1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

If there was a Film...

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Sir Dargorn, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

It hasn't been long since the last time Sean Connery played a role in a film. But you're right in that he'd be hard pressed to do any nice-looking combat. Keldorn is a pretty good fighter afterall. Sean Bean is not good for this one though, as it requires an older person. Harrison Ford wouldn't be bad.

And Hugh Jackman as Anomen? Come on, Jackman is way too charismatic to be Anomen. I'm telling you, we need Richard Gere or Hugh Grant for that part. Or that guy from the Friends... same who played the part of that very annoying Sobel guy in the short war-series by Steven Spielberg. I mean, there's an annoying wussy right there. With some acting abilities even. Anomen cannot be played by someone who's obviously too powerful a person for the role. Sean Bean might also make it, since he has this strange habit of acting so nervous on every one of his parts and easily making his role very emotional. Might actually fit Anomen, since Bean could probably raise Anomen to a mugh higher, though believable status.

Gary Oldman as Irenicus..? Not bad, not bad at all. Much better than my Mel Gibson. Oldman does have that certain atmosphere that could fit Irenicus. ;)

Chris Walken.. I'm quite undecided about this guy in general, but he would indeed fit the role of Haer'Dalis. I don't think Orlando Bloom would be fit for this role. Not because I had something against him. He just isn't the right type IMO.

And Vin Diesel as Sarevok? Man that was the greatest idea I've heard in a while. I can hear hiss bass-voice boom on the plains already. Really, there is no-one more perfect for this part. Vin Diesel just IS Sarevok's re-incarnation... or vice versa.

Leon could be Valygar. But I have a hard time remembering him from anywhere in particular, save the strange familiarity in the pictures found in the net.

I'm still undecided about Jaheira. But for Bodhi I might as well throw my first suggestions. Either Alyson Hannigan again (she has to be more believable though, even when it DOES fit Bodhi that she's a bit reckless and... eccentric, in her own way). Or Salma Hayek. I always remember her (I think it was her) from "From Dusk Till Dawn".

2. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Come one Aaahnold as Minsc, that wouldn't work, if you hadn't noticed already minsc although he has been hit in the head a lot, he does speak perfect english and with that I mean without an accent, A feat I think Arnold couldn't do.

Irenicus, I would almost say the actor who spoke his voice in the game, I think it's that guy from the timemachine, pity he is to old. Gary oldman is a good choice or john malcovich

Edwin, definatly Alan rickman, you know 'Hans Gruber' Steve buscemi would be a perfect Xzar.

Vin Diesel as Sarevok sounds right to me.

Protoganist, don't know, there aren't to many good heroes in movies as of late (except Viggo ofcourse but I don't think we need an aragorn do we)

Neeber- if he would be black I'd say the guy who plays urkel :D

3. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Robin Williams. Irenicus?
    Dean Cain? I know he's doing b-movies right now, but with his goatee, I think he could make a good thief character.
    I'd like to see Tommy Lee Jones, Nathan Lane or Gene Hackman in there somewhere too.

[ January 09, 2003, 10:22: Message edited by: Elios ]

4. Ray192 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Alyson Hannigan will be goodie as Imoen.... and that guy that played Picard should be Irenicus, after adding his voice with enhancments..... and Drew Berrymore for Nalia! Nalia looks infinetly like Drew and even sounds like her. And mini-me for Jan. ;)

5. GabrielNYC Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] I don't know...I can't see Halle Berry as Viconia. Why are some people mentioning her? It is simply because she had white hair in the X-Men movie? I don't think that's a good enough reason. She doesn't exude enough ruthlessness to be drow.

=========
    Christopher Walken as Haer'Dalis?! Perish the thought! If bladesmanship and dramatic abilities are more important for this role than sheer pretty-boy eye candy appeal, there's really only one choice...

Mandy Patinkin!
    =========

Yes. Patinkin would be perfect. He can mimic several different accents. He can definitely be bard-like. Even though Walken is a good actor, he wouldn't fit in a medieval/fantasy themed film.

As for Keldorn, it would have to be a classically trained actor. "Old school" if you will. Someone who even has a noble air about them. As much as I like Harrison Ford, I can't see him as a knight.

