1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

If there was a Film...

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Sir Dargorn, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Keldorn: David Morse (green mile, nagotiator)
    Uncle Quayle(sp): Morgan Freeman?
    Boo: 'Mr. Jingles' (Green Mile) It's a mouse, but so what?

(no time left...darn!)

2. Ythaniel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Well, there are a lot of great suggestions here. Though I do have a few names to add.

Haer'Dalis - Though Inigo Montoya (Mandy Patinkin) comes close, I prefer Carry Elwes. He's much suaver than Mandy Patinkin, essential for this role. Though Val Kilmer might cut it as well.

Imoen - Lori Petty, without a doubt. Sisterly and spunky.

Jaheira - Tough one! But I might have to go with Joanne Whalley who played Sorsha in that fantasy classic "Willow". She had just enough spunk for the role. Otherwise some relatively unknown Slavic talent to get a good accent.

Minsc - Arnold is a bad choice. He's just not a good enough actor for such a colorful character. However, I'm not sure I've ever seen someone in a film who's up to playing the amazing character put into Minsc by the original voice actor, except maybe Robin Williams, though he's simply too short. Gotta find some new talent for this role.

Yoshimo - Chow Yun Fat is too tall and stoic. Beat Takeshi to old and stoic. Dante Basco who played Rufio in "Hook" (thanks IMDB) was an excellent suggestion. However, I'd be curious to see a film with the Japanese actor mentioned earlier.... Post Mortem: Toshiro Mifune, if he could speak english.

Aerie - Another tough one, though I think Miranda Otto was by far the best suggestion so far. Maybe Emily Watson ("Gosford Park") or Gwyneth Paltrow or Michelle Pfeiffer.

Viconia - Angelina Jolie is the only living woman actor tough and seductive enough for this role that I know of. Though Aaliyah would've been better for the mere matter of skin color.

Korgan - I wonder if John Rhys Davies could be evil enough for the role... Nah, new talent.

Keldorn - The very first suggestion was the best. Rutger Hauer was an awesome suggestion. Just grizzled enough (see "Ladyhawk" for him in a similar role).

Anomen - Take your pick of brunette guys who look good in a goatee from any Soap Opera... I hate the way everyone slams the guy all the time, but he is, point of fact, a pretty run-of-the-mill character. Richard Gere fits too.

Valygar - How about Teal'c from Stargate:SG-1 with hair? Not so sure here. Wesley snipes is perhaps a bit too energetic for the role...

Jan Jansen - New talent probably. Not Warwick Davis. Though Billy Barty who played the High Aldwin in "Willow" would certainly have been amusing enough, if he were still alive.

Mazzy Fentan - New talent... Its hard to find someone of that stature who carries herself like a Paladin. Anna Paquin perhaps.

Cernd - ? Vigo Mortensen or Adam Beach (Pvt. Yahzee in "Windtalkers").

Sarevok - Was there any doubt? Billy Zane would be perfect for this part. (With some added muscle.) Ever seen "Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight."

Irenicus - My addendum to the list: Geoffrey Rush. Though I like most of the other suggestions a lot.

Elminster = Gandalf = Ian McKellan

Elliseme = Galadriel = Kate Blanchett

Bodhi - Carrie Anne Moss or Katie Holmes for lack of someone more evil.

Saemon Havarian - Christian Slater...looks roguish enough.

Hope I didn't miss anyone.

3. sirfrank Gems: 1/31

Irenicus - Frank Langella

Ok, what other investor wants to get this started?
    :)

4. Woody Woodrow Banned

Main Charecter (Human Fighter)-Colin Farrel or Viggo Mortenson
    Minsc-Vin Desiel, I mean a big bald guy with low intellegence
    Jaheira-Charisma Carpenter or Famke Janssen
    Keldorn-Sean Connery by miles over anybody else
    Aerie-Sarah Michelle Gellar maybe, or whoever played Eowyn
    Anomen-Ben Affleck
    Korgan-Gimli
    Irenicus-Christopher Walken (just for the evil factor)
    Imoen-Alysan Hannigan
    Bhodi-Eliza Hushku

5. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Cary Elwes (Westley from "The Princess Bride") as Saemon Havarian...perfect for him

6. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Minsc - Peter Stormare!!

