1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

druid character advice

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Son_of_Kiden, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Son_of_Kiden Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm playing thru IWD2 for the second time and i decided to include a druid in my party this time.(don't ask why i didn't before).

He's level 3 at this point in time and he has the weirdest proficiencies (no crossbow,no bow) and he's not exactly my idea of a front line tanker. So since he's such a low level and there are so many enemies in chapter one, in some fights he will actually run out of spells. When that happens, he usually runs around with a long sword and the flank of the virgin (shield) dealing 2-7 damage.

Now can somebody tell me something effective i can do with my druid when i run out of spells.

2. Alex C Gems: 1/31

Shapechange for better meele stats maybe ?

or use a sing ? (I think they can use slings)

3. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    My personal preference is to start off my Druid character as a Ranger.

A little more Hit Points, a higher attack bonus, a lot more weapon proficiencies, and the ability to dual-wield if that's what you like.

Ranger melds fairly well with Druid, since both use the same equipment (generally) and have the same class skills.

After one level of Ranger, I then advance all the way as a Druid.

The Bard is described as a jack-of-all trades. To my mind, the title belongs to Ranger 1/Druid x.
    Can melee effectively if you know what you're doing, can sharpshoot from a distance, can cast healing spells and offensive spells, and can turn into a powerful animal and shred everything in sight.

Hope it helps.

4. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

There is not much to do with a druid at level 3. You can use slings as weapon. As well as darts or throwing daggers. If you think he can handle it you can use magical weapon spells like flame/ice blade or beast claw.

5. Necrophex Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

At low levels they are quite sucky. Wait untill you get some kickass spells and you can shapechange into some nice animals.
    At low levels, I suggest barkskin. Cast in on your druid and let him fight, should go ok.

good luck

6. Son_of_Kiden Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Well thanks u guys.

Ur advice really helped. However, after posting this topic i proceeded to add one level of ranger to my druid anyhow.(great minds think alike Beren:p)Which gave him loads of weapon proficiencies (problem number 1 solved and a little bit of an hp boost.

So today i levelled him up to a Ranger1/Druid7
    Before one of my battles i decided to experiment him as a front line tanker. So i got my battleguard to cast bull's strenght on him. He cast barkskin and beast claw on himself. And i used wild shape panther on him.

Which gave him 2d6 damage plus 10% chance of 2d8 damage (that whole beast claw raking thing). Bringing my damage potential up to 8-34. Now for a druid starting chapter 2 that's not bad.

But i need to ask, since zombies wear no armor ( i assume) does casting cat's grace on them increase the AC?

7. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

The best things you can do now is stick them where they can get into a fight, after they cast any defensive spells and attack spells, and use the druid's sunscroch spell when against archers.

8. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Son of Kiden:
    I don't exactly know if "Cat's Grace" increase AC of your undead. Why don't you try it for yourself? Attack your zombie with your tank and see its AC. (The logic is; if you hit with 21 but not with 20, then its AC is 21.) Then cast the spell and attack again to see if its AC has increased.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.