1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Forbidden Forest Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Nicolas Hydre, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hey all,

Elwithral, Nakia and I have been thinking about continuing or branching off of the Forbidden Forest, any ideas for it? Care to join?

Copies of our PMs follow:

Nakia:

The RP I'm sorry to see fall by the way side is 'Forbidden Forest'. I really had ideas for developing the Naga Ssmiless.

Scot

Yes, Forbidden Forest was really fun, especially with Rainette and Ssmalass. Too bad Nicolas went back to high school and got too busy. Think we could make a go of it as an amphibian and a reptile out in the big wide world? We'd have to recruit some others. JiggaJay seems like he'd be game. Maybe Rainette and Ssmalass could show up in the ale house.

Nakia

Gad I even forgot how spell my character's name. My thought was that when Ssmalass sees his companions venturing out into the plains he would become so agitated that some innate magic would kick in and he would turn into a very large, very ugly human. Naked so some sort of clothing would have to be found for him.
    Maybe we could start a new RP thread "Out of the Forest" or "Strange companions", "Younglings Adventure" The last one everyone has to be young or at least inexperienced in the world. Maybe one person could be older and experienced to have someone to guide them. For some reason their original companions disappeared and they are now alone but hopefully not for long. Could be rather funny. Ssmalass the Naga would know nada.

Scot

Let's see if we can get Elwithral in it too, as Derek, I'll send a copy of these messages to him. That was a really fun RP, especially with Spider, gods was he different!

Elwithral

Oh ya, I'm game. I could be Derek, but I have some other people I wanted to develop on... one including a goblin , but yes. I don't have any ideas though.. maybe in some very tropical place? Like in the Jungles of.. that place.. I have a map of Faerun so I could look something up.

Anyone else have any ideas? I'm thinking Nicolas the boy could just sort of freeze then fade away, or maybe be caught by the bad guys in black Nicolas mentions above.

2. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Hey dudes and dudettes

Just letting you know that if you want Spider back on the scene, I am sure I could rustle something up :)

Might have to re-read the Forgotten Forest thread though just to refresh my memory

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Great Sniper, your character was good fun and I think fits perfectly with what Scot and I discussed.

4. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Thankyou :o I'll most definetly try to keep it up [ :) ]

If we are to set the story well into the future, I may make some alterations to Spider's personality. This would depend on whether he has been with the group all the way through or not.

If its short term, I'll keep him more or less the same, though I will indeed attempt to recreate the craziness :D that is Spider

5. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

This would be an opportune time for new people to join, as survivors from the fire consuming the Forbidden Forest meet on the plain and search for a new home or place to go.

6. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Can I join? I know absolutely NOTHING about Forbidden Forest though, haven't even LOOKED at it, but I need something to do. My school blocked Gamefaqs so I can't RP there anymore with my friends, so bleh.

If I can join, could someone tell me whats going on?

7. Sniper Gems: 28/31

When I joined I had no idea what was going on lol. I just ... joined in with Spider, my crazy character that i played with in another campaign

note: Full Kudos to Andy for Spider. An inspiration

8. Scot

Sure JiggaJay, join up. It started with a small boy lost in a forest, he met my character, Rainette, a grippli, humanoid tree frog, then we met a druid and a mixedblood naga, then some other people, then Spider. You could be someone who is running for their life from the forest fire now burning up the Forbidden Forest. Preferably someone/thing with little experience of the outside world. Meet us on the plain near the sea.

9. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31

lol... Little experience in the outside world? What, you guys plan on throwing "ignorant" people who have lived under a rock their whole lives into the real world?!

cool,I'm in. What kind of races are available?

10. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Welcome to the world of the naive and inexperienced, JiggaJay. When I joined up just about anything you could come up with was allowed.

To clarify things a little: Ssmalass is a full-blooded Naga who got mutated when his mother swallowed a wizard while she was carrying Ssmalass. The other naga didn't like him and laughed and called him names,wouldn't let join in any games... and also tried to kill him.

Sorry Christmas music has been on.

Oops, Elwithral and I posted at the same time. I edited mine to fit his.

[ December 19, 2005, 21:58: Message edited by: Nakia ]

11. Scot

Yeah to what Nakia said on races. Anything you can think that might have been living in the Forbidden Forest, or even just passing by, so it's wide open.

12. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31

Ok, I've made my old bunny ranger guy. He wears Bunny Ears on his head. Yep. You heard me. He is crazy. Maybe him and the retired bounty hunter guy can be old and slap their knees and tell old jokes and about the days of glory, eh?

Well, when he and your other guys leave the forest and go out into the real world, his memory will start coming back, which will hopefully add some character element.

Edit!!

Ok, I posted, but not exactly my best piece of work mind you... hehe. erm... yeah, i'll say it now, my post sucks. But I did it under a lot of stress, in the library, with everyone trying to read what I was posting (i'm kinda embarrassed about my rping habits, so I didn't want anyone to read what I was posting.

Hopefully you get the idea of what my character is like, I just based him on my own obnoxiousness and my character on Runescape.

[ December 21, 2005, 18:55: Message edited by: JiggaJay ]

13. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31

Sorry for not posting in forever you guys, Holiday stuff :)

Well, now I'm at my mom's who lives in Vegas for a week, and unlike my wasteland home I call Montana this place has internet access, so I plan to post like a madman and not sleep.

Ok, I've been really thinking my bunny guy through and I am very excited about his development, he'll adventure with you guys into the evil world, slowly get his memory back and become what he once was, and finally remember why he decided to cut himself off from society in the first place which could lead into another evil storyline involving him :)

Also, where the hell are we?! I mean, what vicinity was the forbidden forest in? Is it in Faerun? If so, can I get a location? (i.e. north of athkatla, southeast of Icewind Dale, East of Neverwinter, etc.) Or is it in Greyhawk or something? Just a question cuz I need a little heads up :)

14. Scot

We've just left the Southern Lluirwood, south of The Eastern Shaar, next to the Great Sea, in Faerun. I'll post a link to a map in a little while. Dambrath is to our west, the nearest settlement of any size is Cathyr, just south of the hills of the dead kings.

15. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31

Wow, what a slow RP. I was all pumped for Holiday vacation to post like a madman, but this....is.....so....slow.....

16. Scot

Sorry, least you had NWN to keep you occupied. Now that most people should be back, hopefully it'll pick up.

17. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31

Sorry I havn't posted ALL week, i've been sick as a dog and missed 3 days of school. OH yeah, and my parents think its a funny idea to get a divorce. This is the third one (well, officially two but that last one was pretty much one) and for the third time my life has come crashing down on me and I have to move. Oh joy.

18. Nakia

Media:
    Looks as if Spider is going to help with a problem that has been driving me bonkers. All those ssss. I do want Ssmalass to stop using so many. :thumb:

@JiggaJay, sorry you are having problems. Chin up. RPing is a nice way to escape from reality so join us as you feel able.

19. Nakia

Media:
    Thanks guys. Great pick-up of Ssmalass' dilemma.

Have we lost Sniper? His last post on the boards was 1/13 in Forbidden Forest Rp.

20. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Does anyone know what happened to Nicolas by any chance? Please, could someone give me a recap.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.