities, Prestige Classes, Regional Feats, seasonal festivals, famous adventurers, plots, rumors, sites. Almost anything. Quite nice, if you want my opinion. :xx:

7. Kabuki Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

If they offer good and Evil priests, Why do they Only offer good aligned paladins?

Have they not heard of DeathKnights, these are supposedly Evil Aligned Paladins..

Or even from the old Bg, when your Paly got horrible Reputations, you became a Fallen Paladin, and got like 1-2 more Weapon Slots

Oh well. Enough of that little religious speil..

8. Jarlaxle Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

if you want info on the gods of FR, check out the Faiths and Pantheons book. It is a very good source book for DnD. the one point i do like about IWD2 that I do not like about the pen and paper game is that they made Talos's domains WAY better.

oh and there is a BIG difference between a Death knight and a Dark Paladin (not to be confused with Anti-Paladin). Death Knights are usually lawful evil undead champions of evil with tremendous magical and martial power. One example is Lord Soth from Dragonlance and then Ravenloft. Dark Paladins are lawful, honor-bound living fighters who fight for the cause of evil. They do not have nearly the cool abilities that Dark Knights have such as the ability to cast Power Word: Kill, undead traits, etc. Dark Paladins are merely paladins who fight for evil instead of good. A anti-paladin is a chaotic evil fighter who stands for everything a paladin loaths, namely killing and anarchy.

Which you're right there should be a standard Dark Paladin class for IWD2 and BG2, not to mention DnD.

[ March 13, 2003, 05:34: Message edited by: Jarlaxle ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.