1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Exercice de Style

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Lady Luthien, Apr 17, 2004.

1. Lady Luthien Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Okay, a poem yet again :rolleyes: . Still, I hope it will be more fun to read than my other ones.
    I wrote it about a year ago to work on my deconstructivism (ahem...).

Go figure it out! :D

She brushed her hair away to see
    To sea, to sea! The boat has left.
    Or right, for sure, she didn’t know
    No! Surely it was to the left…

A bright seagull briskly flew by
    Flu bye, bye, she was healthy there
    Sea baths worked wonders, ocean air
    Of noble family adored her…

He was about to give the ring
    Ring, ring! The doorbell cast the sound
    And safe he was on arrival
    Who worshipped duels but was bound…

She played with shells, and thoughts, and rocks
    That she gave to her baby’s bed
    Ugly, evil memories that she sometimes had
    been hurting with a bad migraine…

2. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Unsettling to say the least.

The beggining reminds me of the little marabout de ficelle game:
    ...- marabout - bout de ficelle - selle de cheval - cheval de course - course à pied - pied à terre - terre de Feu... :hahaerr:

3. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Heh, very cool. :D

However, I think that if you start by using a strict and regular meter (and you do) it would do the poem well to keep that meter more or less intact throughout. For example:

"A bright seagull briskly flew by" could be changed to "A seagull bright flew briskly by", which lets you keep the iambic line. Oh, and nice alliteration there. :)

[relurk]

4. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I like it, it makes me happy for some strange reason...

It sounds like a cool song to sing while you're waiting on a shore!

5. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Very good, I liked it a lot.

There is a palpable rhythm and tempo to it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.