1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A good alfa server for a starting character?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Kiranos, Oct 5, 2003.

1. Kiranos Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Which Alfa server is a good start server for a my new character and first... have been member since before live but havn't gotten around to actually play... There are still no guild here at sorcerers right?

2. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] Have you tried logging in to ALFA website?

The player vault has been purged to delete inactive players. So try if you're still a member.

Daggerdale is one of the most popular servers. Also a lot of people play on The vast swamp or waterdeep. I cant say how it is there becouse i havent played there yet, but people seem to like it.
    My advice is to choose a server with many people so youcan have some fun. :thumb:

3. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

*cough*BG*cough*

4. Kiranos Gems: 4/31

yeah I'm still a member i didn't say that I didn't follow the project :)

5. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

BG might be a bit too risky, to say the least.

Come to Northern Cormyr! Lots of very active DMs, including yours truly. :D

6. Kiranos Gems: 4/31

where is that Northern Cormyr? I went to ALFA Beta but could not find the ip...

7. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Northern Cormyr is part of the Arabel/013 server.

I wouldn't rely too much on that beta page, as Bioware changed how the computer polling system works recently. That page can't pull data from the servers like it is supposed to.

Anyway, all the ALFA servers are good to start on. Which is one is best depends on when you intend to play. You really want to ensure that you regularly play when the DMs are on to get the best possible gaming experience. And DM schedules vary from server to server.

8. Kiranos Gems: 4/31

I'm from sweden so my timezone is GMT+1 any specific server that is europe friendly?

9. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Well I'm swedish too, so.. :D

10. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

TVS has a DM in Poland. Vale of Lost Voices has several European DMs, I believe.

11. Danubus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

IcewindDale is going Live next week and we have a Euro DM. Come see us!

12. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Wow! Three ALFA DMs in a row :)

Welcome to SP Danubus.

13. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

*waves*

14. Danubus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Thanks for the welcome!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.