1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A way to empower your tank

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Anakha the Almighty, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] I have my paladin wearing, Tymora's Loop ring and Young Ned's Knucky amulet. The point behind these are, they have luck. (+3 ring and +2 amulet)
    Luck increases attack and damage rolls, my paladin hits critical at 2/3 rate. With these items and "Improved Critical" feat, the critical range of "Golden Heart..." becomes 13-20. Now cast "Executioner's Eyes" and "Luck" to finish the recipe and have a critical range of 8-20. :aaa: :toofar:
    Sit back and watch your paladin while he acts as death itself. :grin:
    Believe me HoF orcs are just searching for a hole to escape. ;)

EDIT NOTE:
    Only "Execuitoner's Eyes" will shown in character record screen.

[ January 17, 2003, 09:26: Message edited by: Anakha the Almighty ]

2. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Where did you find Tymora's loop anyway? Was it a random drop, or is it now available in a store with the 2.01 patch?

3. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Severed Hand. IIRC one of the higher brass has it in their room.

4. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31

Sorry Khazraj but you are wrong.
    As Beren suspected the "Tymora's Loop" is a random drop. I found it in Kuldahar. If you are lucky enough you can have two of them :) I am not that lucky but one does good still.

5. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

well you can get toughness, always good. :p

6. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Some people are just so lucky.

I only wish MY paladin found a Tymora's Loop.

Ah well ...

7. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31

Tarsakh:
    What good has "Toughness" to do about more powerful tanks?
    Oh, I see... You are just kidding. :p

Beren:
    Be sure that it is much a better choice than "Ring of Warrior" or such. :p :D

8. Grey Ghost Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Tymora's Loop is a great ring and it is a random drop. However, I have found at least one in almost every game I have played. It is typically in the Severed Hand (the most common place I have found it is in one of Brutai Mar's chests or boxes at the top of the Cleric tower) and in one game I actually found two Loops in the Hand.

9. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31

Did you know that I sold the first Tymora's Loop, I found while my first run? The price was just 700gp or such so I thought it is not a good item.

10. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I am wrong again. I found the ring in the Severed Hand for the third time. It was on the Xvimian priest in the Cleric's Tower, the one who wears red and is saying "mass" for the congregation of believers.

Oh well, it is simply a "random" drop...

11. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I had Tymora but i don't remeber where... I also looked at the ring and when i saw Luck +3 i sold it :( ,i didn't know what Luck did.

12. Rekiller Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Try a Barbarian/Fighter Tank, use the feat for +3 HP, and I use a powerfull two-handed sword, no shields for more damage.

13. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31

Rekiller:
    What do you want to say? You are totally off topic.
    Oh, maybe you are not because I can not understand you! :rolleyes:
    BTW, I found another "Tymora's Loop" and now my dwarven barbarian has one too. :grin: :happy:

14. Rekiller Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Sorry if you can´t understand me, I´m not very good in english, but I said a way to empower a tank like the title said.

[ January 24, 2003, 02:48: Message edited by: Rekiller ]

15. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31

Oh, I see your point. OK then... But you should read the whole topic. I already suggest a way for empowerment and this topic is to discuss if this way is efficient or not. Thanks for the input though. Now I will get "Toughness" feat to all my tanks. :shake:

16. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I don't think Toughness is that good a feature. You gain 3 hitpoints, for a whole featpoint. I think I can put those to better use.

Besides, it's not like those 3 (though 15 might if you invest 5 feats in it) are going to make a real difference.

17. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31

I agree with Faragon on toughness discuss.
    My paladin deals 90 points of damage on Smite evil criticals. Probably he will be dealing more than 100 when he gets 'Light of Cera Sumat' :)
    With Golden Heart he gets 5 attacks per round.
    Some rounds he gets critical on all 5 attacks and deals about 200 points of damage. :eek:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.