1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Death on the Snowfield - Katana asskickery

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Deathmage, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I listen to the Death on the Snowfield music track a lot. Seeing as this story describes it perfectly, it's only natural for me to name it that...

Why Aikanaro, you ask...?

<Deathmage> Character names?
    <Aikanaro> Eeeek! Character names!
    <Deathmage> I'll name him Aikanaro
    <Deathmage> Because, well...why not
    <Deathmage> Only a spin-off katana battle scene anyways
    <Aikanaro> Right, now I know he's screwed...
    <Deathmage> > :D
    <Deathmage> You can wear a badass leather trenchcoat! And have a katana! And have black gloves!
    <Deathmage> And have white hair! Because white hair is cool and stuff!
    <Aikanaro> Yay!
    <Deathmage> Yay!

I wrote this because I was inspired by Shura's katana scene to write my own brand of asskickery. Anyways...

Mucho feedback/comments/katana asskickery appreciated.

Aikanaro was walking along a thick path admist the woods, outlined only by shrubbery and bushes. The path was thick with snow, and a slight breeze swept across the forest, causing the snow to fly up lightly.

He was clad purely in black. A black coat, black gloves... and a black sheathed sword, which he was carrying in his left hand.

He paused.

The faint shuffling of snow was approaching. His persuers drew near. From behind the trees, several men holding an assortment of weapons appeared and drew closer, encircling him.

Aikanaro glared at them.

"Drop your sword." one of them, clearly the leader, said. He too had a sheathed sword, and a trembling hand laid on the handle.

Aikanaro smirked. He threw his sheathed sword into the air. When it came down, he grabbed it in a downwards motion and, with devasating ease, drew the sword. There was a flash of white. A drop of red. And suddenly he was facing another way, slightly crouched, the wind gently blowing away droplets of blood on his katana. The leader was on the ground with a single cut on his neck.

He rose. A spear was thrust at his direction. A half turn. A cut. The spear was sliced in half, and Aikanaro kicked at the half that's still being held. It twirled into the air. Aikanaro raised his katana and swung the blunt side into the end of the stick. It shot into its previous owner's throat. Another flash of red.

Aikanaro swung the sword back. It deflected a blade, seemingly just in time, with a sharp twang. He ducked. A halberd flew over his head. An uppercut swing. Another deflection. He became the epitome of grace as he fought on, deflecting and evading every attack with increasing speed, until -

A sharp, diagonal cut. The very tip of the sword swung through the air with impossible speed, and contacted with another throat. Two more down.

The halberd swinger, as well as three more men, engaged Aikanaro again. Smiling, he sheathed his sword. He dodged attacks with ease, as well as occasionally attacking but never contacting weapons with his sheathed sword. Seeing a hole in the enemy defence, he threw his still sheathed sword up into the air.

Aikanaro dived between two blades, and then rolled...

The sword flew up into the air...

He got up and ran, as a large mace swung into the ground behind him...

The sword reached its zenith...

Aikanaro ran forth, leaving barely any marks in the snow as he ran straight up a tree...

The sword began its descent...

Aikanaro kicked from the tree, sending him backflipping through the air. He seized his sword and, with one quick motion, drew his sword. He landed in the snow silently, rose from his crouch, and raised his katana.

Aikanaro ran forwards just as his enemies began to turn around. He raised his katana sharply, neatly leaving a mark barely a hair's width on his opponent's neck. Using the sword's momentum, he spun around, changed the blade's direction, and swung upwards. The blade caught an opponent's spear -

- with its flat end -

- and sent the spear twirling into the air. Aikanaro swiftly rotated the katana, resulting in a thin line of red from his foe's chest to forehead. He caught the spear on the way down as a sword and a warhammer was swung towards him. He lowered his sword. He swung diagonally upwards as he leapt forth.

The blade caught the chest of the hammer wielder, and was framed inside it. Seizing an oppertunity, Aikanaro's final opponent sprinted forth, hoping to finish him off.

Aikanaro lifted the spear. He used the end to knock the enemy's sword away, from the blunt side. Another bash to the face. He lifted his spear and twirled it several times, and then thrusted it into the enemy's chest, nailing him to the tree behind him.

Aikanaro surveyed the scene. The snow was as tranquil as ever, and snowflakes are gently falling, covering the fallen. The snow had droplets of blood scattered on it.

It was beautiful.

Aikanaro approached his sword. With a slight tug, he removed it from its cage, and sheathed it again after running his hand over it to wipe the blood off. He sighed, and carried on to his destination.

[ October 01, 2004, 08:31: Message edited by: Deathmage ]

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I like - very Shura reminiscent. Been missing my katana fix since he went off :grin:

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ehh, it was quite good, but I think a few more details within the fight would make it better. :rolling:

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

I found the hinting at details to be one of the strengths (of course, you know this, just repeating for the benefit of non-chatroom people). Instead of bogging down the speed and fluidity of the battle with description.

Having things implied rather than described helps with the flow :)

5. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I would like to say that the point of this exercise is to merely try to write a kickass battle scene. The Aikanaro is beside the point. In fact, everything else is beside the point.

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Katana-wierlding-maniac galore!

Good work, sweetcheeks :)

7. Lawless Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

This is as the title says "KATANA ASSKICKERY."
    Great fight

8. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Gotta love a bit of katana asskickery! Great work DM.

9. Amatorius Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Very slick. Although I must ask,
    Was there a particular reason for the thug's display of violence or were they your random evil robbers doing dastardly deeds while roaming the countryside? Katana ass-kickery is fine but A story behind it is nice too.

10. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Pfft. It would take time and effort to think up a story - like Deathmage would do that... :p

11. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Well, the concept was just that Katanaro (as he is now known) just wander around and beat the crap out of people, and I use all it to excuse writing slick katana scenes. :p

12. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Katana-wielding ass-kickery is good. Even when it's not Arabwel...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.