1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dead bodies, dead cats, broken armor

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Essexx, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Essexx Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I have been lugging around some extra stuff in my bag of holding for 3 chapters including: a couple of dead cats, dead bodies, broken weapons, broken armor, etc. I am afraid to dump them in case I need them later in the game. Does anyone know if they are still needed? I keep running out room in my bag of holding.

2. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Were are you in the game? Anyways, you don't need broken armour for any quest or mission in the game, so you can drop it. The dead cat is only used in the quest in chapter 1 were you have to give the cat back to the old lady. Check the IDII walktrough on this site for details.

3. dostari Gems: 1/31

I've only gotten as far as chapter 5 so far, and I can tell you that there's at least one place you'll want to have some broken armor/weapons and another you'll want to have a dead cat (but don't need it). I've yet to find a use for dead bodies or skulls. I suspect I know of a use for dead bodies but I haven't tried it yet. Something for a future party to investigate...

4. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31

Thanks for the info Dostari, didn't know that.

5. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

You can do a quest in Severed Hand if you didn't kill Yquoq and if you have bodies but there are bodies in Severed Hand...

6. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31

Am I losing my infinite wisdom? NOOOOOO!

Anyways, didn't know that either Khelben.

7. bluey Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

So far as I can tell, you only need the cat for the old lady in Targos.

Broken armor you can sell for decent buck usually - the broken weapons and such I never did find any use for outside of Oswalds repairing spell.

And if you have a good collection of dead things you can freak Yquog in Chap 6 into fleeing, but *only* if your intimidation skills are high.

I went in there with a rather impressive collection - about 6 bodies, 3 or 4 cats, spiders and skulls - and he only got flustered until I levelled up my talker and raised his intimidation skills.

8. Kabuki Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Bluey: I didn't know the thing about the bodies and Yquog. That sounds interesting, and i may have to try it out.

Khelban: What's this quest/event with the Severed hand and the bodies??? *You've got my Interest.. Don't leave us all hanging*

9. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

They are both talking about the same quest. It's in towards the end of Chapter 6.

10. wckowalski Gems: 1/31

I have been lugging around the 2 piles of rubble from the deadfall trap in the glacier. They weigh 10 pounds each and won't go in the bag of holding. I am also carrying several notes and keys, the auril amulets, an excess ingrediant from the alchemy laboratory, and the initiate robes.

11. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Perhaps you need to have a garage sale? All that stuff is very useless and is wasting space and weighing you down...

12. wckowalski Gems: 1/31

Just remembered: I'm also carrying half a dozen bottles of wine and the hearts from the heartless dead.

13. Istari of Thay Banned

You were supposed to place the heart of the Heartless Dead on the ground in front of them...
    Then they would have picked it up and disappeared...

14. Krysalyn Gems: 2/31

would you get more exp by keeping the hearts and killing those undead?

(since I think keeping the hearts makes them attack whoever is carrying them?)

15. Laocorn Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Wait, so the bodies are only useful if Yquog is alive? Damn, I ripped his skull off and shoved the bodies of his minions down his neck, and then restapled his head on backwards and kicked his body around a bit for fun WAY back in Chapter 1. I've been carrying the bodies and cats for nothing!!!

And dude with the aurilite necklaces, ditch those (can't sell them) and get rid of any keys you have.

16. wckowalski Gems: 1/31

Well, I only talked to someone who told me about the heartless dead hearts after I had already released and killed all the heartless dead and saved over my saves.

17. Raistlin24 Gems: 2/31

If u keep the dead cat found in the warehouse you can learn its fate(how did it die)by talking to the 3 mercenaries(the guys with the red armor)found in the Palisade
    I am not sure though whether u get more XP if u go afterwards and speak with Firtha

[Please spell out "you" - BTA]

[ March 26, 2003, 20:50: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

18. Kabuki Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Is there any EXp or item reward for scaring Yquoq with the dead bodies in Chpt 6???

*Yet another new game on my part.. Is getting close to him, and if i get more exp, or item, won't slaughter that entire area..*

19. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yes, but it's not much. The SP IWD2 Online Solution has the exact number.

20. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Actually the guy is killed easily in the very beginning chapters. That's the best way out the problem.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.