1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stupid Ust'Natha

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Des'tari, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Des'tari Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

you know some times this game can be really stupid and i don't usually say that because i am not an uber overlord power gamer. I just don't have the skill. but near end of the Ust'Natha part of the game where you have to get the dragon eggs they tell you be stealthy and subtle. So I try to do that using Imoen to sneakily open the door and get the eggs but unfortunaley shes not that good at hiding shadows and the invisibility potions i have completley dispel once you make an action thus exposing you. So i hide again to see if i coul sneak out but no the door gaurds see me and hostiles the whole city. I kept trying and trying and trying to get the eggs steathily lke the game suggests. finally i give up and just go the the door gaurds and kill them. nobody goes hostile. Stupie F*ing Ust'Natha

2. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Well Imoen is the games suckyest thief. And dont settle for just killing the guards, I usualy kill the whole city.

3. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    the solution is actually pretty easy. Take ALL of your party up to the door. Make sure that they are all totally out of sight of all drow bar the door guards. Then, open the door. Quickly kill the door guards, when they turn hostile. If they are both dead, whilst you are still out of sigt of any other drow, then you willnot turn the city hostile.

Hope this helps.

4. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Wondered that myself. Just kill the door guards right away, open the door, sneak in and replace the eggs, then take a gulb and hike for it. Quest done, and only the golems turn hostile.

Baldurdash Fixpack, IIRC, fixes this issue of the door guards turning the whole city hostile if you sneak in without killing them.

5. Des'tari Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Thanks Whire.

[ July 18, 2004, 04:27: Message edited by: Des'tari ]

6. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Sanctuary works as well - just make sure you're very, very quick. Aerie's perfect for the egg steal (with something to boost her strength) - keep everyone else at the entrance to the temple and walk her up to the guards. Sanctuary gets you in, and when it's running low, cast Invisibility and run like crazy.

7. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Yea, Sanctuary on Aerie works perfectly. Just give her the Boots of Speed or Haste her, and give her the strength boosting items (Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Girdle of Frost Giant Strength, potions of the same, etc.) and you are in and out in a jiffy.

/me likes this Quick Reply option

8. ShaineCoradara Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG]
    correction: Nalia is the suckiest :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.