1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

If there was a Film...

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Sir Dargorn, Jan 7, 2003.

1. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I can't understand how can people stil suggest Halle Berry to play Viconia... So again:

1) She's definitely not her type
    2) Being black and having white hair in one movie doesn't qualify one to play drow.
    3) Drow females are heavier-built than males, so keep this in mind.
    4) She's not... ah... lascive (?sorry native speakers?) enough

P.S. My suggestion would be Jeri Ryan(?) (Seven of Nine from Star trek). I admit that this could be because she acted similar character in the series, but she is quite fiting anyway.

BTW I think BG movie should take an example from LotR, which utilized potential of rather unknown actors, who were not asociated with blockbusters and such crap...

2. Alaeila Harktree Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I haven't played enough of BGII to really get to 'know' all of the charries, but figgered I'd put in my two cents anyway. :p

What about Brad Dourif? (However it's spelled) He'd make a good baddie, specially seeing as he's always typecast as one anyway. I don't know which one he could play, but I was kinda surprised no ones brought up his name yet. (or maybe they did and I just missed it! :o ) And I agree on the Jennifer Garner playing Imoen bit. I play a lot of BG and she'd be good for that. Willem Dafoe, if he was a little younger could probably pull off the Paladin of Helm...I just blanked on his name (like I said, I don't play a lot of BGII)...isn't it Anomen? *shrugs* Ehh, maybe I should go play BGII...hehe...

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Vin Diesel is a definite for Sarevok. No doubt of THAT....

As for Edwinl, how about Joe Pantoliano, that is if he grows some hair... That guy is awesome and could definitely do the snarky stuff. :)

Orlando as Haer'Dalis, i can agree to. :)

Others... no idea for now.

but Liv as Viconia? :eek: Oh my.

4. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I am just stuck on Vin Diesel as sarevok. Gimme the movie Now, Now. Now!!! Huuuuhray for Beren for mentioning it first in this thread. Packs up his Fanbooks and Videocamera. Who is going with me to hollywood, people? I promise you we'll come by Orlando, Ara :spin:

Anyway I would appreciate Keldorn as George Clooney. Scroll down to Keldorn. Now Who can't see the similarities? Even more alike than Rutger Haur. And to top everything off, Clooney always plays with style and etiquette. Always. And he is the personification of handsome. And the right age. C'mon Keldorn has a strenght of 17 and constitution of 17. Dennis Hopper? Sean Connery? Christopher Lee? Keep it real man. Keldorn is a strong proud vigilant paladin in his veteran adventuring years around 45-55. Like Clooney. Not 70-80-ish cracking up physically. Everything fits like a glove with Clooney. I won't complain if the role goes to Harrison Ford either, who might play a little more relaxed, unactioned and subtle Keldorn.

[ June 18, 2003, 17:24: Message edited by: Nobleman ]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
  5. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

In my fantasies, Jennifer Garner is *not* my sister!
    'nuf said!

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Billy Zane as MInsc?!?!? Are you on crack? He's a scrawny little punk!

The best cast I've seen for Minsc would be a guy named Joe Montana. No, not the football player. This Joe Montana played Achilles in the TV version of "Helen of Troy" on the USA Network aired a month or two ago.

Put a purple tattoo on his head...And he IS Minsc!

Here's a link to a pic of him...It's about midway down the page on the right:

http://www.genreonline.net/Helen_Of_Troy_USA.html

7. Alaeila Harktree Gems: 1/31

Wow, no kidding...the costume's almost right too! :p

8. kukec Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

which acter would play Gorion or Elminster?
    Too bad that that dude who play in Xena god of war - Ares - is dead otherwise he could be Valygar (he's white but who cares?)
    Winona Ryder for Bodhi ? ROFL!

9. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

i agree with belsarius, if you slap a purple tatoo on that guy u couldnt tell the difference b/w him and minsc

10. kukec Gems: 3/31

Bruce Payne(Dungeons&Dragons,Matrix 2)would nicely fit in as Sarevok(depends of his constituion) or Irenicus(depends of his evil face :evil: )

[ July 06, 2003, 14:33: Message edited by: kukec ]

11. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Was Bruce Payne that guy in the D&D movie who was the bodyguard with the demented face??

If so, I could see him play both (hey, Mike Myers played Austin Powers, Dr. Evil and Fat Bastard in Austin Powers 2 and 3)

However I dont think that it matters too much who plays Irenicus as he looks like he is just wearing a mask anyway.