He is wacky.(Armageddon and Minority Report) and can play russian despise his Swedish origin.(once again Armageddon and Minority Report)

7. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Wow, another topic back from the dead! But still, I somehow missed this the first time around. Just imagine the amount of money that would be needed for this payroll! :eek: I mean, sure, the movie would kick some royal ass, but all that money! :eek:

8. Damulak Gems: 1/31

Keldorn - Christopher Lee
    Jahiera - Nicole Kidman
    Aerie - just a thought Britney Spears... well maybe not
    Jan - Kenny Baker! (R2D2)
    Haer'dalis - Keanu Reeves
    Irenicus - Hugo Weaving
    Bodhi - CArrie Ann Moss
    Viconia - Halle Berry
    Nalia - Drew Barrymore
    Korgan - John Rhys Davies
    Edwin - Alan Rickman
    Yoshimo - Samuel L Jackson!
    Minsc - not a clue!
    Anomen - Russell Crowe

9. Woody Woodrow Banned

Whoa, how about this, Morgan Freeman and Valygar. That be perfect except for maybe the age thing, so then it would have to Samuel L. Jackson.

10. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

How about:

Minsc: Brendan Frasier (from the mummy)

Haer-Dalis: David Bowie

Valygar: Forrest Whitaker

Edwin: Michael Douglas (Alan Rickman sounds good too)

Irenicus: Ed Harris or William Sadler (from die hard II)

Jan: Christian Clavier ?

Viconia: the girl who played mystique (Robijn-Stamos???)

Elminster: Claude Rich

Aran Linvail: Pierce Brosnan

Yoshimo: Robin Shou (from Mortal Kombat)

Bohdi: Monica Belluci (or Aliyaah)

Jaheira: Lucy Liu

Nalia: Glen Close or Gwyneth Paltrow

Imoen: Audrey Tatou (from Amélie)

Havarian: Leonardo di Caprio

Sarevok: Morpheus (Matrix) or Imothep (mummy)

Keldorn: Liam Neeson (obviously)

Neeber: Mike Myers (yeah baby, yeah!)

Aerie: Calista Flockheart (who else?)

Anomen: I definitely don't want him in the movie.

That would cost some money.

11. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Here's mine (I may repeat who someone else suggested, but oh well). Assuming, of course, that actor budget and ego are no object. Mine are a little less well known, so I'll mention where you've seen them as well:

Irenicus: Brian Warner (the villain from Tron, and the actor who did Irenicus' voice acting for the game)
    Imoen: Jennifer Garner (hottie from Alias and Daredevil)
    Minsc: Schwarzenegger seems a good fit. If not, the big Icelandic hockeyplayer from "Mystery, Alaska."
    Jaheira: Catherine Zeta "$1.5 Million is chump-change to us" Jones
    Yoshimo: Bruce Locke (evil ninja robot in Robocop 3)
    Nalia: Drew Barrymore (duh)
    Anomen: Adrian Paul (McLeod of the Highlander TV show)
    Korgan: Dennis Franz (NYPD Blue)
    Keldorn: Everyone says Connery, but I'd go with Michael Ironside (Joker from Top Gun). George Clooney would be good, too (Ocean's 11).
    Aerie: Renee Zelwegger would work well I think. (Chicago)
    Mazzy: Naomi Watts (The Ring)
    Viconia: Geri Ryan, no contest (7of 9 from Star Trek Voyager)
    Valygar: Gary Dourdon (Christy in Alien Resurrection, also CSI)
    Haer D'alis: Johnny Depp (easy choice here)
    Jan: Joe Pesci would kick so much ass here it's not even funny.
    Cernd: I don't care...maybe Lou Diamond Phillips?
    Edwin: Edward Norton would RULE here (Fight Club, and several other awesome flicks). Also, Antonio Banderas (think Interview w/ a Vampire). He already has the accent pegged - pretty close, anyway..
    Sarevok: Michael Dorn (Worf from Star Trek: TNG)

[ May 28, 2003, 02:52: Message edited by: Death Rabbit ]

12. Bassilus Banned

Sarevok is NEVER Vin Diesel! Vin's a puff, Sarevok is awesome. Nuff said.