Alan Rickman, David Warner (hell, he did the voice why not him?) would be good as Irenicus. Has anyone seen the film with Rickman and Liam Neeson about the IRA? Rickman could do very well.

Arnold, I don't know. His accent is German, Austrian, something along those lines. Minsc really sounds Russian.

Why would Yoshimo be played by a chinese actor? Why not japanese? There are several better actors than Jet-Li or Chow Yun Fat. Like Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa for example. When he smiles he looks exactly Yoshimo.RIGHT down to the way the eyes and teeth.

Gary Oldman would also be good as Irenicus or Edwin.

Sarevok would be done well either by Michael Clarke Duncan or Ving Rhames or some other big guy who can speak clearly and eloquently. Vin Diesel doesn't cut it for me. He's like some of the goombas who try to be wiseguys in NYC. All brawns, no brains and barely coherent. "Hey, 'ow you doin'?" etc.

6. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31

Precisely the only thing that I'm worried about her is the fact that she's too much of a nice innocent missus. Otherwise her appearance is precisely Viconia. Somewhat graceful, and incredibly lucrative, the only person who might get up to drow standards of incredibly beautiful women I might add. Besides, we already know the dark skintone suits her. I'd hate to see a baywatch girl as a Viconia anyway.

Point for you there. Precisely why Sean Connery would'be been like made for it. In terms of noble appearance and strong characteristic style of speech that is.

The accent may not be the same, but I think we have more to loose in Minsc by taking someone never-heard-of-before actor with whatever talents compared to a Schwarzenegger with is obvious fame and muscles, with the only difference that the "Russian" accent will be changed into an Austrian one.

Chow Yun-Fat is definitely a good actor. An obvious talent physically and otherwise. Even though I'm a Jap-fan of sorts, I don't think that wether the actor be Japanese or Chinese really has any difference. Especially since once again, a little thing like the right "accent" (nationality in this case) may result in a much worse choice of actor in the end. Cary Hiroyuki-Tagawa could definitely be a good choice though. Though I always thought he was Chinese, even for the Japanese lastname. :)

Gary Oldman could be an Irenicus.

Have you seen Pitch Black? The role Diesel played there as Riddick was perfect when comparing it to a potential Sarevok. xXx didn't paint the best possible picture of him, but so far what I've heard read and seen of Vin Diesel, he's the most intelligent-seeming muscle bag out there. Wether he really does have anything other than a bunch of muscles for brains, I don't know. But he's the one bad-ass attitude muscle that would easily pass for a well academically educated gentleman, were he given such a role.

The reason he is fit for Sarevok is his appearance, his voice (especially, since that's a very strong detail about Sarevok). As Riddick, he did a wonderful job as an evil character that the viewers would still identify themselves with. A bit more intelligent and refrained air about him, a bit more serious and darker sense of sarcasm, and that's Vin Diesel come Sarevok you're looking at.

Btw, what would be the estimated cost for this film simply for the cast's part..? :)

7. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    How about Duane Johnson (aka The Rock) as an alternative for Sarevok? He's strong, agile, very charismatic, speaks English (at least the version we use on this side of the Atlantic) with no particular accent, and is actually intelligent (he used his football scholarship at U. Miami to actually get an education and a degree, imagine that)?

Also, if not Sarevok, maybe . . . Minsc??!!

[ January 10, 2003, 17:56: Message edited by: dmc ]

8. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31

Oh yeah, very charismatic alright. He'd make a Minsc though. :)

No really, Vin Diesel is such a choice that there can be no other.

9. Tayja Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Here's my two cents:

Irenicus... John Malkovich

Keldorn...Patrick Stewart. Come on, he's perfect.

Saemon...John de Lancie, for fun.

Valygar...Don't know his name, sorry. The gourgeous built black guy on Andromeda, Tyr. He even has the right hair. Hmmm, I should find out his name.

Yoshimo...Von Flores, played bad guys on Earth Final Conflict, Tek Wars, Kung Fu Lengend Continues. Perfect voice, and a way of making you feel for him even when he's bad.

Viconia...since this is a purely fantasy list anyway...Aaliyah. Beautiful, graceful and she could play anything from sweet to downright eevilll.

