1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What would you pick?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Rothgar, Jul 27, 2001.

1. Rothgar Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I'm going to dual Rothgar (see signature) to a Cleric in Shadows of Amn. I was wondering if I should leave him a plain Fighter/Cleric or make him a Berserker/Cleric. Being able to berserk is a very handy ability, but is it worth losing the specialization of Slings? I really can't decide...

EDIT: D'oh signatures disabled, anyway:

Rothgar, Human, Chaotic Good, 7th level Fighter, 18/00,18,18,11,17,10, Long Sword +2 "Varscona"

[This message has been edited by Rothgar (edited July 27, 2001).]

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    You know that, as a cleric, you won't be able to use longswords anymore?

3. Rothgar Gems: 2/31

Yes, yes. He's still in BG1 sorry for that, I just copied it from my sig ;)

4. Draven Gems: 2/31

If you really wish to dual into a cleric then prehaps you should be a ranger as your first class because when you dual class him to cleric you can cast both cleric and druid spells as well as having two extra points in dual weilding for free.

5. Rothgar Gems: 2/31

I'm a level 7 Fighter already in BG1 (I like to play them through the whole series) and I will dual the Fighter at level 9, a Ranger wouldn't have much spells anyway.

6. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

What he meant is that you would have to cleric & druid spells. If you are going to dual from a fighter to a cleric, I think you should not choose the berserker. Slings are usefull.

7. Oricalcum Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I just made an half-orc fighter/cleric yesterday. He is very promising methinks.

I would use the beserker/cleric, that is just me however.

8. DemoGorgon Guest

i would be a cleric mage

9. Subra Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

I'm not sure what your progress thru BG1 is...what Ragusa and others are saying is that if your intent is more to have a cleric later in the game...dualing from a ranger is a very strong combination. You obviously cannot do this if you are not willing to start anew. Coming from a fighter to a cleric as you are, I would keep the specialization. You will not realize alot of benefit from the berserker class. The mindshield is probably the most useful aspect IMO and you will have the spell called Chaotic Commands which will do that for you. I would keep 5 stars in slings.

10. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    The main advantages of a ranger-cleric are stealth and the ability to cast druid spells *and* cleric spells.

Anyway - since you play a fighter in BG-1 I'd recommend the berserker (if you want to go for a kit at all). The rage ability is pretty useful in combat though overestimated.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.