1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ALFA going Live...Who's Ready?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Sir Belisarius, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Good to hear...My paladin lies dead in the COnstable's Tower. So, enter my new character...Rem Stoneybrook!

He's a plucky rogue with a much rougher edge than old Nimbul. He's quick to fight, and to scavenge...He's even doing a little merchant work on the side...

*** I met up with BTA over the weekend...But my game crashed...When I returned, he was gone...Sniff, sniff. See you in game soon! ***

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    We waited for Rem quite a while, but then figured he must've gotten lost somewhere. So they sold the loot they had acquired (I hadn't picked up anything) and distributed it among the three of us (a whopping 10 gp), and then decided to call it a night.

It was fun while it lasted! No single melee enemy is a match for our circle of four bowmen! :lol:

3. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] That was definitely THE funniest thing I've ever seen! The Dance of the Bowmen... :lol:

4. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Well if anybody ever gets over to TVS, Olvia the wanna-be halfling bard has survived her 5th adventure. She may be stuck in Belisk(sp?), the halfling village, until she can find someone to get back to Thunderstone or Hutail with but she's shaping up and realizing that she can do magic.

5. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Cool! Well, my little halfling rogue, Rem Stoneybrook made it to level 2 last night, in yet another installment of DM induced carnage!!

The dwarves in Daggerdale decided to reclaim a mine where Duergar currently reside! So a group of enthusiastic (if not necessarily experienced) adventures set out to accomplish the task. Let me first say that group of at least 25 went into the mines...Fewer than 12 made it back to Dagger Falls the following morning.

Although the deaths of so many adventurers may seem tragic, the party actually seemed to grow stronger as we went deeper into the mines. One of those: "the wheat rises above the chaff kind of things." We did not take our first casualties until we entered the 2 level...The home of the gray dwarves!

Our first party death was a young mage who decided to play scout. He stumbled into the first group of Duergar we encountered: 2 warriors, a rogue and a mage. Needless to say, he died instantly and horribly! A hard fight ensued, with our party coming out on top.

Unknown to us, another mage was just outside the room in a bend in the mine shaft. 4 more overzealous adventurers jumped ahead of our scouts, and were vaporized when the Duergar mage unleashed a fireball! He was fairly easy to kill, had the group not rushed ahead...Yet 5 of our number lay dead. At the sight of this carnage, 4 party members decided to flee the mines altogether (we found 2 of their bodies on the way back to Daggerdale!).

We continued to sweep the mining areas, killing every gray dwarf in sight! Miners, rogues, warriors, clerics and mages fell to our swords. We lost a few others along the way, but the remaining party members began to work in concert against the gray dwarves.

In our time in the mine, we also encountered and slew a few giant Hook Horrors and Umber Hulks, that towered above the party. Only excellent tactics saved the remaining party members. But even with our growing battle prowess, we knew we could not continue deeper without resupplying our party, and recruiting other to aid our cause.

We picked up our dead, and limped back to Dagger Falls. Our leader, Falin the Dwarf was dejected, but we vowed to return with him to complete the cleansing of the mines. On a positive note, we did find 2 more clues to the secret of Darksteel, which has further strengthened the resolve of our party.

We laid our dead to rest at the Temple of Lathander, and dragged our weary feet to the nearest inn for a well deserved rest.

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Man! I keep missing out on the good stuff! How do you have so much time on your hands Bel? :) I almost logged on last night since I had the time, but then I didn't want to miss two new episodes of Enterprise... :)

7. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] I heard them from the background.

As for the free time. I go to work very early (I'm in by 7am, and gone by 3:30), go to the gym, then I logged in to ALFA around 6 or 7 pm EST. PLus, the whole single and unattached thing makes it easier to waste my life in front of a computer!

8. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Darn it all, NWN won't even ship for another couple weeks! Sounds like a terrible lot of fun... I'd best be getting my app in to ALFA very soon (no telling how long it'll take :aww: ).

9. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Sounds like you're having a great time on DD :) I haven't had much time to log onto ALFA lately (I'm on Arabel now with a new character after Cynedra bought it). As for Sir Bel's exploits, all I can say is tactics, tactics, tactics ;) They'll keep you alive a long, long time.

10. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Having got to 2nd lvl, Gwaeron has left Daggerdale and arrived in Arabel. Who are you Gnolyn? Just got sick of losing 500xp to the numerous crashes DD seems to be suffering of late. Witnessed several crash -deaths where when server comes up again PC is surrounded by monsters and is cut down immediately - not fun!

11. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Yes...Lag/crash deaths are definitely a concern, not to mention item loss. I went on the darksteel quest Wednesday night and found a suit piece of Zhent leather armor for my rogue...But just as I found it, the server crashed before I could log it in...SO I lost it! Bad luck!

And last night...I killed a drow pc. The silly bugger drew a greataxe on me, so I had to take him down! I surrendered to the authorities, but was let go...It is only a drow, after all. ;)

12. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

My character on Arabel is a gnome named Gnevin. Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to play in the last couple of weeks so lil' Gnevin hasn't been around too much :(

P.S. Sprite intends on playing a gnome named Raelin.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.