1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

best bard build

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Steeze, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Steeze Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

hey all. i really like bard but i find it hard to make a good one. good some people give me some tips on it eg: race, build, early lvl feats and skills etc: thanx

2. Crom the Powerfull Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

It depends what you want your bard to do.
    If you make him the talker of your party, you need different stats then when you use him purely for his songs...

So what will your bard DO in the party ?

3. Steeze Gems: 10/31

i want him as a mainly as a back spell caster who can add a bit more brute force to the party, and he/she would probaly be my talker

4. Crom the Powerfull Gems: 3/31

If you want him to be the talker as well, it depends if you have a rogue or not.

No rogue ?

Then you want your bard to have the following skills :

Search
    Disarms traps
    Diplomacy
    Intimidate
    Bluff

I dont know exactly, but this is A LOT of skillpoints, since search and bluff ( Im not sure about disarms traps ) take 2 skill points per level.

I would go the way I went my with my rogue/bard.

Take rogue levels until 10, then take bard, you wont profit a lot from the spells during normal mode, during hof, when he gets his bards abilities maxed, he will be helpfull addition to your party.

His spells wont be that powerfull since he gets spells at a much slower rate than sorcerers do, so dont get over focussed on that.

IIRC correctly, my rogue/bard is something like this :

Human

STR 6
    DEX 18
    CON 16
    INT 16
    WIS 10
    CHA 14

Human to get the one extra skill point per level ( is equal to +2 int if int > 10 )
    CHA 14 to get a little bonus to your talking skills, but you dont need them that much, you could go for 10 CHA and put the 4 points somewhere else, like +2 STR and +2 con

5. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

you should go for drow probably as they get CHA and INT +2. INT you need for skillpoints and CHA for your spells. CHA 20 is good, remember the +5 bonus against enemies saving rolls etc.
    also, a bard needs many abilities and drow gives good. you will have a skillpoint in bow and +2 DEX which is good, also.

6. Cernak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I would go for strength 8 (so your carrying capacity isn't abysmal) plus weapon finesse and bull' s strength. But where to take off the two points? Probably wisdom. Bard/rogue is a nice build, but tough because you're always stetched on skill points. Pure bard would get you level 8 spells in hof (level 26 and up) but I don't know how useful this is, never having done it. Your first feat should be Lingering Song.

7. Steeze Gems: 10/31

should i give him light armour and some points in armoured arcana or is this a waste?

8. Ghost Gems: 3/31

I'm trying to make a Blade (BG2 bard kit) equivalent Bard... I got some idea like taking TWF, weapon fineese. but not sure of how am i going to build it... any idea?

Thanks

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.