1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Morrowind OOC

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by The Magister, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Found some Elder Scrolls wikipedia site earlier. Probably full of info about the world and such.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page

I don`t think everyone in the world is born under a certain sign by the way. Its just a bonus thingy for the player character in the game. Just for the record.

Anyway I will start making up a character then. Most likely I will just let dices decide the gender, class and race. I like doing that, so I could very well end up with a female orc bard hehe.

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    :lol: Just remember that a bard needs a high personality or you'll get thrown out of the Inn/tavern. I have the bard plug-in and that has happened in the early part of the game.

I would rather not start at Seyda Neen. Perhaps we could gather in Balmora.

This should be interesting. Fel has PMed a bunch of information I think should be posted here so that we know who is running what.

Do not post characters here. I'll start a character thread.

PS: It is true that Star Signs would be only 13 days out of the year but they do give bonus to your character. It is up to you if you wish a Star Sign or not. A Star Sign would label you as special but aren't we special? :D

[ May 06, 2007, 02:08: Message edited by: Nakia ]

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The following is from Felinoid with a little editing by me of alternate suggestions. If Felinoid, The Magister, Rawgrim or Tiamat have comments or suggestions please post and we will discuss and edit as needed.

Speaking of discussions: Felinoid, Tiamat and I can usually be found in the FAI at various times of the day. The three of us seem to have weird sleep habits. :D

4. Nakia

Media:
    Rules and Regulations for game playing

!) Be sure to read the three sticky threads at the top of this Forum. Make sure you understand them.

2) Do not manipulate another player’s character without permission from the creator.

3) If for some reason you will be absent please post in the Absence Notices Thread (the 1st thread). Give instructions as to how your character is to be handled. Occasionally something arises that makes this impossible. If someone has not posted in the RP for awhile and there is no explanation in the Absences Thread I reserve the right as to what to do. Probably a personal errand of some sort.

4) Players are limited to using skills that are 15 or over. This would mean that players could only use skills that are major, minor, or racially-boosted (only with class specialization boost for the 5 point racial bonuses). Players can naturally try to do other things, but with such little skill in them, their attempts are doomed to failure. This rule is primarily to keep people from doing absolutely everything simply because they want to,

5) Levels are basically assigned (as in the DM says "you level up"), and 10 skill "points" are distributed among the ten skills. Max 5 assigned to any one skill per level. Attributes then level as normal. This should be an interesting one since people will probably have to remind me to do this.

6) If any problems arise that cannot be worked out in the OCC or by PM or meeting in FAI then I will make the final decision. Please be sure there is room in your PM for people to PM you.

7) Anyone interested in joining this RP please be sure to read the OCC thread as there is a lot of information here. And of course the RP thread itself. If you have not played Morrowind we have plenty of information and links available for you to get an idea of the game and what to expect. Anyone unfamiliar with Morrowind should start as a new arrival that way they can be filled in by the characters already playing.

[ May 07, 2007, 11:00: Message edited by: Nakia ]

5. guildmaster Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Is it too late for me to enter the game? I'm a great fan of Morrowind setting and this is a great opportunity to explore it a bit.

6. Nakia

Media:
    We are just getting started. :) So post your character and join us in Balmoral. At the moment we have 2 mages, a monk, an agent/thief and hopefully a redguard warrior/armorer. Because this is a group we can (and should) specialize rather than needing to be jack-of-all-trades.

non-edit: I would edit this but it would spoil Tiamat's post so go ahead rag me. :)

[ May 10, 2007, 12:42: Message edited by: Nakia ]

Dalamar Maximus likes this.
  7. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Balmoral, Nakia? :grin: Wow, I never knew our characters were so privileged or that good at dimension-hopping!

Welcome to the RP, guildmaster, and to SP. Fresh blood! :good: Toss your character in the relevant thread when you've got one :)

[ May 09, 2007, 01:21: Message edited by: Tiamat ]

8. guildmaster Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Thanks, I'll do that as soon as I decide what I want to be :) .

9. Nakia

Media:
    With Tiamat in the UK until the 29th we'll probably move rather slowly. As you can see I'm adding some new places to Vvardenfell so feel free to do the same. In back of the bar in the South Wall is a thieves training area. It is free to members of Thieves Guild but costs a lot for non-members. It also connects to a Smugglers Den run by the Thief Guild where you may purchase just about anything. You need to see the bartender to find out about it and get a key to enter. Of course if you are even vaguely suspected of being an 'officer of the law' no one will admit it exists. :)

10. Tiamat Gems: 17/31

*waves* not back yet, but I have been keeping an eye on the thread :)

11. Nakia

Media:
    Just a warning that when Chirra fights hand-to-hand it isn't going to be any of that dull beat-em senseless stuff but she will be a fighting tornado. At the start of level 8 she has hand-to-hand of 77.

12. Morogot Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hey, so I love Morrowind, and I'm interested in joining up, but just a heads up, I've never roleplayed before (except by myself), so I'll be a little raw. I've got a character in mind; I think I shall go post him up in the appropriate place.

13. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    3 mages, a monk and 2 swordsmen/women it what we have so far. A balenced team if you ask me.

Good to have you with us Morogot.

14. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

He's not with us yet. At least not until he tones down that level 48 character of his. We don't need godmoders here. :nono:

15. Nakia

Media:
    :evil: Purr Fresh blood and obviously raw meat.

Morogot, I love newcomers but please read the rules. Characters should NOT be higher than level 12.

Remember that this type of RPing is free form and a team effort. I'll never forget my first attempt to RP here. It was a disaster but we will all be very happy :spin: to advise you so that won't happen to you.

Tone your character down a bit and jump in.

PS: Chirra isn't exactly a swordscat, more a fang and claw sneaky type. :D

16. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Youch! I just saw the stats Morogot's character. That's nuts!

When will Tiamat be comeing back from her trip?

17. Morogot Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Heh. I had a sneaking suspicion about that. K, gonna go zap him down to size now.

And thanks for the welcome, by the way. :D

18. Nakia

Media:
    Since we have 3 mages I hope one of you is good in Alchemy and another has a nice mass teleport spell to get us around together. Chirra can handle locks and traps up to 50.

edit: Mainly to get this set in my mind I'm doing a little recap here.

1 Redguard, 2 Altmer, 1 Imperial. 1 Dunmer, 1 Khajiit.
    1 Warrior/armorer. 3 Mages (wizards), 1 Monk/swords person, 1 Agent/thief/Hand-to-hand fighter

And 2, yes 2, Telvanni. Oh is Chirra going to have fun with this one...er two.

3 females and 3 males. No problem for Chirra since she is a beastfolk. She will keep a strong motherly watch over her two young friends. I love playing non-humans and Chirra is just barely humanoid. Being a slave did not help any either. Loyal and loving she can be but within broods a savage beast.

[ June 05, 2007, 06:42: Message edited by: Nakia ]

19. Nakia

Media:
    Hokay, your favorite little halfling rogue is back in the form of a tigress.

Sorry to be away so long but life just interfered.

I'd like to get this RP going if we can. So please jump into the fight and help our cat out.

Fel and I have 'spoken' briefly in FAI. There is a bit of a plot burried here.

Anyone with me? Meow, grrr

20. Tiamat Gems: 17/31

There you go, help! Claymore Guy's injured and slowed down and Spear Guy is on Asta's tail. Go get 'em ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.