1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ALFA adventures

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Gothmog, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Whereabouts can I access my Player Vault (I can't see anything for it).

2. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I'm confused, have you made you're PC in game yet? As in, on the server you've chosen to start on?

3. The Kilted Crusader

It wasn't working on Daggerdale was what the problem was. I'm on The Frozen North and its working fine.

Theres a bug with getting the tundra wolves pelts though, so I'm gonna have to wait til thats fixed before moving on (I've killed four of them and got nothing).

4. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Well done Frosty! Both on the OAS and the level 6 :p
    The OAS is fun to DM on. It's such a change from DMing normal ALFAians.

5. The Kilted Crusader

I'm looking forward to actually meeting other people on it, I take it the prime times are late in the evening. I played a couple of hours last night, really just running across lots of snow.

6. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

I still suck at making up quests, but it was fun :D

there was a half orc, who'd min/maxed his stats, and I magically became an orc hating ranger, it became a fight in the end, and one of the other PC's killed him. I wish there were other DM's on at the same time as me though, it makes me feel horrid if I muck up :eek:

7. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

If you name a time I'll try and be there. It's always fun working with new DMs.

8. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

lol, shame we're on opposite sides of the world, no problem though, sometimes I get on very early in the morning when I've nothing better to do, over the weekends I can get on at times like 8:00 am (GMT)if that suits you.

9. Rotku

Sure, sounds fine. 8am (GMT) next saturday it is. *marks it on his calendar*

Hmm, now time to think of a plot...
    Do we need one, or just make it up on the spot?

10. The Kilted Crusader

Ok, I'm desperate to start playing with some other folk. Is anyone here in the Frozen North?

BTW, how do I get a visa (I'm guessing this is what I need) to travel to other places?

11. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Check the forum on the community message boards to see how populted it is.
    If there arent that many people on, start sending PMs around. Primarily server's DMs to get a planned campaign going on or at least a session.
    If nothing works, you could always say pelting wolves for hides wasnt warm enough work and move south. Or below the ground, even more interesting. ;)

Edit:
    Gee, just writing this post made me remember all the awsome stuff on ALFA. 4 days till the worst of school is over, i will find some time for it then.

12. The Kilted Crusader

Thanks Gothmog, I think I'll head south quite soon if I can't find anyone ;) .

I just had a little foray into the Bryn Shander Keep, made about a hundred XP before I had to pull out. 28 arrows left, no loot, and no gold to pay for more arrows. Bugger.

13. Rotku

Ah, the Keep. You're luckey my Lich has moved out of that place, or you would have found yourself inslaved or dead :p

14. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Your character will already have a Visa for the server you're on - this is what validates that the character is in the 'right' place. When you portal to another server, the script essentially gives your character a 'pass' to the next server. The old Visa is removed, and a Visa for the new server is given to your character. With the new Visa your character will be validated on the new server. Trying to log on to another server with the wrong Visa will land your character in quarantine. And if your character somehow loses that Visa they'll also land in Q.

If for some reason your character gets sent to quarantine, check the server log messages to see what they say - this will help any DM who is trying to sort it out.

15. Rotku

Ah, Gnolyn, havne't seen you around here in a while. :wave: How's it going? Are you still around ALFA?

16. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

@RotKU. I'm happy with whatever, on the fly or pre-planned, I don't mind.

17. The Kilted Crusader

I managed to get hold of an entire 6gp (I need fifty to start heading to waterdeep *mumble*), and replenished my arrows.

It's proving to be a great difficulty to be healed as 1) I don't have a deity, and most of the priest refuse to heal me due to not being of the faith 2) I can't afford the healing anyway :D

18. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Hey Rotku. Things have been rather busy in RL, so I've been taking a break from ALFA and NWN in general. I haven't been on ALFA for a few months really - before things got really busy I was on LoG mostly. With luck I'll have some more time to be on LoG, and might take a stroll around ALFA to see what's happening.

I have been keeping an eye on the boards though. Looks like you've been pretty busy there - good job!

19. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

Teehee

Yes, ALFA people love DM.

20. The Kilted Crusader

A longbow wielding Fight on Daggerdale named Seraph is my latest character. I'm still trying to find a character I'm suited to really.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.