1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ALFA adventures

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Gothmog, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

In the last few days the whole east side of Northern Cormyr has been changed. And for the whole lot better too. Escpecialy the lake, with a fine sandy beach. When Himo walked into it he could almost dive beneath. (and you can walk all across it).
    We could have a beach party there sometime :D

Ah, and Bravehearts and Champions :rolleyes:
    I went to their place with a lvl8 cleric - Thamier. (a good fella). And they were very... excited to see us. hehe
    We did have a problem though... those big nasties must have at least 40 hit points... and if you get hit by that big axe of theirs you might not survive even one blow.
    Himo kinda liked one perticiular fight... an Orc shaman summoned a badger. Himo caught it with Animal Emphaty and together we beat the stupid shaman down, and then another grunt. The bagder was near death, so Himo told him to wait on some spot, while he strode off and released him when he was far away. (He's a druid) ;)

2. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

You know that wolf that Himo charmed last night...

I wasn't looking where I was going and it ran into me o_O. Kaali has nasty wolf tooth size holes in her armour now. Still in one piece though...

Hit level 2 again last night. ;)

3. Gothmog

:cry: :cry:

Himo's stuck in Arabel City. Character vault is down so i cant get on it :(

And he just did a very dangerous mission... Scouting the dangerous orc infested woods of Hullack forest and reporting back - alive. ;)

He did it and he wants to report :mad:

4. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Just say one of his boots fell off and he is looking for it.

Btw Harente died :-( I could of survived, but I didn't want to abandon my companion, but oh well, such is life.

5. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

Ah HA! I wondered why I couldn't get into Arabel...

*scowl*

Hmmm, I miss my cleric spells...

6. Gothmog

Damn... i twisted my ankle :mad:

Next gux will probably be an eastern samurai who's disgusted by the weaknes of human flesh.
    Will probably willingly be infected with lycanthrophy :)
    Or something similiar at least

I hope DMs can do anything like that.

7. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Gothmog, theoratically, it can be done; it just isn't allowed. The rules clearly say that no player is allowed to play with a werebeast, or something like a vampire, a lich or a half-dragon. I doubt there will be any exceptions, because if one person is allowed to, the next thing you will see is that everybody is affected with lycanthrophy.

8. Gothmog

[​IMG] Damn there goes my 1/3baalor 1/3 tanar'ri 1/3 dragon Epic level fighter10/wizard20/rogue10 dual-wielding two greatswords and being undead, werebeast and a chosen by Mystra that can only be damaged at exactly 24.00 :shake: :shake:

9. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

Perhaps you can bribe Bel :p

Hmm, would it be a possible to have a DM quest with a PC getting a were-disease? Like how some people like their high level characters to go out with a bang.

I can imagine a great DM quest...

10. Muumli the Wayfarer Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Oh dear, I've got seven days. And I just started. Who would have thought I'd encounter a sword spider in the Dagger Hills tile 2010 and try and run, but die smack dab in the middle of the area? on the second tier, near the western side? :rolleyes: I never saw it coming.

On an unrelated note, how do I do this death thing. I died, went to the place-of-death, and then signed off, and now im here. If I get ressurected :rolleyes: , how will I know? Will I log on and find my character in some temple or something?

11. Gothmog

dont worry, dont worry... you surely wont get ressurected (rezzed) ;) :(

Few lvl1 get rezzed anyway. Either you need lots of cash 1600gp+, have lots of friends willing to give the gold for you or have a mighty cleric find your corpse (and still have 500gp to pay up).

And btw... Dagger hills arent a suitable place to go wandering with a lvl1 char. :eek:

Go into the city and try a static quest. If you dont know where it is, just ask around... your char doesnt know that anyway.
    ah, travel around with other folks. Way safer ;)

12. Muumli the Wayfarer Gems: 7/31

Oh, right, heh heh, I forgot about that whole thing of money and ressurection. Oh well, it's my fault for Animal Empathy-ing a Worg to my aid, then casting sleep on the Worg and Sword Spider entangled in combat. Not like he had a chance, anyway.

13. Gothmog

oh, boy... i have a feeling you're gonna lose a few characters yet :p :lol:

A lvl1 taking on a Worg and a Sword spider :eek: . Even if its a druid ;)

As i said... doing statics is a nice way to level to 2nd level. Not exactly enough but at least you get a feeling what your guy can do and what not :)

14. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

Rest in peace Kaali... or pieces. Orcs can be cruel you know. How was I to know that there'd be 4 grunts and a shaman right beside the AT?

:D

Now, we have Azira, a druid. I've missed playing a druid, and my hawk friend Kardinal. I can't stand it when people take tanking companions, like dire wolves, bears and such. Sometimes they just use them for tanking tough enemies. :(

Kardinal rocks anyway, you can take hawks everwhere, perch them on your shoulder and all that.

And on a side note, I didn't know hawks got disarm! :eek: Must have been something in the SoU upgrade, haven't played a druid since then. Perhaps I'll come back to DD for old times sake. Say hello to Bel, get undead spawned on me, yeah fun.

:p

NC is such a vast server though, huge areas and all that. I guess I'm too used to DD size areas. Bah, I'll return to DD, about level 2 or 3 probably.

15. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Well Trog the Troll is beginning to think he's be had. He bought a bridge from this Gnome; Seebo, Bringer of Gond's Wonders at Resonable Prices, just outside of the town of Yartar and has just had the worst luck. The first customer shoot arrows at him until he had to swat him and then the 2 next customers seeemed to want to walk all the way upstream and go around the bridge. He's only charging a small price; 1 Greenstone or 3 gps but nobody wants to deal with him. Does anyone have a plan on how a young troll can get into the market today?

16. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

*Cries* I step on an At to go onwards, and a goblin elite, a goblin shaman, and 2 regulars are right on the other side.

I've stabalized at -7... *big deep breathes*
    I can't die! I'm a witness for an attempted murder...

Somehow. I wind up getting myself as a character in a murder interrogation. -_- And then I half die.

Life is cruel.

17. Muumli the Wayfarer Gems: 7/31

Wow, that was exciting. DD ant colony, southern door in the first area. I found the body of my comrade, Ewryn Dundragon, in a heap next to the gaping hole that led deeper into the caverns. Kneeling, I spoke some blessings over him, and standing up, I passed through the door seeking ants. I went not ten feet through that door when I realized that I should honor the dead before seeking the blood of the living so, turning, I returned throught the door(AT, i think you guys call it) and I hadn't so much as loaded the area when two Guardians struck me down (I loaded so close to them, they both got aoo's on me instantly, that's 18 damage, I was at -9, and I stabilized immediately). I was dead within the hour. But the beasts vanished as soon as I fell unconscious. Strange. Turns out the owner of the late Ewryn Dundragon died in the same way. Stranger.

Yeah, so I tried to speak to a DM about this...but there are none. No worries though, I jimmied my way into Waterdeep to speak to someone, and Imanujakku gave me residence. I'll return to the Dale one day...I just hope the Dale will be waiting...

18. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

you and me two, Run. DD better still be there when I decide to go there with Azzy, or Azira as most people know here.

Hmm, Azira just hit level 2 earlier this morning, :D Her and Kardinal might head over to DD some time.

19. Gothmog

Himo's return to Cormyr after a few I weeks of absence :)

Nothing spectacular at all. It was night all the time and i just talked to some folks, mostly Voran.
    Oh, and i'll level to 4th level in 38xp :)

20. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Valawyn been tearing stuff a new on in Shadowdale, hit level two a week ago and now almost half-way to three. Also dropped by VoLV to pick up a new bow. :-D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.