1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Forbidden Forest

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Nicolas Hydre, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    "Ssspider it iss Sssmalass. I am a friend. We have to meet Rainette. He is a friend and we have another friend named Baella, who is a pixel..er no pixie. Rainette iss getting another persson, ssomeone called Sssilly Rabbit. We are to meet by the jumm-jumm bush over there." He points at the bush.

"I don't think the Ssshentarim or Theyansss have the MGod thingy." SSmalass slowly moves closer to Spider trying not to alarm him. Ssmalass is also very nervous about all the open space.

2. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

"Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell if you are sure Spider will be alright, then let Spider and Snake lady go"

Stepping from behind the bush, Spider squints to his left and right before sprinting to Sssmalass almost barrelling into her.

"Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeell Spider is safe, you are safe ... let us find this silly rabbit to eat yes? You got fangs? lok iss?" At this point Spider opens his mouth to show his canines before closing them again "Then Spider and you will not be hungry? What eat pixie as well? Spider finds pixies so hard to catch ... until Spider uses his might magic on them! Haha! Spider is good ... good at seige weapons and good at magic ... and running! Oh yues Spider is ... where are Spider and you to go now to catch this silly rabbit?"

3. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The aged bunny man looked at the creature in front of him that had just spoken, and he looked in bewilderment at his cat who just licked her paw.

"Well, I guess fish don't talk, all i've heard them say is 'blub blub bubble bubbl' and they are usually boring and say stuff like 'mm bug' and 'mmm spawning...' so i guess you're not a fish. What is your name fair creature?"

4. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"My name is Rainette. I am a grippli. You have never met me, but my uncle, Jenluk, told me that long ago he help you defeat the green dragon that was eating half the forest. These scales I'm wearing are from it. A huge spider attacked us, then blew up, that's why the forest burnt down. Now we're all trying to figure out where to go and what to do. We'd like you to come with us."

Rainette was glad that he wasn't being attacked with a net.

5. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Baella buzzed around them, avoiding the gaze of the hungry cat.

6. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ssmalass begins moving Spider towards the jumm-jumm bush Rainette had pointed to.

"Rainette is bringing the silly rabbit to that bush. We are to meet him there."

7. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31

"Well met then young Rainette! My name is... Erm.. Huh. I can't remember! Oh well, no one has really called me by my name is a while. I guess you can continue to call me Silly Rabbit like your Uncle did, good man. Where is he now? Anyway, let me introduce my faithful animal companion, my rabbit Queen Beatrice Sofia Maribel de la Iglesia, but she likes to be called 'Gertrude' if you don't mind."

With that the bunny man gave a sweeping bow to the young grippli, while his cat gave a quick "i am a cat not a rabbit you idiot" (in cat, of course) and began purring and brushing Rainette's leg.

"Well, It seems I have nothing better to do. Of course I'll join you! Maybe then I'll remember what the hell I've been doing these past few years!"

8. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Spider, Silly Rabbit, Ssmalass, Rainette, and Baella all met by the jumm-jumm bush. After awhile, Rainette realized that introductions needed to be made and did so briskly.

The forest was still blazing, and the fire was making its way towards them over the grassy plain.

"We've got to get out of here, but there's a slimy trail that burns your skin blocking us. It's too wide for me to jump over. Should we go inland or towards the sea to find a way around it?"

9. Nakia

Media:
    "If we go to the sssea, SSSpider and SSSilly Rabbit can hold on to me while we ssswim around the ssslimey stuff. The cat/bunny can ride on my ssshoulders."

Ssmalass is still carrying the large sword as he hasn't figured out how to fasten it to him.

10. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

"Spider! Spider! Spider's name is Spider! Not S-S-Spider! Whats that? Spider is to hold on to Snake lady? Yes Spider will do that ... Spider doesn't do swimming ... never memorizes such spells to swim ... never had much cause for it see? Ha! Get it? Sea? See? ... Nevermind ... Spider is a genius"

At this, the crazed man known as Spider pulls up his trousers (yes he has been woddering about with his pants at his ankles) and jumps onto Ssmalass

"Ah Spider feels much better now ... was getting nippy ... but we use such techniques in training to prepare for the undesirable event of being attacked whilst having a ... Spider thinks you get the idea... Now Snake lady, let Spider and you be off! High Ho Snakey!"

11. Nakia

Media:
    Ssmalass swivels his head around to look at Spider and gives a hissy laugh.

"S.....Spider, I am not a lady. I know it is difficult maybe even impossible for othersss to tell a male naga from a female one. But I assure you I am male."

He turns back and progresses to the waters edge.

"Sssilly Rabbit and cat-bunny do you want to ride?"

12. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31

"Well, I don't see the harm in it, and I guess neither does Gertrude."

With that the aged bunny guy and Queen Beatrice Sofia hopped on the back of Ssmalass.

