1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Arena (extension of the Alehouse)

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by JiggaJay, Nov 8, 2005.

1. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

For your further entertainment and relaxation from questing, I, the one and only JiggaJay bring to you:

The Arena

Inbedded in the floor of the alehouse is a giant circular hole, with spikes protruding from the walls and a thin layer of sand on the floor. Seats and an unholy rhythm surround it, yet you hear no sound. It is dark and foreboding, yet glorious. It is a place of trials, of enchanting horror. It is the arena. (If you own the Icewind Dale II soundtrack, play song number 7, it fits the mood nicely :) )

If you wish to participate in a fight go ahead and sign up, and also state which monster(s) you would like to fight. I have a friend of mine with many hook-ups to various monsters. Locatha, Kobolds, Remorhazz, Githyanki, Beholders, most forgotten realms monsters. Inquire and I will see if I can make it possible. Also, make sure you have the gold to pay for your fight up front, because some of these monsters are very difficult to get a hand on and my friend likes to be well compensated for the danger he is put in. (and he's kind of a jerk :p )

Bring whatever equipment you need for your match, have fun, and try not to get killed. It makes for bad publicity :)

2. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Self-concious the grand hooded man went straight for the Arena. Oh, Ol' Oli had hurt a thing or two about this place... As a Wench accidently strifed the shoulder of this grand man, she screamed as if something had burned her, and gave the man a sizing gaze... "I don't know who you are, even less WHAT you are, but if ye here for the fights, you better talk to Jigga behind the counter". All the man gave in reply was a short snorl, as he turned and went to the bar.
    "I would like to fight, though not this pansy would-be fights you put up here", A deep snorring voice said from underneath the hood."I will challenge whoever calls himself master, swrodsman, or any of the other pathetic terms you humans use to glorify yourself with"... All the bartender, Jigga, could see, was a pair of flaming eyes deep within the darkness of the hood.

OOC - How will the fights be fought?

3. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31

OOC-->Simply ask for a monster, I say ok, and then you do your own battle scene. Good writing skills and action preferred :) <--end OOC

4. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Berg walked over to the hooded stranger who was talking to JiggaJay.

"Well, I'm not a human, but if you would lower yourself to fight a dwarf, I'm game. I'm a grandmaster with the axe, trained under no less than Durlag himself, and I'm a gold grandmaster with the hammer. I'll fight you. But not to the death. I don't care how ugly you are under your hood, I'd like to get to know you better before deciding that you need to die, and on the chance that you're better than me, I'd prefer not to be killed or maimed just for amusement. I don't care about a cut or a bruise, but if you're going to be hacking my limbs or digits off, please pull the blow. I'll return the favor to you too."

He plunked a heavy bag down on the table. "To make it worth your while, I'll wager 200 platinum on myself."

He rested his battle axe and battle hammer on the floor. They were both of a black metal, with several odd hooks and notches at various points on them. "Well, what say you, stranger?"

5. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31

"Whoah, whoah you guys, this wasn't meant to be the point of the arena, but I suppose a little PvP action never hurt anyone."

"Here is what I had in mind..."

In saying this, Kazdul yelled something incomprehensible to the lackey in the arena, straightened his belt and climbed down the ladder that led into the pit known as the arena.

"Some Sahaugin, if you will. Make it say, five? I never liked the bloody pirates anyway." Kazdul instructed. The lackey gave a nod and disappeared shortly into a barred door opposite of Kazdul. Moments later, they appeared.

Brandishing their tridents, the party saw Kazdul and immediately charged him. Cooly fitting a dart to his crossbow, Kazdul fired one at the leaders face. The dart sprang from the crossbow and neatly found a place between his eyes. That quickly, the odds were four to one. Relentless, the Sahaugin quickly closed any ground remaining between them and Kaz. Kazdul stood there, unmoving, not even drawing the daggers at his sides. The first Sahaugin leapt through the air, loosed a shrill cry, completed a full 360 degree turn and took a huge swing at Kazdul. Blocking a swing that huge would be impossible for the halfling, so tucking into a roll the rogue somersaulted beneath the Sahaugins feet, drawing his daggers in the process and ending up behind the first monster, but right in path of the other three.

