1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

On-Line RPG openings

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Baldak Oakfist, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

It has been a very long time since I graced the Boards of Magic. When I was still a very active member of the boards, I ran an on-line game in the chat room.

Since then, the game continued, but we found a new program and have been using it to play. Recently, the number of players in the group have dwindled to just myself and one of the players, also an old member, ArtEChoke.

We would still like to play our game, but are in need of additional players. The game is run using Screen Monkey, an on-line RPG program that has chat built into it. it also has a virtual table top on which I can post maps, Pics, or other aids.

The game world is a custom world of my creation called Jalpiar. You can view some maps and info at my website : http://home.comcast.net/~baldak/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html

If yoiu are interested in playing, please contact me.

2. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

what's the time schedule?

3. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31

We meet every Sunday from 8pm to 11pm. That is Eastern Standard Time (East Coast USA). There is some room for altering the day and perhaps the time.

4. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

what about information beyond just the world. Like what rules do you use, races, classes, etc.

5. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31

We use the 3.5 edition rules. Standard races are allowed for PC's (ie: Human, Elf, Dwarf, etc.), as for classes, if it is published in an official rules book, I will allow it so long as I have the book it comes from. The players have stayed away from the evil alignments, but have delved into Chaotic Neutral.

I have the following books:
    PHB, PHB2, & Spell Compendium
    DMG & DMG2
    MM, MM2, MM3, MM4
    Feind Folio
    Savage Species
    Draconomicon
    Libris Mortis
    Lords of Madness
    Feindish Codex 1 & 2
    Complete Warrior
    Complete Adventurer
    Complete Divine
    Complete Arcane
    Storm Wrack
    Cityscape
    Races of Destiny
    Races of the Wild
    Races of Stone
    Book of Exalted Deeds
    Book of Vile Darkness
    Unearthed Arcana
    Arms & Equip[ment Guide
    Manual of the Planes
    Epic Level Handbook
    Miniatures handbook
    Oriental Adventures
    Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting

6. kin hell Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

G'day Baldak Oakfist
    Your website link wont allow me to connect.
    Standard "page cannot be displayed".
    Just a heads up incase it's something at your end.

7. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

kh, it's not his end, I just opened it fine. Baldak, how do you feel about race variants? And is it a "you don't want evil pc's thing," or the other players just never seem to choose it?

8. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31

I don't have a problem with race variants that are documented in the official manuals. As for Evil, I don't have a problem with evil players just so long as it doesn't create disharmony in the party. I have played in a party that was torn due to alignment issues and it wasn't fun. For some players, evil seems to imply no party loyalty. That style of player creates a tension taht does not work well in a game, in my opinion.

9. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

I like to play true evil, not chaotic. The way I play it is I typically like to give my character a backstory that makes joining a party, and staying on good terms with said party beneficial to him. Naturally an evil character might take a few liberties here or there when the reward is greater than any adverse consequences(that includes thinking ahead, no point playing a stupid evil character). And it would be a character from an evil race, none of that going against the grain bs(also makes npc interactions rather interesting). I'll roll something up tonight, tell me what you think, this shouldn't adversely effect my schedule as long as I have time to plan ahead. Obviously I wouldn't be looking to join in tonight, but soon. I won't throw in any bs character like a drow on the surface, it makes for a good book, but not good roleplaying. More likely a Tiefling or a planetouched variant. I'll just try to find something I haven't played yet.

10. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31

Since we are in the process of recruiting new players, we aren't currently playing. Also, with a new group, everyone will have a new character so everyone will begin a 1st level.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.