Here goes:

Viconia- Halle Berry
    Jan Jansen- Danny DeVito
    Irenicus- David Warner, u need that voice!
    Minsc- Schwartzeneggar, with Jim's voice
    Anomen- Val Kilmer can pull anyone off
    Keldorn- Sean Connery or George Clooney
    Yoshimo- whoever plays Izo in Blade Runner
    Nalia- Drew Barrymore
    Mazzy- Niobe from the Matrix Reloaded
    Korgan- John Ryes Davies
    Haer'Dalis- Orlando Bloom
    Edwin- Alan Cumming for the accent???
    Jaheira- Isabella Scorupco (contrary to the game, she'd be HOT, but oh well)
    Montaron- Tommy Lee Jones, look at his FACE!!!
    Coran- Mike Meyers, look at the face
    Ajantis- Brad Pitt, anyone?
    Sarevok- Shaq
    Elminster- Ian Mckellan
    Drizzt- The dude who played Captain Pellew on Hornblower
    Noober- Adrian Rayment
    Neeber- Neil Rayment

My divine wisdom will return later...

[ToB NPCs removed. Please go read the forum description where it is stated clearly that no ToB content is to be discussed in here.] -Tal

[ May 28, 2003, 21:29: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

13. spoogemonkey Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I think Pink could play Bohdi!

14. Bassilus Banned

HELL YEAH!!!

Geoffrey Rush needs a part, doesn't he...

RENAL BLOODSCALP WITH A FRENCH ACCENT!!! :p

15. Charly3 Gems: 1/31

The PC has to be very young (in their teens), and perhaps (as he has been bought up by wise men), schooled in the arts.

He doesnt have to be to good at them, perhaps after Gorion get whacked, and he runs away, he gets ambushed by some hob-gob mercs. After getting slapped about a bit, he manages to grab a sword, and despatches all of them without blinking an eye.

This shocks him (think about the scene in Total Recall), and he is haunted by this, but he discovers his true calling.

He (or she) would have to be human, as the central charater would have to display the vunerabilites to come with that, and perhaps be sicked by violence, despite being very good at it.

[ June 01, 2003, 14:47: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

16. Bassilus Banned

[​IMG] Why human? Frodo does fine, I should think.

Regardless, a magae would be more likely: Gorion would have most likely taught his protege magic.

17. Charly3 Gems: 1/31

I think it would be difficult to dramatise magic. If this film (I think a mini-series ould be better) is to succeed, there has to be a strong character element to it. Halflings have been done, and they are quite human anyway. People have to relate to the characters, and they have to be vunerable - to keep you on the edge of your seat, not super-human (Take Ripley in Alien 1+2, and compare to Alien 4).

LoTR has many wizards, but they dont actually use magic on many occasions throughout the book. This helps tokeep an element of mystique (and the budget low in the film :) )

And sword fights are fun to watch.

PC v Sarevok would'nt be much fun otherwise

18. Nelderon Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Great choice for Haer'Dalis! Johnny Depp would really fit that role. Quite thoughtful and melancholic stare plus this guy can play any kind of role. Haer' Dalis would be a quite demanding one, and Depp could really fit in it...

19. Korsel Gems: 1/31

'kay, I've skipped most of this thread, but just responding to the "Halle Berry as Viconia" bit--
    Drow elves, I believe, are supposed to have actual *black* skin, not the kinda brown-shading-into-really-dark-brown that we ordinary humans 've got. So if they (the makers of this theoretical film) wanted to maintain integrity, surely they'd have to do some weird skin pigmentation altery thing anyway.
    Uh, I think. I probably sound pretty stupid right here.

20. Terror Toilet Gems: 1/31

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.