The scaly monsters jabbed at the small halfling but hilt met prong in a dazzling display of fencing and acrobatics. Kazdul's hands and body worked independently, flipping, dodging, feinting and parrying, even the Sahaugins' methodically aimed simultaneous stabs couldn't scratch the shifty halfling. Blocking a trident with each hand and then spinning past the other, Kazdul jumped into the air and caught the prongs of one trident in his feet, he then stomped the weapon onto the ground and the Sahaugin, without a weapon to defend himself, was felled by Kazdul's ensuing diving stab. Three to one.

The remaining lizards were furious, and unleashed a flurry of attacks that were mind boggling. Kazdul's arms were pounded relentlessly with the shock of weapon on weapon and he felt himself tiring, but that feeling was quickly vanquished when a stab caught him in the left side. The pain jolted through his body and he stutter-stepped a little, falling off guard in a critical second. The butt of a trident drove Kazdul onto his back, and he started bleeding and convulsing on the ground. The three lizard-men knew their victory was at hand, and approached the slowly calming body with grim, evil smiles. Looking down at Kazdul, fear filling his eyes, a Sahaugin raised his trident for the killing blow.

The ruse worked perfectly.

Laughing and rolling between his foes legs, Kazdul was up and running, putting distance between the shocked Sahaugin. The wound wasn't what he made it out to be, just a cut, but it did bleed a lot. The Sahaugin cried and rose their tridents in unison, feeling completely idiotic in front the of the crowd. Kazdul carefully drew a glass vial out of his web belt, and smiled at the charging Sahaugin. When they were ten feet in front of him Kazdul threw the vial at their feet, and the monsters went up into flames.

"Well, that was tiring indeed. Could I get a cleric or something for this cut? It does hurt me so. :) "

"So, anyone else want to have a try?"

6. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"Nice moves, Kazdul. You're pretty quick about things. I'll take a try, but against this hooded stranger that thinks he's so mighty, if he's up to it. Or if not, then maybe against an umberhulk or two, if you have any." Berg took a drink of some hot tea he'd ordered during Kazdul's workout with the Sauhaugin.

7. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31

Well, I can certainly obtain two Umberhulks for you, but it will cost 50 gp each. Good luck to you and good fighting.

8. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Snorting at the dwarves brave words, Mêlohm, meaning "god-like" - a name the large one had given himself, began to focus his anger and attention, toward the dwarf. Slowly with a hissing, almost burning voice, Mêlohm replied the bold little dwarf. "Listen, puny one. I care not if you've trained under the best of the best, if you've spared with the fiercest, the most powerful of mortals. I *will* tear you apart when we enters that circle!". Sizing the dwarf he quickly determined that he was either very good and very brave, or very brave - and very stupid! "Fight you I will, though I cannot promise you nothing when it comes to whether or not you will die. The length of your life is equal to the strength of your arm and wits". That said, the giant stood arms crossed, waiting for the dwarf to make his mover; one that would either lead him through the first step toward glory, or temporarily closing the very door leading to that first step he so desperately sought to conqueror.

9. Scot

Berg calmly walked into the circle.

10. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31

Um, guys? Are you going to fight? If not, then I would be glad if another patron would gladly request a monster(s) and have a match.

11. Scot

"I thought we were going to, but apparently this god-like thing doesn't know what to do when faced with the simple courage of a dwarf," Berg said.

12. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31

Meh, just fight the umberhulks already :)

13. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

'The' small, fluffy, grey mouse scuttled across the floor of the alehouse, now ignored by most patrons (most too drunk to see it) and settled on the rim of the large, circular hole. The Arena.

The mouse, twitched it's nose a little, grabbing a nearby scrap of stale bread, and sat to watch the action below.

14. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

"Fine then, I'll ask here. So do you have some sword spiders? I'd like to fight some if those.."

15. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31

Of course, how many would you like to combat?

16. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

"Three please."

Daren jumped into the ring as a big door opened up. Three large sword spiders emerged, venom dripping from their mandibles. One lunged forward at Daren's abdomen and Daren jumped on its back and hopped away. The other two were quicly approaching and he didn't have much time to make a plan.

He took out four smoke bombs and smashed them on the ground, making the spiders unaware of him sneaking past them. He took out his short sword and slashed the leg of one of them and it screeched in pain. It flipped around and hit him square in the jaw.

