1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Erran, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Progress report:

We have about 100 'full size' areas up now (it takes 45 mins to walk from Phlan City to the north border!) Plus we hope to be connected to Arabel (!) by land and Scardale by sea. Good news for those who wanted to visit the Dales! They'll be a 20 min sail away.

Now, all this building in 6 weeks probably means some errors have crept in. If you find e.g. you cannot get from area P123456 heading east, send me a PM here at SP. Note: There is a known Bioware bug that makes long thin transitions hard to find, so run up and down the borders a bit before you give up ;)

More general questions you can raise here, e.g "Should I be able to rest in the Town Hall corridor?"

OK, our mighty QA team, sharpen your pencils, only a week to go! Don't forget its HCR rules, not NWN rules, so if potions are more expensive and you can't respawn, that's not a bug, that's Alfa life!

[ August 26, 2002, 10:03: Message edited by: Erran ]

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Cool! Can't wait! Too bad my remaining exams all start in September, so I won't be able to play till the 15th or so. :wail:

3. Relic Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

This is looking good. Thanks for that little tour Erran, sorry I had to leave early. I will be logging on Sunday night, probably around 8:00 PST, if anyone is around that time. Is the server going to be up 24/7 for the beta Erran?

4. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

20 minute boat ride ... does that mean that it takes 20 min in RL?

During that time, do we get to interact with people on a ship screen, or is that the perfect time to take the dog for a walk?

Also, are you scripting random encounters to happen while traveling (like in BG2) so that I could get ambushed by a Krakken (or a dozen nubile mermaids) while on that boat ride?

5. Erran Gems: 19/31

Check your Faerun map, that's a tenday sail so 20 RL mins is cheap. Your choice, you can have a coffee or stay with it. You can go below and interact with a travelling merchant.

No sea monsters in NWN and the sea is not walkmesh. If you remember in BG flying creatures had to cross rivers on bridges, same as PCs. Someone may script it someday, but it's a major hack of the engine.

Ship to ship pirate battles should be do-able.

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Erran - I'm stuck in V Crypt 004. The transition out doesn't do anything. Was it accidentally set for the crypt rather than outside? When I click on it, my character runs up to the transition and then just turns around and stands there.

7. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Erran: A possible bug...After you left me out in the Wild, I tried to enter the woods. The place I entered never opens. The area loads, but never opens, then it disconnects me.

The area number I was trying to enter is: Q096078...If that helps!

Anything you can do about it? Can you move my character to the last area before the one I am entering?

[ September 04, 2002, 03:37: Message edited by: Sir Belisarius ]

8. Catadromous Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Erran, when you buy the lantern and you equip it, all your character holds up is a bag. the light is there, but the lantern is not.

9. Cullain Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Possibly a bug: I was in the laughing goblin, talked to the waitress. Left, went to the adventurers guild. And the waitress showed up in the guildhouse.

Cullain

10. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Cata: may not be a bug, this is a made up item in the HCR.

Cullain: did you order a beer? our waitresses are VERY dedicated. One followed a customer into the sewers to deliver his pint! :D

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Erran - Last night there seemed to be a problem with your server and the vault server. I created a new character and started playing. I met someone who asked if there was a problem with your server and the vault server because her characters didn't show up when she logged on, but they did show up on other servers. I told her I didn't know since I just started with a new character.

I adventured a little and then went to the Adventurer's Guild to buy and sell some equipment, and of course I have that inventory freeze bug that hangs my game. So I restart, and my character doesn't show up for me to pick. So I recreate him and start to play. Well, I end up in the Guild at the exact spot my character was before, but he's a new character instead of the one that had a few XP and a Skeleton knuckle...

So it seems that the characters are saved somewhere, but they're not showing up when we log on to your server...

[ September 18, 2002, 16:55: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

12. feldrol Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

This afternoon I created a character in the sword mountains. I disconnected and wanted to connect to Phlan server. This character was unavailable, so I created another one. (I waited 5 min. to be sure he would not show up) Tonight both appear on the vault server.

But when I tried to use the character created in the sword mountains, at first everything went as usual , he appeared just outside Phlan, but a fragment of a second later I had the gray screen of zone transition. He reapeared in the sword mountains, arrival zone.

[ September 19, 2002, 17:48: Message edited by: feldrol ]

13. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] I dont think this is a bug, this is what is supposed to happen. The Sword mounntains are not near to Phlan so you should not be able to log out of one and into the other. That is what the ALFA pass does. The Beta trick is to drop your Sword Mountain pass before you try to join Phlan, then you are accepted as a 'stateless refugee'. When we go live the passes will not be dropable.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.