1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lerrahud - stats -966666 (SoA)

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Kailynne Johanne, Oct 8, 2001.

1. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

That Constitution difference IS a formidable difference as far as I can see, although indirectly. Lerrahud is maxed out experience-wise yet has only 76 HP. So, there is a "low initial stats" effect still extent in the game.

On the other hand, I may try again to lire the Drow out one by one, however, they seem to want to stay together. And the Kua Toan Monitors are as fast as me with Boots of Speed on - so they are hard to evade.

But, it is something else to play... meaning it is a tough game still and I may have reached my "difficulty-to-solution" limit. I play on Core rules almost always. Changing the difficulty level would change the game and the challenge, so that isn't really an option.

But, ya'll have some interesting points.

2. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

NOoooo!!! Why?! We loved Lerrahud! *sniff sniff* On a more serious note, what are Lerrahud's proficiencies? Would some of those enchanted awrrows/bolts help? Or try the wands. Wands of Cloudkill, Wands of the heavens. Spells that items give you (items that haste you or cast damage spells). YOU'RE not the one trying to play cheese-free..... :evil:

3. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

Well, as I said, when the frustration dies off a bit, I may try to resurrect the game from the point where it is now...

However, with proficiencies in Fighter-based melee weapons, and only a single star in bows, using any ranged weapon other than the Tuigan bow is seemingly pointless if the bow does little damage - which it does against +5 Drow Armor. The proficiencies I have right now are 3+ in LS, 1 + in mace, flail and war hammer and 2+ in single weapon style. I figured that gave him the greatest flexibility to engage effectively the various monsters to be encountered. As far as wands fo, he has this INT problem - some wands are class specific and he can't use them - Wand of Heavens, for instance, others, he is too dumb to use except with INT-assist potion use. Same thing with certain scrolls.

And in order to maximize the use of the potions available in the game, I have to pick and choose where to use them. In this case, I have drunk 4 or 5 potions of Mind Focusing to decrease my AC, up my INT and DEX and generally help out. Hasn't helped. You are no more disappointed than I am.

[This message has been edited by Kailynne Johanne (edited October 15, 2001).]

4. drm Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Come on man. 's gotta be a way around this.... T H N I K!

5. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

Apparently, some of you had your fingers crossed properly and were rubbing your lcuky charms and rabbits feet in the corect fashions... I managed to get Lerrahud past the Drow party successfully.

---so here it goes again-----

Lerrahud rises as Lazarus from the Dead

I finally figured out a way to fight Lerrahud out of his predicament. The predicament was he couldn't beat either the Drow he faced or the Kua Toans he faced. Well, at the sacrifice of Imoen and 4 reputation points, he managed to isolate one of the Drow Priestesses and rip the armor from her corpse. He now wears slightly dented and used +5 Drow Armor. However, as I said, it cost him his pack horse - Imoen is irretrievably dead. Her portrait disappeared and we all know what that means. Also, had to turn into the Slayer twice to regenerate HPs quickly or Lerrahud would have died.

Once clad in the new armor, I took out the Drow one at a time using the time honored, slightly cheesy but still effective, tactic of hit and run. That it is not mere cheese is sustained by the enormous amount of damage inflicted upon Lerrahud when he failed to disrupt Drow prayer sessions and got Flame Struck. Man that smarts.

Current healing inventory - 0 potions of healing. Had already bought out the Svrifneblin store's limited stock of healing potions and used them in the fight.

Recovery at the Svrifneblin Inn - nearly 3.5 days at Royal prices and regeneration rate.

Modifying the Nobleman designed "status report":
    Playing time - 2.5 hours --- numerous Reloads
    Drow War Party - +++++ difficulty

-----more to come tomorrow-------

6. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Swinging sixties here you come! Yeah Kailynne! Can't you get a protection Vs. fire somewhere. To protect against flame strike?

