1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Shura's Saga help needed

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Hugo, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I need some help finding all the tales written by Shura can you people help me find all this by:
    1) Posting links to all stories featured on SP
    2) Posting links to any work NOT on SP
    3) Name the author name and book title of any novels you all have pushed him into writing :D

2. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Search? or maybe just e-mail him!

3. GI Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] 1. Set the topic view to "Show all topics" and look for them here.

2. I still keep his "Son of Strife" story (the prologue of Shura Saga), PM me your email address and I will send it to you (if you want).

:)

4. Zephyr Angel Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I was thinking that perhaps we should get Shura in again. The Creativity Surge has been kinda quiet without him. And I do love his bloody great works!

Especially the Follower of Saint Kallas saga! It Roxorsz!!

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Heh - good luck in that endeavour. I'm betting that he's gone for good. It would be a very Shura thing to do - actually leaving when he says he is.

However, I do agree to the muteness thing. But what can we do about it? Maybe a concentrated effort to add more content? Competition with some kind of reward? In-depth freeform roleplay/co-op story telling? Trying to convince non-pissed off people to return and write for us (Yerril, mayhap)? Take a NaNoWriMo approach and just all start writing madly without giving a damn for quality, and editing later?

So many possibilities...

6. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Competition for an avatar reward?
    We'd sure get quite a bit of stories, some of them good no doubt and it would perhaps persuade some people to write more (including myself).

freeform roleplay would most likey just turn up to be many people presenting their characters and that'd be it. Some other, more serious people would drive it further, but it'd no doubt be a chaos in the beginning without someone controling the whole thing, including post-delete and edit.

I agree we need something though!

7. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Anyone who feels like restarting the Story of the Stave née Staff, or something similiar would be welcomed by me. Though one person probably not going to change the 'muteness' as you put it lol.

Oh and on topic searching in the Creativity Surge Forum (using the search engine) along with Shura's member number (found in his profile) will produce all posts by Shura in Creativty Surge, which should produce all his works (all that are here anyway).

8. Valkyrie Gems: 7/31

The first is called 'Legend of Shura" and it's in the archives here. Just run a search. The second one, I think, is "From Darkness to Light and Back Again" and the third "Froged in Hell, Tempered in Blood"

Just type those titles in a search of the Creativity Surge archive, and you should get them.

9. Zephyr Angel Gems: 7/31

What's the reward for writing in again?
    :p

10. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Heh - anyone got any money to pay Tal for the use of an avatar as a prize? :p

How about a nation orientated roleplay? (such as Nationstates). Each player has their nation and controls everyone who is a part of it. The player can then take the role of individual people within the nation. It might eliminate character presentation syndrome - and what would it matter if someone died - you have a whole nation, and death adds to the story. And with story being the main focus of the game...

Failing that - how about a story in which the beginning and the end are predetermined, and everyone knows it. It's up to those involved to write the story into that ending, possibly within a certain number of posts.

Bwahahaha! Fear our off-topicness!

11. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Funny, I was thinking pretty much the same thing...

Cooperative stories are lots of fun, until they run out of gas ans leave you stranded with a head full of ideas and nowhere for them to go. :(

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Or how about a co-operative world building project? Then we could run RPs in it and set up stories in it and such. (Ah - hear them groan at the prospect of me trying to set up yet another one of those bloody things :p )

13. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Speaking of Shura, since I also live in Singapore (its really small) I can stalk him until he comes back.

14. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Erebus - he's more likely to stab you with his wooden katana than come back :p

15. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Story of the Staff has to get going again, it's too good and far too much fun to be abandoned unfinished.

16. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Maybe, I can always hold his roomate hostage though.

17. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

The Staff's been silent for what...... 6 months now? Will be a bit difficult to revive it. no?

18. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Srikanth, YOU were one of the people I had given up all hope of ever returning to Staff! If you've got an idea for kick-starting the story, feel free to jump in and start up a new thread. I don't think all that much happened since the last recap that a new summary will be terribly difficult.

/me promises to participate regularly in any revived Staff project, although I refuse to be the official nudge!

19. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I've been working my way through the staff (not finished yet though) and if revived I too will make additions frequently (I hope).
    But I'm too busy the coming week till 17/6, when my summer hols will start

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.