1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Does the IWD saga ever happen?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Register, Jun 8, 2003.

1. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

We all know that the Baldur's Gate saga never actually happens in the Forgotten Realms timeline but how is it with the Icewind Dale saga, the Pool of Radience saga and all the old games like the Eye of the Beholder saga and Menzoberranzan?

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Icewind Dale is just a vague idea - it's sort of created on the fly by some six adventurers as created by the player. Thus even if it were based on some book, it wouldn't be noticed by 99% people.

Icewind Dale itself is quite well known from Salvatore's loads of novels with Drizzt starring.

I have no idea about the other games though.

3. Register Gems: 29/31

I didn't really get your post, can you simplify it please? Its o.55 in the morning and I am tiiiired.

4. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

How do you defined "actually happened" for fictions?

Baldur's Gate did happened, there were some lame written books about it. Minsc became a janitor in the Copper Coronet at the end. Didn't you see him there? After all, you said you were from its fighting pits.

There is an Icewind dale Trilogy starring/introducing Drizzt and his gang, which of course is one of the best out there. Things happened in Icewind Dale Trilogy however is not related to the Icewind Dale games.

5. Register Gems: 29/31

With the Icewind Dale Trilogy I mean the games, otherwise this would have been in the booktalk forum.

And the throne of Bhaal saga doesn't happens. Some guys decided that Cyric could keep Bhaals portfolio and just imagined that it never happened. I know it sounds stupid but waddya gonna do?

6. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] I don't know about the other games but as chevalier mentioned, IWD probably didn't happen.
    teekc, it's true that the BG saga never happened, because it interrupted the timeline or somesuch and it was desided that both the game and novels never actually happened in the world of FR

7. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Pool of Radiance happened, official TSR module and lead characters are in 'Heros and Villans' sourcebooks. If you remember the Pool of Darkness ending, no-one would know if it happened or not as everyones memory of the events was wiped.

8. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

The general idea is that IwD1 occurs about 100 years before the Drizzt books. And then, IwD2 occurs about 70 or so before.

Technically speaking, it's not really Jerrod's stone anymore. It's Evhart's (however it's spelled). I've never really read through the books; I skimmed one, and didn't really like it at all.

But I thought someone said that the deal with Interplay/Bis getting the license, was if there wouldn't be any continuity problems with the books. Any of them.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.