Anyway Headbanger I agree :D :D :D :p
    I think that Kailynne would also agree that there should be an unwritten code of war amongst the drow that told them to split up. :1eye:

7. drm Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I wonder exactly what scrolls a Fighter can use... especialy one with an INT of 6... Also, if he hasn't made it into the Drow city, what scrolls is he carrying or are available to him vi athe Underdark itself, the Svrifneblin store or encounters?

8. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

After figuing a way to defeat the Drw, Lerrahud went back into the Kuo Toan dungeon and tried to fight his way thru. One by one, lure by lure, over a period of 12 days game time, he managed to kill the not-so-weeny fishies that stood between him and the exit door to the surface. He even managed to lure out the Drow guarding the door.. Took them out over 5 game days (due to having to return to the Svirfneblin inn to rest/heal) with an Air Elemental summoned from his staff and his sometimes trusty efreeti. Unfortunately, this attracted the attention of the KT's Prince and his court. They all rushed BigL and he was forced to flee.

The raucous nature of the ensuing running battle attracted yet more attention from an air and earth elemental as BigL exited the dungeon and returned to the Underdark only to be followed by the fishies. Run, shoot, run, shoot. Round and round and still they pursued him. Again, time and a few reloads were on BigL's side... 10 game days later, it is just the Prince and BigL facing off against each other....

A half dozen reloads later, I am beginning to wonder if there is any way for BigL to beat this guy... Every time I get him down to Near Death, he heals himself fully - ala what happens to a few game-required monsters elsewhere in the game (Imoen in Irnicus dungeon staying at 1HP comes to mind).

Can't get out the exit-to-the surface door as it is locked and even switching to the SLayer won't allow me to bash it in. So, I guess I will have to try the Drow city quest.... Very frustrating as I had hoped to avoid it entirely. I see little chance for surviving the fight after you exit the city on one of Phaere/Matron Mother quests you pick up in there.

------more to come later---------

9. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I don't get your weapon profiency. With all those stas you are already not that good in fighting, but yuo really should have specialized in only two weapons, Bow or Crossbow and one Melee Weapon. With that you should have been better in ranged attack and melee with one weapon so you could damage enemies from a range and finish them melee. Why did yuo choose for this specialization? Or have stats like strength also influence on specializations?

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You need to put the tainted tadpoles in the pool where the Prince was originally to weaken his regenerating ability. It's akin to putting the holy water in the blood pools in Bodhi's lair to weaken her regeneration ability.

11. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

Role playing a person who has low INT makes for some interesting choices. I chose to play it like this - if when leveling up, my INT was low - 6 - then I randomly chose the new proficiency. OTOH, if due to potions, my INT was higher, then I selected the proficiency myself directly. I do have one star in bows.... So, I am not totally incompetent with ranged weapons. They just become less effective against higher level or better armmored opponents.

My attacks per round when dual-weilding Blade of Roses and any other weapon are 4, so it's not a question of ability scores at this point. However, the luck aspect seems to come into play to some extent. Misses are not uncommon despite a decent THACO - -5/4 when dual-weidling. With numbers like that, I have no other explanation than luck why Lerrahud has so many misses.

But, if you can do better, the challenge remains open....

Blackthorne TA - thanks for the reminder... It made all the difference in the world! (But, of course you knew that it would!) 8-)

[This message has been edited by Kailynne Johanne (edited October 16, 2001).]

12. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] Soon you'll see the sunlight again. Be sure to wear these :cool:

So you make it harder on yourself with Weapon profs. It should be valid to pick them more cleverly. According to the D&D rules which define the attributes, and intelligece of 5-7 is just below average. It is only an intelligence of 3-4 which is considered impulsive (random in Lerrahud's case). Further, one could actually state that it would be more proper, to say as a DM, that the player may ONLY improve his weapon skills in weapons he is familiar with already, since he has a hard time to acquire new knowledge on the fly(proficiency slots in new weapon classes) with int and wis of 6. What he experiences in life is what he gets. Hence if he uses a staff, he gets better in staff.