13. Nakia

Media:
    Once in the water the weight of the others was no problem and Ssmalass swam easily around the slimey stuff. Once reaching the shore the others dismounted.

Ssmalass thrashed his tail unhappily. "Ssso big. Sssso empty. There isss no where to hide." He swims along the store staring at the big open plain. The others begin to move inland. As they move away Ssmalass becomes more and more agitated. He so badly wants to go with them but the open space frightens him. He starts into the plan then back to the water. Oh, what is he to do?

14. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Baella flutters near the surface of the water and sticks her head inside, looking for Ssmalass. She spots him, swimming in circles, almost pacing, looking quite worried.

"Yooou knoooow, wweee nneed yoou out heeere!" She took her head out and sucked in a breath of air, "Iiit's nooot soo baayad yaa knnoow!"

She waited for his reply.

15. Nakia

Media:
    "No, no! Ssmalass to0 big, funny looking. Everyone want to kill Ssmalass. Oh, but Ssmalass doesn't want to leave new friends. Ssmalass be very lonely."

Ssmalass thrashes around a little. Suddenly his head pops up above water. "Shisssts. My tail where is my tail?" He pulls himself up on the riverbank but instead of a Naga, a large, naked, ugly man is lying there. Ssmalass turns on his back and sits up. (We'll skip what that looks like)

"Wwwhat hhhappened?"

16. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31

"Holy Crik-a-moleys!!" Shouted the old bunny man, the ears on his head reflecting his excitement.

"You're naked!! Oh yeah, your a human now too!!" The old man helped up the new form. "Gertrude, cover your eyes!!"

"Mmmroaaarrr." replied the cat. (I see naked things all the time, hell, i'm naked you idiot)

"Ah, yes you do. Well, then, I supposed we had better find you some clothes then!"

17. Nakia

Media:
    Ssmallass staggers a couple of steps then falls landing on his bottom. "Ooh, that hurt. How do you move on thessse ssstickss?" He stands up again rubbing his bottom.

"Clothesss? Like you have on? Human? What isss a human? Are you human?"

He looks down on himself and points, "What are thosse?" The funny bunny man whispers in his ear.

"Oh" A puzzled look crosses his face. "I don't quite undersstand."

18. Scot

Rainette was quite surprised, he was sure that he'd seen weirder things in his life in the forest, but couldn't exactly remember what would count as weirder than this. One good thing, with Ssmalass' new smaller human mouth, he wouldn't have to worry about getting eaten by him. He was talking about needing clothes.

Rainette took off his dragon scale breast and back plate and loosened the thongs attaching them together. "Here, Ssmallass, let me try to put this on you. From what I've seen about humans, they're really concerned about protecting their soft parts down here between their legs. It really hurts them if they get hit there, and other humans think it's polite to hide them. This should do both."

He adjusted his breast plate so that it covered the front part of Ssmallass' soft parts, and the back plate his behind. "There, that should do it. It won't keep you warm, but then, it won't be getting cold for a season yet. If we get into a big fight, I might need them back, but until we find you something else, it should work."

Plus, Rainette would be able to camoflague himself without worrying about the green scales staying green.

19. Nakia

Media:
    Ssmallass moved around a little., "Thank you, Rainette. This will take some getting usse to. I feel very sstrange. The air feels funny. What do humans eat? What are humanss anyway? I need to practice moving. Maybe all of you could explain things ass we move. But pleassse don't go fasst I can't move very well."

Ssmallass rather hesitantly started walking forward into the plain. It still looked scary to him and he worried about a lot of things. He knew almost nothing about the world outside the Forbidden Forest.

20. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Nicolas opened his eyes. He didn't know where he was or what had happened. All he knew is that he'd been out for a long time. As he looked around he only saw blackened, charred forest. He remembered about Rainette, Derek, and Ssmalass. Where were they? He remembered burning liquid falling from the sky. He guessed that was what had caused the apparent forest fire. So, he was all alone and the forest he had been told, in a dream, to go to was burned to the ground. He shivered as a brisk wind whipped by. He knew he had to get moving but he didn't know where to go. Just then he started to have visions. He saw the forest burning. He saw animals and trees dying. He saw Rainette and Ssmalass running from the fires. He even saw Spider running with his pants down. Then he saw something terrible. He saw Derek's body melt into the ground. With that the vision ended. A tear ran down his face but he knew he couldn't waste time crying. He had to find the others incase they were still alive. But, wait! What had happened to Kelvin and the silent killer? They must've have died in the fire too, or had they? Although knowing the whereabouts of his to stalkers was important, finding his friends was top priority.

He got up and walked out of the remnants of the forest. A voice in his head told him to go towards the shore, so he did. At the beach he saw footprints leading into the water. He jumped in. He swam where his instincts told him to go and climbed up onto the dunes. A little ahead were his friends, but as he had envisioned, Derek was not with them.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.