1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Problems saving/sleeping

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Heironeous, Aug 15, 2001.

1. Heironeous Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Sometimes my game refuses to let me sleep/save but it will still let me move from place to place and autosaves.
    Is there any way to fix this
    I have the latest patch from the Interplay site

2. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

In city of Amn, you can't sleep in the street and illegal house right? Go and seek an inn. ;)

PS. If there are monsters around and some magic effect(cloud kill etc.) don't fade away, you couldn't sleep/save either.

[This message has been edited by Laksol (edited August 15, 2001).]

3. Heironeous Gems: 1/31

I can try anywhere.
    city forest keep
    it won't let me rest
    if you try to sleep in a city the guards wake you up
    the game just tells me
    "You may not rest at this time"
    also with saving it says
    "You may not save the game at this time"
    I move from one place to another and it keeps up so the spell still in effect is not possible

4. Marmeille Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I've experience that same "bug", the only way to get rid of it was to move to another area so the game will autosave, then quit, load that autosave game and (at least for me) all was back to normal. I have the most recent patch installed, but it still happened like 3 times this month.

5. Heironeous Gems: 1/31

thanks
    I'm glad I'm not the only one with the problem
    maybe someone will work on the problem for the next patch

I've had the same problem in BGI but it never annoyed me as much

6. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Indeed, sometimes in houses you can't sleep (find an inn or rest outside) this also happens when a hostile monsters is close to where you are, then you also can't save and sleep.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.