1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dead End in Dragon's Eye

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Axen, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Axen Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I have searched extensively on this subject and it seems through poor game design many players are having bad experiences in the Dragon's Eye levels.

I have done the switcheroo with the mandrake and have made the Histachii brew which I gave to Nheero, made wyvern potions and poured them into the fountains and now according to the Walkthrough, found at this website, all I have to do is ask Nheero for some of the brew that I gave him so I can drink it, become a Histachii and then walk through the eye.

Well, that sounds all well and good but nothing happens when I talk to Nheero and there is no option for me to ask him about the brew I just gave him, this is after he turned into a Histachii temporarily.

I have rested many times, I have done everything that needs to be done, I have completed the mandrake switcheroo, made histachii brew, made wyvern poison potions and then poured them into the fountains and I gave Nheero the brew thus turning him into a Histachii. But I can't seem to get some of the brew Nheero has, according to the walkthrough and/or I can't seem to make the right type of brew if that is what I need to do.

I can make unenchanted brew and regular Histachii brew and when I drink the regular Histachii Brew I just get sick and pass out.

I have read other similar posts regarding Dragon's Eye trouble but most of the responses are...
    for example:
    -Just explore the game more
    -There is obviosly something you did wrong just read the walkthrough on this website, it's not that hard.
    -Yadda Yadda Yadda

So please refrain from unhelpful replies.

On a personal note, I feel that Dragon's Eye is a horrible gameplay experience. With all the running around that is involved, the cramped passageways, horrible pathing and the dead end quests over such a silly event to open a damn door really creates a down point in the game.

Up until now I felt I could play this game over with a new party, which I can no longer do if I can't figure out how to ask Nheero for the brew I just gave him and walk through the eye. What a horrible experience.

2. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

[​IMG] Dragon's Eye, the bane of IWD II. I have yet to finish a single game without having it royally screwed by a game breaking bug in Dragon's Eye. It has got so bad that I always have a seperate save file while still in Kuldahar.

The best course would be to restart from before Dragon's Eye. I have noticed that the bugs seemingly multiply later on if you try to work around any bug in Dragon's Eye.

As far how it is supposed to work; you must approach Nheero after he reverts back to the human form after having imbued the modified histaschii brew. At that point of time he will give you a vial of the modified brew. Just drink it and you will no longer be scared away by the histaschii eye.
    Considering that this does not seem to be working, just open up the console and ctrlaltdelete:createitem("61POTNSB")

SPOILER:

Druids can shapechange back to human form immediately after having finished the job without having to wait for the requisite 4 hour period.

3. Axen Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Thanks so much, I will give this a shot.

4. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    You can just make the stuff yourself

5. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I couldn't even get Nheero out. He pointed about the alarm and also the torture chamber but I couldn't find anything there nor the switch for the alarm. I did turned off the pendulum blades.

I couldn't create any of those potions either. I couldn't create no wyvern poison or histachi brews. The lever on the southern section just won't budge. I tried resting for several days hoping what-his-name-was would repair it. But nothing happened.

There are also a couple of doors that I could not open at level 2 and 3. But I'm guessing that it's because of Nheero and the "Sseth's eye" incident. While I have guessed that I need to transform into a histachi but the inability to create the potion got me stuck. Also those 5 (or 6) doors in a row, how do I open them?

And lastly, what's with Nathaniel. I get to tell him that something was wrong with him and he said something about sacrificing something while chasing the Legion of Chimera had changed his alignment (or something).

6. Shayleigh Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[SPOILERS]

It's not Nathaniel. *dramatic music* Bug him with a high-intelligence character, but only if you can do without free healing.

7. The Gatekeeper Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Yep I had problems with this too... so i just added the potion

8. DanSkibo Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

When I make the histaachi brew for Nheero, I make a second brew for myself. Pulling the lever twice has always worked for me.

9. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Yeah, I actually returned to this game after over a year away, still stuck in dragon's eye. I think I killed that guy that was in the prison, so I guess I have to start over?!! I'll try from an earlier save! Ugghhhh. Maybe I'll just spwan in a potion?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.