1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fighter Multiclassing

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Goon66, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Goon66 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

What are the best multiclass optons for a mainly fighter(the majority of his levels will go to fighter he already has 13 fighter level) shield dwarf
    his stats are:
    STR:21
    CON:20
    DEX:16
    CHA:2
    INT:10
    WIS:10

i also have a paladin, Ranger1/RogueX, Wizard, Druid and Cleric

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    With this stat distribution, the best option for you is to leave the character single-classed fighter.

3. Quicho Gems: 6/31

Or some barbarian levels.

CHA = 2 => (no bard), no sorcerer
    INT = 10 => (no roque), no wizard
    WIS = 10 => no cleric, no druid, (no monk), (no paladin), (no ranger)

clases in round brackets are playable but with MAJOR disadvantages (main class advantages lost)

maybe
    - a dumb rogue - only backstabing, and dex based skills
    - a unwise monk - only fighting
    - a unwise paladin - ?
    - a unwise ranger - only dual wielding but only if no or light armor (I assume he will wear plate with 21 STR)

4. chevalier

Media:
    Well, barbarian multi is good with ftr(4), but I think now, after level 13, he'll be better off with the feats figther gets every two levels, as the benefit of a low number of barbarian levels is insignificant. But if the character has all the feats it needs, then why not? Or for roleplaying reasons, if there are any.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Agreed. In general, fighter multi-classing usually only makes sense with 4 levels of fighter. But as Chev says, for role-playing reasons you can do anything (except maybe Sorcerer, Bard, and Paladin who would be useless with 2 CHA, and Wizard who won't get far with 10 INT).

6. chevalier

Media:
    Or the other way round - an otherwise single-class fighter with something like:

2 levels in rogue - skills, skill points, evasion

1 level in barbarian - just the increased movement rate

1 level in monk - evasion

1 level in ranger - free dual-wielding, racial enemy, some skills & skill points, the ability to cast some spells from scrolls

3 levels in paladin - CHA bonus added to saves, Holy Avenger allowed, immunity to disease and fear, Aura of Courage, the ability to cast some spells from scrolls, elligibility for +1 STR and +1 WIS from Kuldahar quest

Cheese:

1 level in bard to use bardic items

1 level in sorcerer or wizard for identification, shield, mage armour etc and the ability to cast spells from scrolls

1 level in cleric or druid for the casting of spells from scrolls

7. Goon66 Gems: 6/31

If he takes paladin will he ge a penalty to saves due to his low charisma. Otherwise i am thinking of giving him 3 paladin levels for the immunity to fear and disease and whatever else you get in the first 3 levels.

Does no one know the answer to this????

[ March 31, 2004, 11:52: Message edited by: Goon66 ]

8. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] Why don't you try it yourself? I will test it later if I'm in the mood.

9. Vengeance Incarnate Gems: 6/31

No, there is no effect from Divine Grace for having a negative CHA modifier. I.E: Don't worry, there wont be any negative effects.

10. Mokona=Modoki Gems: 6/31

Give your character 2 levels of paladin for fear and disease immunity if your alignment allows it. Alternatively, take another level of fighter, then start taking barbarian levels. You are better off with 32 more hp and faster movement than specialization in 15 different weapons.

11. Goon66 Gems: 6/31

Is a BarbarianX/Fighter4 stronger than a Paladin2/FighterX? And if so/not why?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.