1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ALFA adventures

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Gothmog, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I heard Anysha (raindrop whas it?) character is well and all, but the player aint nowhere to be found.
    Ah, well we can live without a lvl14 sorceress, right? :)

I'll go and make some adjustments to the Eastgate and Beyond area :)

2. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Well my gnomish companion died due to some wierd flying bug in Selgaunt. It looked like he was 30ft in the air, and he couldn;t see his enemies to attack them. Luckily Drokkar had seens its likes before and gave him a full rezz/rebuild. Though after that drokkar continued on his quest to build a home for them pansy elves in Selgaunt. Sums uo my adventures tonight.

3. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Oh? alterations to the eastgate area :p Nothing too nasty I hope.

Oh, well, Triskaar is well enough, with her 59 experience. :D

4. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I t looks like I've been accepted into ALFA (Yay). There are enough of these Haks to download though, do I have to get them all, or is there just a specific one?

5. Muumli the Wayfarer Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Get them all, plus the HotU ones in the forums. You need the old ones still because some servers (most, I would think) still use stuff from them.

6. The Kilted Crusader

Its a lot to download (I'm not actually sure that I'll bother now I've found out!), BTW is there anything I can download which can save a hak half way through, incase my comp craqshes or anything?

7. Gothmog

You do not have a broadband?
    You dont need it to play (there is one DM on dial-up), but the haks sure are nasty to get then.

I use FlashGet, and it does go a bit faster.
    Otherwise there was some talk of all the haks on a CD iirc. Not totaly sure though.

8. fade Gems: 13/31

9. The Kilted Crusader

Thanks for the links, very much appreciated :thumb: .

I'm afraid I don't have broadband, but give it a couple of months, and the area will.

10. Muumli the Wayfarer Gems: 7/31

Hmm, the ALFA homepage no longer lists IPs for the servers, and I cannot seem to find Pirate Isles, even though the ALFA page says it is up. I installed the HotU haks contrary to instructions, having installed and updated before getting the haks, but I was on Pirate Isles last night, and it was fine. Is it me? Is it the ALFA hompage? Is there some place to get the IPs? I tried to resign up to the boards, but I got an acceptance email message, and that means I have to try again later because they aren't sending them out. Help Me!

11. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

The ALFA home page is way out of date, due to the admin problem. If you want to find out the different servers go into NWN, multiplayer, join internet game, PW Story, and then it should be under ALFA - server name.

12. fade Gems: 13/31

Well Kric just got to level three, and a oh-so-friendly pc inquire if I could get him some nice drugs to enchant someone. Of course I said I would look into it and got 100 gold to keep my mouth shut. Things are looking up being the only Red Wizard PC, until I relieze that the competition(Iron Throne) has about 7 or 8 pc members. *sigh* Time to go recruit.

Anyone interested in playing a Thayian? Don't have to be a wizard, could be a brute. ;)

13. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

You coud always just kill the compitition off, that way you'll remain the only RW ;)

14. Gothmog

Hehe, i've been messing around with Toolset for the last few days.

-A new Inn and a merchant in the Eastgate and Beyond
    -A bit prettier Eastgate&Beyond
    -Pul's kobold cave under Immerflow
    -Bandit hideout and group
    - Goblin Worg Rider :grin:

You'll be sure to be seeing these riders lots of times! tehehehe, CR5 and cant run away because they're too fast! :evil:
    Scary guys!

15. fade Gems: 13/31

There needs to be a random chance for the warg to eat the golbon and run away, just to make it accurate you know.

Still waiting for Selgaunt to go up, if it doesn't soon I will probaly get on NC and chat with people through tell while and chill in Q. Least none of you warg riders can try and kill me there. ;)

16. Gothmog

[​IMG] Oh, dont worry, we can spawn them everywhere :D

The Eastgate and Wargs are uploaded already. Too bad the inside of the inn isnt yet. Will be today probably though, so no biggie.
    Lots of fuss with conversation and merchant creating :o

17. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Tris is still alive, no thanks to the endless amounts of undead and problems that NC seems to be having.

Bah, I need to buy a scythe somewhere. :evil: Thamier converted to the Morning Lord, it was all very interesting, wonder if he still has his old armour...

All weird happenings in NC right now, and to get anywhere you need a magical weapon, my arrows don't even scratch the zombies and Mummy Lords that were spawned on a group of us earlier this evening.

18. Gothmog

In about 45min there's the final episode of the Arabel undead. I wont be there though. Too late with the school tomorrow.
    Dont get killed again Frosty ;) :D

And i'm still messing around with all the building :o

Edit: Whew, i'm finaly done with the inn :cool:
    2 more caves to go

[ February 01, 2004, 22:39: Message edited by: Gothmog4230 ]

19. NeoXro Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

What's "ALFA"? :D

20. Muumli the Wayfarer Gems: 7/31

alandfaraway.net

We're going through some changes, so that page is outdated, but it provides an overview of the project. Click the community forums or ALFA chat to find current info on it. And you can fill out player applications on the site as well, they are still current. Come check us out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.