Bodhi...again I don't know the name. The petite all white/black girl from Farscape. She moves the way I imagine Bodhi moving. And she has that same bubblegum-evil voice.

My Character as Protagonist... female paladin... Jeri Ryan.

Okay, okay by this point you're all thinking I watch too much sci fi. Waitaminnit -looks around- nobody *here* is gonna think there is such a thing as too much sci fi.

[ January 11, 2003, 16:05: Message edited by: Tayja ]

10. Bang Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hi,

it's really astonishing to me, that nearly everybody wants Halle Berry as Viconia?!
    She is more the kind of a good girl and not very tough. I would like Lisa Bonet. Much better!

11. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Vin Diesel as Sarevok or Minsc. Halle Berry definitely couldn't do Viconia. And to those, who thought that Sean Bean could be Keldorn or Anomen... Naah. He could be the protagonist. Fun... ;)

Eze goes googly eyes again

12. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    For Lord Farthington Roenall I propose the pro-dean of law faculty at my university. He's born to this role.

13. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Keldorn: I like Patrick Stewart. He's right about Keldorn's age and has the accent. He's also an incredibly charismatic actor.

Imoen: Alyson Hannigan. She looks the part and I doubt that she would have any trouble with the sweet little sister role.

While I can think of a few actresses that may be better suited for Viconia than Halle Berry, they don't have the skin color for it, so I'll have to go with her as well.

Nalia: Drew Barrymore or Gwenyth Paltrow. Nalia looks a lot like Drew and I can see her as a noble with appropriate costumes. Gwenyth was pretty good in "Shakespeare in Love," so we know she can handle the time period.

I would agree with Richard Gere for Anomen, but he's getting a bit old. Maybe Ben Affleck? With his goatee he kind of looks like him.

Bodhi: I can't see Alyson Hannigan, sorry.

Vin Diesel couldn't do Minsc, but he would be a pretty good Sarevok.

Robin Williams would make a pretty good Minsc.

Irenicus: Bruce Willis or Gary Oldman.

[ January 16, 2003, 00:51: Message edited by: Rastor ]

14. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Keldorn - Sean Connery
    Viconia - Liv Tyler (paint her dark) or Tyra Banks
    Valygar - Mario Van Peebles
    Irenicus - Bruce Payne (Highlander the Endgame)
    Cernd - Pierce Brosnan (he looked the part in Grey Owl) or the guy who played Haldir in LOTR
    Anomen - the guy who played Isildur in LOTR:FOTR
    Edwin - Gary Oldman
    Minsc - Arnie
    Boo - Micheal Jackson (Har! Har! Har!)

[ January 16, 2003, 13:00: Message edited by: nior ]

15. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Minsc - Arnold Schwarzeneger
    Jaheira - Nicole Kidman
    Keldorn - Rutger Hauer
    Irenicus- Antony Hopkins
    Aerie - Gwenyth Paltrow
    Anomen - Kenneth Branna
    Bodhi - Monica Belluci
    Nalia - Drew Barrymore
    Viconia - Hale Berry

16. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Does Viconia have to be YOUNG and beautiful? Maybe a slightly older actress would be able to pull off the menacing Drow-ness a little better. My suggestions would be Angela Bassett (did y'all catch her in that turn-of-the-millenium movie a few years back, with Ralph Fiennes?) or Queen Latifah.

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Honestly, people, how can you say Drew Barrymore would be a good Nalia? She looks more like a chambermaid than a noble, no offence to anyone.

18. Jurts Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Hmm, I would actually say Uma Thurman for Viconia!
    I am not surprised that there had been very few suggestions for Jaheira, which proves what I already knew - she is something special :)
    Nicole Kidman? Nay, nay, I cannot imagine...

19. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I think earie should be played by Jennifer Love Hewwit

20. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, as I've already said in my post...

Joanna Pacula, provided that she is still as stunningly beautiful now as she was in the late 80s and early 90s, is just right for the role of Jaheira.

She has the face, the hair color, and she has played roles before which resemble various facets of Jaheira's personality.

That is a question of IF though. I haven't seen her in anything recently. I don't go out to the theater or video store much, so I don't know what she looks like now in the year 2003.

[ January 17, 2003, 12:37: Message edited by: Beren ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.