1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A few questions about mods

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Neeraj the Freak Paladin, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] 1) I downloaded Quest Pack, but when I tried installing it, it said that there are some Errors, and it didn't let me install some of the features (like tougher bosses, area improvements).....any suggestions on what I can do?

2) I downloaded Unfinished Business, but it wouldn't let me install some features as well.

3) Can someone tell me how to make screenshots, or better yet, tape the intro movie to BG2, so that I can put it to my myspace account, via youtube? (I want to show my g/f, who is in the States, why I like this game so much!)

Thanks!

[ August 15, 2006, 00:59: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Do you have the patches and whatnot?

As for screenshots, press Print Screen on your keyboard, open Paint->File->New and paste onto the open paint document.

3. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31

Holy!!! It worked like a charm!! Thanks alot man! I think I'm going to be addicted to making screenshots now!

As for QuestPack, I tried it again, and it prompted me to email SimDing0, so I did.

Thanks alot Keumper!

I just need to know (1) how to film the intro, and (2) how to install Unfinished Business from PPG....its giving me a bit of trouble!

4. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Strange, when I push PrintScreen, my shot is instantly captured, and stored under 'ScreenShots' in my BG2 folder, I have tons of screenshots duped in there. Is this a ToB only feature?

5. Argohir Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

No, it isn't a ToB only feature. I have vanilla BG2 and I have screenshots in D:bad:Black Isle\BGII - SoA\ScrnShot

6. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31

I've also installed a mod from here (SP) wherein there is someone named Bion that I can meet in Waukeen's Promenade, and he'll send me to a store with new items.

I'm not sure if I've correctly installed that mod, so

1) can someone please tell me how to install it correctly (that I may know if I did it right)?

2) Where in the Promenade can I find this Bion?

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31

1. General installation order is - SoA, ToB, ToB patch, Baldurdash (if needed), any non-WeiDu mods, WeiDu mods.

2. Bion the imp is south of the circus tent near the snake cage.

8. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

And a little note that you probably won't find Bion there unless you start a new game. You have to have not been to the Promenade yet for him to show up, which means it will only affect a save in ID or a new game.

9. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

No, you should be O.K. to find Bion even if you haven't started a new game. Adding .cre's to a location is pretty straightforward; it's other stuff that causes problems. But with Taluntain tucked away on his own plane (in the mod!) olimikrig got round most of them.

10. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31

[​IMG] Fel, silly me installed the mod before leaving Chateau Irenicus, but then I re-installed it, just for the 'make sure I did it good!' sake! :lol:

Can't find Bion, and I don't know how to use the .cre

I also don't know where to find/install dialog.tlk for the Unfinished Business mod! :D

But Joluv certainly has much better (and affordable items) than he did the last time I saw him!

11. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31

[​IMG] Bump!

I have a couple more questions!

1st, I want to install

a) Improved Anarg (from the SP MOds here, in Subsection 1)

b) Improved Firkraag (again from subsection 1)

c) some of the item mods in subsection 2

My questions are:

-Do I put them in the override folder, or do I just let them be in the normal SoA folder with all the Wiedu Mods?

-Will the Anarg mod and the item mods still work (namely, the mod that sells bard stuff), even though I've already been to the Bridge District (but haven't yet initiated the Fallen Paladins quest)?

Thanks!

Edit:

Also, can anyone tell me where to get the dialong.tlk file? I need that to install the UB mod!

12. Felinoid

Readmes exist for a purpose. Read them and thou shalt be enlightened.
    The dialog.tlk file in your base SoA folder. If you didn't have it, the game just plain wouldn't play. I don't know what problem UB is having, but the way to install WeiDU mods (of which UB is one) is to extract the files to the base SoA folder (some will go into folders, but that's how it's supposed to work), and then run the new executable (*.EXE), which will install the mod. If it's saying it can't find the dialog.tlk file despite doing it like this, you should contact UB's creators over at PPG.

13. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31

Oh! Theres the dialog.tlk file! :rolling: I see it now!

But the Firkraag mod (from the SP BG2:SoA Mods Section #1) didn't come with a readme Fel! :help:

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  15. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31

Hey everyone again!

Can someone please tell me the recommended way how to extract RAR files? I'm new to it!

16. Felinoid

17. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31

Thanks Fel!

I'm now in RAR heaven! I goin straight to the SP mod section now!!

Thanks alot Fel! :D

Edit:

I have my dialog.tlk file in the general BG2:SOA folder (with everything else)....I tried downloading the portrait mod (in Subsection 1 here on SP), but it won't extract because it says it can't find my dialog.tlk file, even though its right there!

Should I create a specific folder for my dialog.tlk file, or something else?

[ August 20, 2006, 02:38: Message edited by: Neeraj the Freak Paladin ]

18. Felinoid

Never. Seriously. Don't mess with where the game files are.

As for your problem, are you trying to run the EXE from within the RAR file? If so, it's no wonder it can't find the dialog.tlk file; it's not in there with it. So I'll give you step-by-step instructions to install all WeiDU mods (non-WeiDU mods will have separate instructions in their readme) to make sure you're doing this right.

1) Open the RAR or ZIP folder using WinRAR (or WinZip for a Zip file if you don't have WinRAR).
    2) Select ALL the files (and folders) within the the RAR/ZIP file and look for a button on the WinRAR/WinZip toolbar that is titled 'Extract'.
    3) Extract all the files into your base BG2 folder (example: C:bad:Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA).
    4) Run the new EXE file now in your base BG2 folder. (Running the one still in the RAR file will only return an error.)

19. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31

I did it like you said and it works! :cool:

I feel kinda silly asking all these questions, but thats what this site is for, right?

I got a few more questions!

1) For the imprisonment mod (found here http://dragonshoard.blackwyrmlair.net/download.php ), do I just put all the files in my override folder?

2) For the Anarg mod (found in the SP BG2 subsection 1), I put the cre file in override, but it said something about BGTools for the helmet....can someone explain that thing to me? I really just installed that mod for the helmet! :p

3) Using the instructions by Fel, I successfully installed Shadows over Soubar (the 67MB one found here http://dragonshoard.blackwyrmlair.net/download.php )!

While I'm currently doing Nalia's quest, should I already install one of the patches listed below that mod?

Edit: I fixed the links! ;)

[ August 20, 2006, 09:46: Message edited by: Neeraj the Freak Paladin ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.