1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Playing Icewind Dale II as an evil Party?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Ofelix, Mar 4, 2003.

1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Does the game is Harder or easier with an evil party? Does you have evil choice and path to finish the game? Is an evil path only Asking more gold and saying "bad" speach?

2. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

What is your defination of evil?
    To me, stopping the twins' mass destruction using violence is pretty evil itself.

3. Laocorn Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I don't know that it's any easier, but you do get more gold. And the dialogue options are very nice indeed. Course, you have an option of getting more experience by killing all the Black Raven monks, going back to the duergar fort to collect your reward, and then butchering the duergar. Other than that, I tell people to put down their weapons before I hack off their limbs, I steal everything that isn't bolted down (and if the bolts aren't rusted enough to where I can break them off.)

There are some quests you can't do, there are some that I did that only good groups should do (I let my roleplaying slip) but all in all it's practically the same game. Just a bit more fun when it comes to dialogue.

4. Krysalyn Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

one way to play an evil party and still reap all of the quest rewards is to look at it like this:

the evil party will do things that *seem* good to further their own interests... i.e. retreiving the moonblade.

plus, you can then always go hostile on whoever you just helped and kill them... so you have performed their little quest for them, gotten your reward, and then killed them for whatever else they were carrying.

if you want to justify killing/banishing the twins, you can always say that you were doing it to get rid of them so that your party can try to take over in their stead...

5. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I'm not sure if I'm evil or not. I started with neutral good people.

But I didn't feel like doing those 8 chambers. So I just cleared out the monks. And as an added bonus, the durgar still attacked me (I didn't report back that I'd cleaned them out), so I got to wipe them out too.

I'd tell you it was a win/win for everyone, but since the monks and durgar didn't live, I don't think it was good for them. All my people liked it, though.

Evil is GOOD!

6. Laocorn Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Now see, I completed the 8 chambers this final time to reap the xp bonus, and THEN I killed the monks. As for the Duergar, they still have some there to attack you, but not as many if you clean out the fortress.

And I retrieved the moonblade, then I told that woman to piss off, so I had to kill her later when I was fighting the wererats. That was a pain, but ah well. Lots of xp killing her and raping her dead corpse.

7. ejsmith Gems: 25/31

You were doing real good until that last sentence.

Anyways, after I'd whacked all the monks, I had considered the fact that if I wasn't already at level 30, I'd have gotten more experience by completing the chambers and then whacking them. I'd also have gotten more experience by just exterminating the durgar in their outpost too, which is exactly what I did the first time I played through.

Besides, I thought all durgar were evil. And I was playing a goody-goody party.

And my retard paladin gets talked to when I roll up to the entrance to The Hand. And I remember wondering why Markadeth stabbed the paladin in the back when he "started spouting paladin stuff". I no longer wonder; I now know.

And, I'm thinking it was a really good call, too. God paladins can be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO retarded...

8. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] what pissed me off was that you couldnt go on a complete killing spree and kill everything you saw.... in BG2, you could do that because you were in a town and you would do most of your mini quests there. ahh well, mabye i shouldnt have sold it...... :flaming:

9. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

EJ. Who is Markadeth?

Unless we have a DM, and in my case it's....me! it will make absolutely no difference if we do whatever the hell we feel like for gaining xp. I always get the max xp from whatever it takes, and DND alignment is so "true to life". Like Teek said, slaughtering thousands of creatures to "stop the twins" is quite an evil act. But these days our world is so full of evil thinly disguised as "goodness" it's hard to imagine that a game would not end up the same...

10. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Playing IWD2 with an evil party is frustrating to no end. I'm constantly being forced into goodygoody dialogoptions I don't want to take. It's just not really evil. Ah well, I guess I'm spoiled with PnP now, where I can say anything I want.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.