1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Item not as advertised

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by knightlight, Sep 21, 2002.

1. knightlight Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] The Celestial Aura armor (plate) - the Heart of Fury version of Aasimar's Aura- says that the wearer is under the effect of the 1st-level mage spell Protection from Evil. The manual says that Protection from Evil protects against control-based spells, and yet I can still be Charmed or Dire Charmed while wearing the armor. Is this a mistake or is there a reason for it?

2. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I assume its a mistake because the spell has never had that effect in any IE game or in p&p.

It *should* protect you from uncontrollable summons, like elementals and demons. They will target stuff that doesn't have Pro Evil instead.

Maybe someone confused that?

3. knightlight Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] I just checked it out- Protection from Evil does NOT protect the recipient from charm spells, nor is it described as such in the actual game. (I cast it on a PC and then bombarded him with charms until one took) It looks like it was just an error in the documentation :rolleyes: .

4. ChiLdO Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

It protects against summoned creatures as Summon Efreeti and stuff,,that way it won't turn on you

5. Lauredhel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] What you want is an item with the Lvl 5 Cleric spell 'Chaotic commands'. that will help you with the Charm and Domination spells.

Sorry I haven't found one yet :(

Lord Lauredhel al'Mithrodil
    Earl of Gillorion

[ September 21, 2002, 21:16: Message edited by: Lauredhel ]

6. knightlight Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] No problem- the HoF version of the Eye of the Storm amulet gives the effects of Mind Blank. I'll just use that. Nothing's worse than having your tank disabled or turned against you in mid-battle, especially when he can resist any attempt to dispel magic or re-charm him.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.