1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

AORTA dies of massive coronary?!?!?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Sir Belisarius, May 5, 2003.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I noticed the AORTA guild pages left over the weekend...The horror! What happened to our merry little band?

Actually, I'm not too surprised...The ALFA site claims to have over a 1000 members, but I've never seen more than 50 on all the servers combined. Maybe folks are waiting for all the platforms to become stable...But who knows.

So far ALFA has been pretty fun! It's the closest thing to playing DnD on a computer that I've ever seen! It would be nice if others from this community get in, so I'm not the only one posting in this forum!

;)

[ May 05, 2003, 14:15: Message edited by: Sir Belisarius ]

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Actually, the AORTA page on SP is still there (because I can't easily remove it), but I locked down and hid the AORTA forum. It's really pointless to have it listed here still. I didn't want to delete it whole, but I don't really know what else to do with it either. Move all posts from it to Phlan Crier? As it is now, even this forum is pointless since Phlan seems to be a dead project...

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] From what I've heard on the grapevine, member Belisarius has been killed :) I know Dael Wealdstrider is still alive somewhere in Scardale wandering aimlessly, but has rarely been seen, perhaps due to his amazing stealth abilities ;)

Of the others I have heard no word of whether they exist at all...

4. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Tis true...The mighty Belisarius, Paladin of Torm, fell to a group of giants ants in Daggerdale...That's what happens when you travel alone.

My newest character, Nimbul Alewine, has made it to 2nd level...and is threatening to make 3rd by the end of the week! It must be his halfling roguishness that is keeping him alive...Very few monsters seem to even notice him...Until it's too late!

I think I need to start pickpocketing more though...I need gold!

5. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Phlan is not so much dead as in a coma. The module still exists but is unable to connect to the server vault. If this problem ever gets resolved it could come off life support.

Guilds/factions etc haven't turned out to be the big deal that we thought they would be pre-launch - when the fear was super guilds ruling the Realms. Parties tend to form ad - hoc on the night as players bump into one another.

6. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Plus, all the player death!

Alas, poor Nimbul fell in the crypts south of Daggerdale, in a vain attempt to save the rest of his party. ((I think that raises the number of characters made in ALFA to 5 now!))

7. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Hehe, and Daggerdale is generaly reckoned to be one of the more benign servers for noobs. Gods help thee on The Vast Swamp!

8. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] That's shocking to hear, considering the bodies that litter the Temple of Lathander in Dagger Falls!!!

I think I am going to start a new pc on Arabel tonight...If anyone is interested - Meet up!

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Erran, so why don't you call the place where you bought your computer and ask them to send a tech around to fix you up?

10. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Hee hee. On TVS they're usually just left to rot in the swamp or be eaten by bugs ;)

I have a character on Arabel at the moment, but I doubt I'll be on at all tonight. I think you'll like Arabel though. There's a lot more in the way of static content for players, and content that offers things for different types of players. And the DMs seem to be around quite frequently. Just keep in mind: the orcs of Arabel are way, way tougher than those in Daggerdale.

11. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] I started a new pally on Daggerdale, but it crashes all the time. I may take the long walk to Arabel.

12. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Tal: been there, done that, got a new hard drive; didn't fix it :( latest theory is it's some incompatibility between (my?) win XP pro and the program they use to run the server vault.

13. Relic Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I've seen a few of the old AORTAns running around through beta, but haven't seen any during live. I'm on Silverymoon, DMd by Duck, every Saturday night, some good adventures there.

14. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Jesus, how crappy was that? First real person I see on Scardale fighting a couple of Goblins, so I unstealth to help him out and kill one of them. We get to talking afterwards, just chitchat when out of the blue he attacks me. Critical hit 14 points and I'm dead before I know what's going on. The reason? "Sorry I'm evil and poor. NE follower of Visharoon." What BS. Boy what fun there is to be had in ALFA on Scardale! :rolleyes:

15. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Wow...I haven't seen any mindless PKing in DD yet. I've seen one 1/2 orc killed for being an orc...But considering the orc trouble in DD, it seems understandable. The only other PK death I know of was a halfling thief who tried to pick a dwarfs pockets...I've never seen anyone drop so fast from a throwing axe.

Dude, if you're dead...Come to DaggerDale...I promise I won't kill you! ;)

16. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    *sigh* Maybe I'll do that. I'm a little upset that I wandered around alone for quite a while and then when I finally run across a live person hoping for a little fun I just get randomly killed in one swing because of a critical hit with no better reason than "Sorry, I'm evil and poor".

I'm kinda soured on the whole thing right now, so adventuring with a good group of people may be what I need...

17. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] I would've brought it up with the DM...That seems to be against the ALFA charter. PKing should be dealt with brutally...There are plenty of monsters to kill you, you shouldn't have to worry about other players.

That doesn't even sound like good roleplaying...At least he could have said: "Your money or your life!"

18. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Well, I let the DM know so if this guy was doing this a lot the authorities could pick him up (or if he turns out to be a griefer), but I'm not going to complain formally since he said he was evil and a follower of a death god.

But I'd have thought ALFA players would have a little more consideration for their fellow players' fun and not just their own. It was just such a crappy reason to kill me; and after I helped him out, and we were just chatting... bah!

19. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] That's definitely cheesy...If you go back on that server, just find him again...Kill him, and say: Rumor had it you were a follower of Death! Well, now you get to meet him!

Seriously though, you should play in Daggerdale...We could meet up, and die in ALFA at the same time! :lol: ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.