1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Regeneration items & Zuvembie armor

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Silvery, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Hey Hey Hey!!!

Right, i have a shocking memory and haven't played this game for aaaaaaaages.

I'm sure that last time i played i got regen items for all my party but i can't remember where i got them from. Any clues ppl?

Also, y'know when you find Neehro (In Dragons Eye, there's a big rock, Indianna Jones stylee?), there's a chest of stuff?? Well, anyone know whether it's worth using the armour of zumbuvie (whatever it's called)??

Cheers darlings xxx

[ January 17, 2005, 13:19: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

The first major regeneration item you get is 'The Peritapt of Wound Closure' in Andorra, the first map of Chapter 2.
    Rings of regeneration are random drops, which you may get as early as the Shanegarne Bridge fight.
    IIRC you get a 'Blessed Goat's Girdle' somewhere in Dragon's Eye.
    Finally you can steal a short sword 'Death's Bane'(?) from the top most floor in the palm of the Seldarine.

If you have the 'Forgotten Items' pack installed, Shawford Crale will hand over his regenerating armor after you beat back the goblin invasion.

Considering that its a 6+5 light armor with Death Ward cast on it, Zuvembie is great.
    The next good armor for such high dex guys, you will find in Seldarine. So it doesnt really matter that its cursed, you wont need to take it off for some time now anyway.

3. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    You're a star babe, thanx xxx
    Next daft question...
    Where can I get the Forgotten Items pack from?

[ January 16, 2005, 20:01: Message edited by: bleedme ]

4. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

this is a part of the ease-of-use mod from weimer iirc. i think you can find either the file or a proper link in the iwd2 section here.

5. Silvery

Media:
    ok, found it hidden in some files. thanx again x

6. Shire Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Zuvembie is indeed worth using. My latest solo (4fighter,/26 wizard) used it for the whole game (bought it from Targos as soon as I could, had barely anything than the armor after the purchase, the darn thing ate all my gold). Wasn't disappointed, good armor.
    That armor saw it all wtih my char, everything from orcs at shaengarne to the Twins at the grande finale.
    Btw that battle sucked, had to run around and wait for their spells to wear off, Mordy's sword didn't even scratch them, maybe I should have dared melee with a +5 weapon. But Horrid Wilting did most of it, <3 those +100 damage hits on the twins with one cast. Still had to run around though, too many slayer knights, not forgetting the twins, after my butt. But as soon as their prot. spells wore off, my off. spells started doing their job. High level fire spells were particulary effective, + the horrid wilting.

7. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Don't forget about that healing sword (Delnar's Healing Blade) you can pickup. I believe it's in the Hand, but I may have picked it up in Dragon's Eye.

Technically speaking, it's not regeneration, but it's close enough to make a large difference. You can swap out weaponry in combat, but it's too bad you can't beat your own a** with it. ;)

8. Silvery

Media:
    Cool, thanks a lot.

BTW Shire, if u multiclass as many charactures as possible into druids and rangers before the final battle and then keep hitting he twins with the smashing wave spell then they go down pretty quickly

9. Shire Gems: 4/31

I soloed, and I like wizards/sorcerers.
    But the fight prolly would have been dead easy had I gone with my +5 2hander from the start, instead of trying with Mordy's swords, since it apparently was not "magical" enough to bypass their DR.

Oh well.

10. Silvery

Media:
    yeah, i don't think magical weapons have much effect on the twins. don't know about the holy avenger though, that might do something?

11. Shire Gems: 4/31

I believe +5 weapons work, or they did after I ran around long enough for their spells to wear off. But I bet they work right away.

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

You don't have to run around until their spells wear off because you can use the Protection from Magic scroll available in the Severed Hand and cast that on Isair which pretty much nullifies him.

13. Silvery

Media:
    protection from magic? where's that from?

14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Can't remember but you find it somewhere around Severed Hand. Usually you cast it on yourself to protect yourself from someone else's spells but you can also use it on Isair, after which he can't cast buffs on himself. This tips the scales of the battle back in your favour.

15. Silvery

Media:
    cool, i never thought about anything like that. I normally just hit him with smashing wave and he goes down pretty easy.

16. Shire Gems: 4/31

The scroll found from the Hand is self only, but you can buy one with targeting ability from Nym. I tried it on Madae (damn Blasphemy), but it didn't work. I also tried beating them with +5 weapons. Either they got a particular high resistance to bludgeoning, or they have some nifty spell effect to prevent damage from everything. I remember I could beat them after I had them go for pool, and they had no spells on them. But right on the start, my +5 phantom qstave did nothing.
    Gladly, my sorcerer had plenty of Horrid Wiltings, magic damage seems to do the trick with the twins, so I destroyed Isaer with 5 castings.
    Solo human sorcerer (pure), easiest game I've ever had. In the end I had way more spells than I needed, not to mention more castings I ever needed. He was quite the one man army. Buff spells to fill the whole portrait ;) Oh, noticed on this game, Blink + Improved. Invis. + Mirror Image = teh Win. First they roll against invis. if they pass that, they roll the Blink's 50%, and if they manage to do even that, I lose 1 mirror. Yay! Beat 4 Slayer knights with this combo, with only 1 casting of Mirror Image. AC was around 34. Qstaves only guy, with the exception on magically created weapons (Mordy's Sword).

Btw, has anyone else noticed that Mordy's Missiles is bugged and way underpowered? The spell description says that Shield (the spell) should block both the Missiles and the concussion from it, but the concussion it does not. The damage was supposed to be 2d4? +1 per lvl to a max of 7 missiles. To get 7 you'd be lvl 25 IIRC, but the missiles did s*it damage when I tried. Bugged and a waste of selection IMO.

17. Silvery

Media:
    sorry babe, didn't understand a word of that. what does IIRC mena?

18. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

IIRC - If I Recall Correctly or If I Remember Correctly

19. Silvery

Media:
    ok, that makes sense. D'UH, somebody told me that years ago. i really do have a pants memory

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.