Daren spun around and hit the floor hard. He could feel the spiders closing in on him and he reached for his sword, but he couldn't find it, so he lashed out at the closest spider, hitting on top of the head, somewhat disorienting it for a moment, and then it bit his arm. He could feel the venom seeping into him.

But he was prepared. He grabbed the antidote on his belt and gulped it down quickly. He glanced at the far side of the arena and jumped out of the way of sharp sword-legs. He rolled over to his sword and spun around, just in time to parry a spider. He slashed at the spider and its two front legs dropped to the floor.

It sprawked backwards, bleeding everywhere, and Daren dove forwards, driving the blade into the thing's abdomen. It cried out and after wiggling uncontrollably, it stopped.

Another spider jumped from the clearing smoke and landed on top of him, biting at his neck, him holding it off by a hair.

Daren had a reckless idea, and took a bite of the spider's arm. The outer skin cracked one of his teeth, but the fleshy underpart was broken and the nasty blood filled his mouth. It recoiled as he gagged and vomitted on the floor. He took out two daggers and went in for the kill. The spider quickly slashed at his feet and tripped him, one dagger flying out of his hand. It landed about ten feet away, so he stabbed as hard as he could at the arachnid's eyes, and jabbed out 6 of them. The spider backed away, running into the dead one, and falling on its back.

The small hobbit ran to the dagger, and threw it at the spider's soft underbelly. It sank in and the green blood gushed out and soon stopped. "Now for number three." Daren said under his breath as he glanced around for the third and final spider. He drew his second short sword and stood ready, in the middle of the arena. He slowly rotated, looking in every direction. Where could it be?, he thought. Then he looked up. There it was, spinning a web, getting ready to put him in it. But he wasn't ready to leave this world quite yet.

He threw both short swords with a loud yell right at the spider, and they did indeed meet their target. Daren smiled as it fell, then suddenly realized where it was going to land and jumped out of the way. He put his foot on the spider's body, and was very proud. He grinned at the applause and stepped up from the arena, with some help from some men.

"Well, thank you. I would like to celebrate by buying everyone in here a round of drinks on me!!" He said to an army of cheering of drunken beings.

17. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31

Well done, well done!

18. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Cameron stood up and strode over to the keeper.

" Something big and something stong. I've got enough money for anything." Cameron said confidently. He was sure he could kill anything that came out those gates, even with the bad leg.

19. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31

Hmm... Would an Ogre suffice? Or two or three? Maybe a hill giant?

AAhhh then... Get the hill giant ready!! Step into the ring whenever you feel ready good sir!

20. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Camerone didn't expect the place to have a behemoth. Cameron looked around at the hungry faces, they wanted bloodshed and if back down now he would be extradited. Vameron sighed and walked down the narrow board into the ring of spikes. The gates began to creak open inch by inch, increasing Cameron's anxiety bit by bit. He waited, his thick spear in ready postion. The hill giant must of been restless also, because he crawled under the portcullis exposing his unhelmeted head. Cameron leaped towards it, the spear leading his lunge. Cameron almost thought his luck of an easy battle was too good to be true, before he saw the huge club come flying from the side. A ploy, a good one at that, Cameron didn't expect that from a giant. He spun sideways and positioned his spear in front of the incoming tree trunk. It saved his life but broke his spear.

Cameron hands were jarred by the imense shock. The hill giant was still getting up, Cameron took the time to nurse his hands. He now only had a spear point and a boken shaft.

He was caught off guard when the giant threw the giant limb towards him, he lept out of the way but not before it nicked his foot. Roaring out in pain he fell faking a more serious injury. The giant took the bait and went to crush him with it's giant foot. Cameron rolled out the way just in time, but he had positioned the spear blade so the giant stomped down on the blade. Cameron saw the tip come out the top of it's boot. It howled in pain trashing around in a wild frenzy, Cameron dived in and jabbed his pole between the gargantuan legs. It snapped the pole again but succeded in tripping the giant who went face first into the deadly spikes surronding them, killing it instantly. He sighed with relief, he wasn't so sure he was going to kill it there for a moment. He needed his hands and foot looked at.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.