If a Baldur's Gate movie was made, what about it being computer generated (is that what it is called???) like Shrek or FF

12. kukec Gems: 3/31

Yes that could be done but in any case movie charachters need voices.
    And Bruce Payne(yes he played as Damodar, bodyguard of that evil mage Profion) have awesome voice for Sarevok.
    :evil:

13. Agent Sydney Bristow Gems: 1/31

Jaheria:Jennifer Garner (she might be a tiny bit young, but from her "aliases" on Alias she could do a damn good job)
    Anomen: hard... not sure
    Minsc: Arnold all the way
    Keldorn: Harrison Ford
    Imoen: Alyson Hannigan (just look at Buffy and American Pie)
    Irenicus: Patrick Stewart would be good
    Aerie: thats a hard one...
    Viconia: Hallie Barry
    Edwin: Pacino
    Korgan:sorry but John would be good too
    Nalia: Debra Messing or Drew
    Yosimo: Chow Young Fat
    Haer'Dalis: Orlando
    Bodi: Helma whatever her name is
    Main character (assuming it would be male like most action stars are...): Michael Vartan or, may seem cliche, but Viggo did a damn good job in LotR

14. the assassin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

People....remember that not ALL characters will appear in the movie (if there was one)
    Youd probably only choose the important characters (i.e. Imoen, Minsc and Jaheira (just cause, from BG1)) Presumably, since the main character would be good, you most likely wouldnt put Korgan or other evil character party members. So, basically, you dont have to plan ALL the characters.....

15. Agent Sydney Bristow Gems: 1/31

Yeah, we know they'd have to change it (personally I don't think I would enjoy I movie version, there are just too many elements that would be left out) but its just fun to think about!

16. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Thanks Nobleman! :)

Some of Vin Deisel's macho roles (XXX, Fast and the Furious) don't seem to have that much resemblance to Sarevok. However, Foradasthar was on point. It was precisely because of his role in Pitch Black that I thought he would make a great Sarevok. That role was pure, gritty survival against overwhelming odds.

KELDORN
    A lot of people have recommended Sean Connery. To clarify, the only reason I didn't do the same was precisely because of the age issue. And yes, that's still my opinion even after watching League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Back when the Rock came out, Connery would have been perfect for Keldorn.

Now for the role that's closest to my heart ...

JAHEIRA
    I've seen some recent pictures of Joanna Pacula. It then occurred to me that she's now almost 50. Don't get me wrong, she still looks great for her age. But sadly, she's no longer Jaheira material. 20 or even 15 years ago, Pacula would have been tailor made for the role of Jaheira. Her face has a definite elfin quality, and the hair colour is just right. Being Polish-born and yet having lived in America since 1981, the accent is perfect as well. She's also done well in various "strong woman of action" roles in films such as Virus, Escape from Sobibor, and Deep Red.

But, the reins will have to handed to somebody else. Hmmm ...

I'll go out on a limb here and suggest Kristanna Loken. Apparently, she's blonde. In T3, I thought her hair was definitely light-brown variety. She also totally convinced me as someone truly capable of beating Arnie to a pulp. It's true that she didn't get any opportunity to demonstrate a broader acting range. I'll have to see more of her work before I can say with 100% confidence that Jaheira is her role.

17. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Vin Diesel as Sarevok? C'mon! Sure he looks the role and could probably act it quite well, but I don't think he could even come close to sounding like him, which given that the voice acting was the most perceptible trait we had of the NPCs, I would find the lack of an at least somewhat similar voice to be the most damning of any shortcoming an actor might have for these roles.

On a similar note, what about Geoffrey Rush as Irenicus? He plays a great sadistic bastard (see Quills for a good example) and could probably pull off the voice as good as anyone could without going to David Warner himself. (Why has he been excluded again?)

18. Moo in techni-color Gems: 1/31

How about, whos going to be in the party? gonna limit it to six people? go all out? shrink it to 3 or 4? I'd like to see what people think about who should be in the 'main cast' and whos just gonna cameo?
    Also, what quests do you think would be in the movie? just the main one? that leaves alot of NPCs out already.
    Also, who here really thinks they could do BG2 justice in movie format without making it 4 hours long and still not getting it all in.. hmm?

[ July 13, 2004, 23:48: Message edited by: Moo in techni-color ]

19. Chevalier Mal Fet Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Actually, myself and some friends began several months ago to make plans for such a movie, just as an independent venture. We have no budget, but we have the tools and the imagination. We have been working on the script. As it stands, with no budget there is no way the film could ever do justice to the game itself. Even if we had some good actors.

Therefore, the idea we had was to adapt the storyline to a more modern setting, yet keep the fantasy element as much as possible. This could be interesting. Could be horrid. Could never get off the ground. Anyone have any thoughts on this idea?

20. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Ah, I still thrive at the mention of the idea. It's been, what, nearly 5 years and still no sign of a movie.

But then again, some of you might remember the book. I never read it, but I do remember the bad reviews and therefore blame Athens (the writer, not the city :D), and Athens alone for the lack of movies.

Damn him! :D

[Psst... it's Athans. -Tal]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2008
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.