1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Help with a roleplay

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by sabrina, Nov 23, 2005.

1. sabrina Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I have made something of a start, on a roleplay. It's about a group of eventures who one is hit by a poison-arrow shot by a vampire-hunter, by mistake. To get the andidote the eventures will have to help the vampires - the only ones who have the andidote, because the poisen originally form to them. But humans have terrible mutant-form by its poison and will die within a month, if not saved by the andidote.
    To resive the help from the vampires, they will have to help THEM. THe vampires is week because of The heart of Darkness; the heart from the first vampire, a creature of a lich who wanted to create a creature as a servant. By the first vampire was far too clever than him, and killed him. The vampire was so powerful that it could create, by its bite, a union of followers - the vampires. But now, many years after... the heart is stolen, because it is a thing to obtain large power and magic. and without the heart, the vampires grow week to die.
    My help of you, and I need it very much, thanks:

1. Who is the enemy, who has stolen the heart?

2. I was thinking about a dark fortress, as the place the heart could be in: but I need more information about the fortress; like whats it like in there? How does it look like? What are the small and larger enemies inthere? Where is the heart to be found in there? I need a lot of good answers, with a lot of good imagination!

2. Some body-mutations; anything from good to bad!

3. And if you have some other ideas, just let me know,I am open to almost everything, thank you!

Sabrina

[ November 23, 2005, 11:46: Message edited by: Beren ]

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

If this is a RP, I really can't see it being too good to be honest. You have overall too much planned to the most minute details - the details don't matter, come up with them during play when they're relevant. It'll mean you'll have a far more flexible RP which the players are able to have input into. Even major plot details like what you have don't need to be set in stone - it's better if they're not! If the players can have an input to what's going on - they'll be more interested. Just guiding people through a predefined plot is my idea of dull. If answers to your questions don't show up in play naturally - something's going wrong.

3. sabrina Gems: 1/31

Well, I still need to know more of my quistions? I have made roleplays like this for a long time, and my fellowplayer and I loved it like that. Off course something unplanned comes up. They still have to figure out HOW to solve what i've planned. You understand?
    Come on. I am a little lost. I really need this information to my story, so come on. Help me out a little. I would love it, if you all would!

4. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I stole the Heart, and you can't have it back! Why did I steal it? Because it was there, and many want it. Who am I? Avaris, the planar embodiment of many beings desires, wantings, envies, jealousies, and greed. Why do I live in a scary black castle? Because it is a good place to keep all my loot, and it scares most away. Who could I trust to guard it? Mechanical machines that I stole from the Lawful Neutral planes, and programed to kill all intruders, they're the only things I could possibly trust enough to guard my possessions, things without minds or wants of their own. What am I? A shadowy figure in a dark cloak is all that's ever been seen of me.

5. sabrina Gems: 1/31

that's good, Scot. Now you are so much into this dark enemy, could you give me more details about the fortress? You'know, how it looks like inside, so I could describe it better? And maby with many levels? And about the machine-guards, well, I'm not so much into such things. Could you give me other dark servants, with lesser brains, whom could make up for the same purpose? Thanks anyway.
    And what about some nasty bodymutations?
    Thanks agien...

6. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Okay, we'll change the machine guards and give you body mutations to boot (as an added bonus).

Avaris's main concern is that his guards don't steal his possessions, so any thinking thing is not to his liking. Thus, he hired an alchemist/sorceror to do some strange things to trolls. What he ended up with is a brainless troll. Or maybe a troll with nothing more than a brain stem, large nose, maybe eyes, maybe not. Basically it will kill and eat anything it sees or smells. He'll have many of these modified trolls roaming about the passageways leading to his multiple treasure vaults.

The castle itself will be a very typical dark, spooky, old style Hollywood monster movie castle, a la Dracula, Frankenstein, etc. Barroque spires, dark stone covered with thorny ivy. Standing on a high mountain with sheer cliffs around it, but enough stone under it for massive dungeons. Of course, Avaris stole it, as it was so perfectly what he wanted for his abode.

Maybe for the upper floors living areas, for those rare times that Avaris wants to entertain certain entities of a finer sort, he might have some non-troll servants, somebody able to cook and clean, but still somehow able to be controlled and trusted. Maybe a creature from the lawful neutral planes who Avaris was able to buy a contract for a millenia from. Something like the perfect strereotypical butler, like Batman's.

Details on the castle:

A drawbridge over a chasm leads to a double towered entry gate, with a portculis at the end of a 3 meter x 4 meter passageway, with murder holes in the ceiling.

A 10 meter high wall surrounds the inner compound, which consists of a five storied black granite palace. There are four spire shaped towers at each corner. Inside, first theres a great hall, with the grand stairway, covered in red carpet, a la Gone with the Wind. To the right is the parlor and study, straigh ahead the grand ballroom, on the left the dinning room and kitchen. Of course, gaudy prizes adorn the walls and display pedastles all over the place. The largest diamond in the multi-verse, the most beautiful unicorn ivory sculpture, a tooth from Tiamat, a crystal shard. Everything is multiply trapped with very deadly traps in case any one should do more than look at the items. Secret passageways riddle the palace, only a few of which lead to the extensive dungeons below.

7. sabrina Gems: 1/31

I'll give it some thoughts, allthough you ideas about the fortress was somehow not so original, and I don't like that.
    But I liked the thing with the trolls. I think that will be in the story. Also the lordenemy.
    Thanx anyway, :)

8. Scot

Take what you like, leave the rest for the dogs.

What exactly are you doing with this?

Creating an adventure for a pen and paper role play?

Writing a story with a friend?

Just curious, I've read your previous post and am still not sure what you're up to.

9. sabrina Gems: 1/31

Yes, you got it!
    Im writing an adventure with a friend, with pen and paper. I am the dungeonmaster, but I have characters too. I write what happens and my characters actions. My friend answers what her characters actions is. We have done it sooo many times, and we both love it. It is a unik way of coming closer into the world, the talk, the actions, the fights, the friendships and the hate.

10. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

What if the fortress contains some portals to seemingly random places? Later on you could asstablish a connection between the seperate locations, as part of a puzzle or something.

I think if I was an evil overlord with lots of treasure, I will have creatures withoud arms to guart it, wurm like creature's or something like that...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.