1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Trying to make Sephiroth from FF7

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Calypso, Jul 6, 2003.

1. Calypso Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Right now i have nothing betetr to do. And i was playing FF7 and i was like hmm is there any one that looks like Sephiroth in this game. But i have yet to beat it 100% Any one know if there is a guy that looks like him or some what like him?

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    What is FF7 and who is Sephiroth? Maybe I'm not awake yet, but I don't recall him in SoA.

3. kukec Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

he mean Final Fantasy 7.

4. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ok, now I'm really confused. What does FF7 have to do with SoA and this guy named Sephiroth? Or is he from FF7 as well? (If so, then I will resist the temptation to break the New Addition to Forum Rules, and let the mods take over.)

5. kukec Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Yes Sepiroth is from FF7.

6. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

He means how will he make Sephirot from Final Fantasy 7 as a character in BG2. No need for moderating here.

7. Vengeance Incarnate Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Final Fantasy 7 is an RPG on the PS. The FF series has an extremely huge following around the world and it's following grows each time a new game is produced.(Great games by the way)

Sephiroth is just one of the more memorable villains of the series.

Back to the charater build:

There is nobody who looks like him. Not even remotely. After all, how many character models can there be of a person weilding a katana three times their height?

8. Splunge

Media:
    @ Velve
    Hmm, you may be right about what he means; his wording kind of threw me a bit. Maybe the rules need to be changed again to prevent jerks like me from making the kind of smart-ass comments I made. My apologies to Calypso. :o .
    (Damn, I hate that smilie - looks more like a choirboy whose collar is too tight :nolike: )

9. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Well, since the answer has been given, i'll just welcome you to the boards then :cool:

Welcome to the Boards of SP Calypso!! ;)

10. Calypso Gems: 1/31

Splunge no harm done bro. As for hoping this would work i guess not. I was hoping there mayhave been some one that look liked a little like him(long hair, coat/robe)Oh well

oh yeah thanks for the welcome happy to be here.

11. Splunge

Media:
    Actually, this just occurred to me - you can find a whole bunch of different portraits here; maybe one of these will be close. It's a lot to go through, but you said you have nothing better to do :D

P.S. ditto on the welcome!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
  12. Vengeance Incarnate Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Yeah, they have portraits here of various FF characters..........but they're from FF8 so they might not be what you're looking for.

By the way, welcome to the boards.

13. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Just go to a FF7 fansite and get a pic of him and then use the portrait manager. As to getting a model that has long straight hair, a PHAT katana and his clothing might be harder.

14. Calypso Gems: 1/31

and who has long hair??? i got SK so i just need to know what one.

15. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I would think the obvious way to go would be to create a male fighter/mage and use Shadowkeeper to make him a human with the Elven Mage avatar. It has the long flowing outfit Sephiroth wears, plus the long hair. Give him the default skin color, whitish-grey hair, and the darkest black as the main clothing color with either grey or blood red as the minor clothing color.

Another way to go would be to give him the Elven Cleric avatar, and assign him a pure warrior class. The kensai maybe? Up to you. Up his proficiency in Katanas and give him Celestial Fury or a cool Katana you make yourself. Two-handed swords would work here as well.

As far as the look, just find a portrait online of Dante from Devil May Cry. Shouldn't be too hard; I found 3 great ones just the other day. I can email one to you, if you like.

16. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

To each their own I guess. I can't imagine why someone would want to put Sephiroth in BG. Or any other "omnipotent-in-his-own-world" character for that matter. Were Sephiroth in the game, he'd have to be able to solo dragons like no tomorrow, and a pitiful Irenicus or even the (will not spoil who) you meet in the end. And what's the point of that? Being the most powerful lone creature in the world of FF7, he's certainly the Forgotten Realms equivalent of a God, or at least very close.

17. Calypso Gems: 1/31

thanks for the tips i will try them out

18. Arian Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

@ Foradasthar

lol, he's the equivalent of a God?....and what are you normally in BG2? ;)

19. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

[​IMG] The spawn of a God! :D :) :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.