1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cosmos and Chaos (forum adventure)

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Oaz, Jan 26, 2003.

1. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

"Hmmm. Right. That ruby-capped rod. When I killed that fisherman, I left that behind for you to pick up. As far that commanding the Formians - well, that's certainly... interesting. What, are you proposing that we use that rod to command the Formians, so as to stop Harmony from being destroyed?"

(A side note: Formians are rust-red-colored, not grey.)

[ January 29, 2003, 03:20: Message edited by: C'Jakob ]

2. GreyCrow Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

(Uhh, sorry about that, my bad. Dreams are so hard to remember.)

CONTINUED STORY:

Sheth: " As of matter of fact, that is exactly what I am suggesting." " If I only knew how, and what I would have them do if it worked."

" Still, more questions asked then answers are recieved, Damn!, I can't think of anything else then this."

" Can you help me H'tleth?" "You must know more about the Rod then I, you yourself said that you left it for me."

A look of desperation to near hopelessness is appearing on Sheths face, also heared in his voice.

3. Oaz Gems: 29/31

The Slaad shrugs.

"I have no idea how to use it. But I find it odd that the Ants didn't attack you when you were asleep. On the other hand, I recall that they attacked you when you dropped the rod.

"So what now? Shall we just run up to Harmony and try to intervene then?"

[ January 30, 2003, 01:47: Message edited by: C'Jakob ]

4. GreyCrow Gems: 3/31

Sheth : " I know better then that, at least now I do."

"No there is not enough time, I have no choice but to try."

Envisioning what he exactly want's to happen, Sheth see's. He can see himself calling out to them, but without saying one word, Holding the Rod high above his head. He can see the Ants, the Formians Gather around the Cog that he is on, and feels that the only thing to do is to have them exterminate each other , to the very last one. "(Why can I only feel it, why can't I see it?)"

"There can be no doubt" he says out-loud, Holding up the Rod High in the air.

5. Oaz Gems: 29/31

The Ants on either side make no response. Instead, they only converge closer to Harmony. They begin to ready their weapons to begin killing each other.

"Brilliant," H'tleth mutters sarcastically. "What now?"

(To just tell you, GreyCrow, I feel that you're posting a bit more of the consequences of the story than necessary; leave that up to me. ;) )

6. GreyCrow Gems: 3/31

Sheth: "Wait a minute, H'tleth, how is it that you appear and disapper almost what seems like at will?" "Can you do it now? Can you take us to Harmony?"

7. Oaz Gems: 29/31

"I can take myself to Harmony."

8. GreyCrow Gems: 3/31

" Well that would not really help me out then, would it."

" I know that this infernal Rod has to be the key to this dilema, I just need to give it another try."

Sheth yells as loud as he can faceing the direction where the battle will soon start.
    He grips the Rod and yelss with all the strength of his lungs.

" STOP you Formians of order, hold your positions and listen to me. STOP!!!"

9. Oaz Gems: 29/31

The air is still, and the cogs themselves seem to stop and watch Sheth scream.

Then the Ants stop. They ready their weapons, and they charge toward each other with Harmony in the middle.

"Now the Chaos begins. And of in all places, Mechanus."

[ February 01, 2003, 04:45: Message edited by: C'Jakob ]

10. GreyCrow Gems: 3/31

"Well then, at least I tried, I guess there is nothing left to do then to see what might be happening."

Sheth says with a tone of understanding. Knowing that he should pay full attention to fully realize the importance of the ensuing chaos.

11. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Harmony flickers. It twists in agony. It burns.

And the edges of its cog begin bleeding. Like the blood that Angela vomited up this morning. Like the blood that trickled beneath the Wizard's door. Like the blood that stained Ikholian's shirt when H'tleth impaled him with his dirty-white claws.

Why is a cog bleeding? No, it's not blood. It's rust..

Rust begins coating the cog of Harmony at an alarming rate. In seconds, its edges have crumbled, and the cog breaks off violently from the others. It falls down into the lower parts of Mechanus, bringing Harmony, its denizens, and hundreds of Formians along with it.

12. GreyCrow Gems: 3/31

" The rust, the chaos, Why?"
    " What doe this mean H'tleth, what will happen to Mechanus?"

He says wondering if they should leave soon before something like that might happen to them.

13. Oaz Gems: 29/31

"I think it's obvious what's happened. Mechanus is being attacked by Chaos. The cogs are breaking, the Formians are killing each other. This place may very well fall apart in a matter of centuries, even decades. And I have a feeling that the very opposite of this is happening as we speak."

14. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Sheth looked up sharply. "Do you mean that somewhere the heart of Chaos is stagnating into order?"

15. Oaz Gems: 29/31

H'tleth nods as another cog snaps out of place in the Clockwork.

"That heart is Pandemonium. A place of freedom and chaos. And I think that you're right - Pandemonium is stagnating into Order."

16. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    "Hmmm... the only way we can help both ends simultaneously is to work outward from the middle. H'tleth, what plane is exactly halfway between Order and Chaos? Can you get us there?"

[ February 02, 2003, 05:04: Message edited by: Rallymama ]

17. Oaz Gems: 29/31

"A place called the Common Ground. But I should warn you - I don't travel between planes. And another thing: who said we were to be helping Mechanus and Pandemonium? Look, I just wanted to show you what was going on. If you want to find out who you are, I might, well, know somebody who might know something about you."

[ February 02, 2003, 22:53: Message edited by: C'Jakob ]

18. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    "I guess I got a bit ahead of myself. That's probably a better place to start," Sheth replied with a sheepish grin.

19. Oaz Gems: 29/31

H'tleth pauses and muses for a moment.

The cogs scream in silent agony again, as another piece breaks apart in the Clockwork.

"D'you have anything against conspiring with demons?"

20. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Sheth: "Demons, creatures of the Abyss, known for their treachery and deceit? Could not devils of Baator accomplish the same ends?"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.