Back to the story, I think it was brave of you to take on the Kua toa prince not knowing about the pool. You certainly have guts :)

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited October 17, 2001).]

13. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

<<What he experiences in life is what he gets. Hence if he uses a staff, he gets better in staff. >>

If you consider that statement, you can look at the proficiencies and see that it has actually worked out that way... As he picked up different weapons, he used them. What you see as randomly selected proficiencies I explain to myself as he used the weapon enough to becoome proficient in it... He just picked up a variety of weapons as he went along and tried more than one for various periods of time - jack-of-all-trades or generalist if you prefer rather than specializing in one weapon to the exclusion of others.

Also, consider that he does have 3 stars in Long Sword - my preferred weapon for him. This, along with the 2 stars in single weapon class, allows for 4 attacks/round almost regardless of what weapon I am using in the off-hand if I dual-weild.

So, I am fairly comfortable with the proficiencies.. What you may not be seeing is the die rolls... actually, you can't see them, but I have that indicator turned on and have watched it fairly carefully.

I enjoy reading others' stories and seeing how they made different choices and dealt with the difficulties they encounter .... Obviously, the choices made will affect the outcomes... But the randomness of die rolls will also be reflected in two games starte at the same time with the same stats and ending up in different places after a while (or even in similar battles fought the same way).

[This message has been edited by Kailynne Johanne (edited October 17, 2001).]

14. zaknafein Guest

i must say welcome back to life

15. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

KJ, I know the challenge is open but first I have other challenges to complete. After that I'll try another challenge, maybe this one, however now many others areplaying it, it's not really original for me to play anymore I suppose. And I don't have as much time as you have to play (sheesh I thought I was addicted but this is way worse ;))

16. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

Adalon.. Smadalon... Who really gives a damn?

Lerrahud found himself standing on the eastern side of the Underdark. Across a bridge, he could see shadowy figures, Drow guards he guessed. Quickly equipping his favorite staff, he summoned forth an elemnetal of the air, rubbed his efreeti bottle and played with his helm. So allied and emboldened, he began walking across the bridge... Needless to say, the Drow were not impresed with his magnificence. Too bad. It cost them their lives.

Lerrahud carried with him a gem that glimmered, yet it shone less birghtly as he headed up the eastward passway at a fork. Noticing this, he retreated and then took the westward passage... The gem glowed brighter... He met Adalon -- bitch queen of the white dragons. As one might expect, she was as conniving as any of her misbegotten ilk and told blackmailed Lerrahud in response to his requesting her assistance in leaving the Underdarl.

Phaere immediately put our hero to work - a step-and-fetch-it quests to recover a handmaiden. Upon leaving the city gates,(as expected), Lerrahud was ambushed by a freakin' tough party of a mage, goblin, elf, ogre, imp and thief. Mazed - Reload. Flame struck to death - reload. Backstabbed to death - reload. Mazed - Reload. Flame struck to death - reload. Backstabbed to death - reload. Reload. Reload. Reload. Hmm... can't sneak past them. Can I run past them in order to split them up?

It worked! Threw a potion of fiery burning into their mist. Got through/past them by combining a ring of invisibility and running really fast. Went up behind one of the mages (I know I am not a thief - but it seemed appropriate) and whacked him with the flail of Ages. Ran like hell... Damn Kua Toan monitors were atracted by the noise and I had to run from them too. Monitors are as fast as me!

Finally turned and faced three at once - got mazed! REload. REpeated the idea, better luck. Took out two before gettingn mazed. Reload. Drank a potion of Agility first. Repeated last process again - worked this time. Ran all the way back past the group - dragged one behind me. Turned and faced/shot him to disrupt casting. Ran up and whacked him until another opponent arriced.. Ran nearly all the way back to the city gates. Inched way back down - fired Tuigan bow at one...he charged. Other cast spell - ducked back into city. Bought potion of invisibility. Left city again. Went behind mage.. Whacked him - ran.. Eventually, this tactic too them all out.

Toughest aspect - damn thief turning invisible and trying to backstab me. Tactic- ignore Boz and when Damien attacks, switch to attacking him- FAST!
    Real world time - 25 mins
    Difficulty +++++

Rescue Handmaiden
    Drink 4 potions of Mind Focusing, 1 of Magic Protection. Wail away. Got lucky - only one reload necessary due to gettin gstunned first time around.
    Real world time - 10 mins
    Difficulty ++

Back to city - need LOTS of wine, women, song. rest.
    ----more to come-----

17. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] Survival mode on. :) Lerrahud is a true fighting spirit! I hope he gets out in the sunlight soon. I really think he deserves it. I see you have a problem with Hostile NPC parties too. I think they are a pain. Potions of fiery burning is a must I think. 5 of them! :) Have you any means of healing. Ring of regeneration and such?

18. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

Drow...Drow...The heck with the Drow
    Lord Lerrahud, Scion of DeArnise Keep, killer of demons and mosnters of all ilk and size now stands again in the light of the sun! YESSSSS!!!!

Back to Phaere I went, only to be used as a silly hey boy to beat on a Beholder. Piece of cake. Then, Phaere decides to "reward" me with the opportunity to swap eggs in the treasury - took it! Got away with it via a potion of invisibility and very fast feet! Phaere rewarded me with a night unlike any that I have ever experienced before. Woohoo!

Anyway, went in and waited for the Matron Mother to start her ceremony, then I whacked her! Screwed whatever she was doing up! Too bad for her. But lost the real egg in the process. (Bad roll during attack - reload twice). Waxed Phaere just cuz. Turned invisible and ran like hell.. through the city and out the gate. No need to kill any Drow... Why waste the time or effort?

No egg, so why go tell the stupid dragon?

Decided to try the unable-to-bash-open door in the Kua Toan dugneon again - voila! A way out maybe? Yeah - dighting between surface elves and Drow - must be this way.... Snuck on through three rooms and THE SURFACE!!! I'm out! I'm FREE!!!!! I HAVE SURVIVED!!!

Evaluation - 30 mins.
    Beholder encounter - +
    Treasury theft - ++
    Matron Mother fight - +++
    Reward - a way to the surface!!!!

----more to come-----

Player note - It feels so good to be out in the light again. The fight with the Matron mother was due to an incorrect dialogue selection with Phaere - I clicked the wrong thing and then said, the heck with it, play it. Unfortunately, this lost the egg, but it did open the door to the surface. I now know that that door will not open until after the Matron Mother ceremony - something I had suspected but not proven to myself before.

Lerrahud will mess around for a bit before traveling to Suldenesselar as he has no immediate desire to die at the hands of Irenicus right now. I will finish up a few of the easy quests and may try to take on Gaxx... But, as far as I am concerned, getting out of the Underdark has made the game... Beating Irenicus will have to be done "cheezilly" if it is even possible due to his contingencies, time stop and massive spell list.

So, any comments or advice on how a mere fighter can take him down one on one, go for it. I'm listening.

19. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Congratulations, you do a good job an many wouldn't come this far. Some fighters are talented, some are not, but that can be compensated with high Will, you have showed that. The fight with Kangaxx would be very hard I suppose. The Staff would be even better for you, but I'm afraid that would be a too high goal.

Can you give us again some stats? Items, AC, Gold and Thaco?

20. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] good work. Drink potion of genius, put protection of magic in your quick item slots cast Simulacrum and make your double protect you from magic. Use sling of Everad and finsih off any spellcasters including kangaxx like this. I did so. Kangaxx died in less than 2 minutes. No reloads. Actually everything is pretty easy (too easy, to be fun. Every quest is far too easy.) for Lord Mayhem so I se a promising future for Lerrahud.

Anyway welcome to sunlight. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.