1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Forbidden Forest

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Nicolas Hydre, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

"Ah pleasure it is to meet you Ssmalass! Hopefully we can all be friends and work together in Spider's Seige making business! Whats this hurt lungs?"

Spider then walks over to Rainette and prods his chest before taking his hand and placing it against his ear

"Hmm ... yes ... Spider can tell that you are hurt yes? Weeeell Spider shall heal you because you show some guts yes? Spider did not watch much of the fight but by guessing that you are hurt, Spider guesses that you were fighting the Mountain Goat as well. So good stuff. Maybe Rainette asks why Spider dosn't fight? Weeeell, SPider shall tell you why! Spider doesn't fight because Spider can't fight. Look at Spider ... Spider doesn't even have a weapon"

As he says this, it becomes blatantly obvious that his axe is hanging loosely from his belt. Still saying this, Spider doesn't seem aware of it

"Now lets us look at your wounds hmm yes? Well, Spider doesn't have many ... what you call them? Blue Lights? Blue Lights? Where? Spider doesn't see any blue lights! Spider thinks you crazy! Still, Spider shall help. Spider tends to need to give much healing to people ... such is the nature of Spider's job. Sometimes, if required, Spider brings people back to life! But they say it drains them when I do that ... though I have heard that there are more powerful ways to bring people back to life ... SPider shall shut up now and help you.."

At this Spider stands up and begins to close his eyes. Mumbling to himself he reaches down and touches Rainette on the head, allowing a small amount of blue light to pass from Spider and into him, instantly healing up any wounds. However, other small bits of blue light fly off Spider as well, hitting Ssmalass, Derek, Nicolas and anyone else in the area, healing small wounds as well. Opening his eyes, Spider looks confused

"Hmm ... your not healed properly ... strange ... ah Spider understands! Spider cast the wrong spell! Spider didn't heal you massively see ... he healed many people slightly. Let us try again"

Again he closes his eyes and begins to mumble. Before anyone can react, he jams a finger up Rainettes nose, allowing a large bolt of blue energy to enter Rainette through the nostril. Inside, Rainette can feel the magic work as it begins to heal and mend his lungs. Spider then opens his eyes, finger still up Rainette's nose

"How you feel now eh? Try not too get into too many fights eh? Spider hasn't too many healing spells left and doesn't always liek burning already prepared spells into healing. Damages the Seige business see and slows it down ... but Spider doesn't mind doing so for friends ... Want to see what else Spider can do? Spider came up with theory as to how to hurt people as badly as Seige Weaponary hurts people ... Spider shows you if you want? Spider has had to use his theory to stop Seige Weapons that went wrong ..."

A tear begins to fill in one of Spider's eyes at this point. Like his axe, he has forgotten about his finger stuck up Rainette's nose. He then sighs at the memories

OOC: To those Characters that would know, Spider cast (in order) Cure Light Wounds Mass, Cure Serious Wounds.

In the post before, it was Two Cure Criticals, and one Remove Paralysis

2. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Rainette's lungs definitely felt better. It was a little hard to tell with Spider's finger still stuck up his nose. He decided it would be okay to remove it, so he gently grabbed Spider's hand and pulled his finger out of his nose.

He hacked up a little more blood, but then coughed again with no pain and no blood coming out, so he thought he must be okay.

"Thank you, Spider. I feel much better now. Can I see the picture of the mountain spider that you were drawing?"

3. Sniper Gems: 28/31

As Rainette pulls Spider's finger from his nose, Spider makes sure that he wiggles it - just to make sure that every ounce of healing magic has left his body.

"Ah Spider thanks you for that minor prediciment! Spider does admit to forgetting where he puts things sometimes! Especially when thinking out crafting Seige Weaponary! Oh yes! A bit like a day dream Spider gets except ... Spider usually turns Seige Weaponary day dreams into REALITY! And gets paid for it which is also good... allows more weapons to be built see? Anyway? Whats that about a Mountain Spider? Spider has never seen a Mountain Spider before ... only Mountain Goats! Drawing? ..."

Putting on a thoughtful expression, Spider then crosses his eyes and hums to himself for a moment before snapping back out of whatever it was that he entered and looks directly at Rainette

"Spider did no drawing of anything of a Mountain Spider! Only of Seige Weaponary! Spider was using Mountain Goat as a model for new seige weaponary where Mountain goat uses its mouth, ears, nostrils, hooves and er ... 'little winky' as cannons! Its tail would act as a catapult and its eyes would be the room where people control it! See Spider is a genius! He sees things in a different way to other people! Genius way! Except people don't see it Spider's way and call Spider crazy ... for example, Spider suggested creating explosive mud .... people thought that was silly and impossible and without gold to fund projects, Spider could not prove it to be good ... picture? Ah yes, here is the picture..."

Fumbling about his apron, he finally takes his small book from the front pocket and opens it to the inquired page. Now, the actual drawing is more of a sketch but despite this, it is easy to see how such a 'creation' would work and possibly the amunt of destruction it would cause. Also needless to mention, the amount of wood, stone and metal, let alone ammunition to be used. It is quite easy to imagine that the cost to create such a weapon would reach at least into the tens of thousands gold wise. Beaming Spider hands the book over to Rainette

"Spider shall name this Seige Weapon - The MGoD 1..."

4. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Rainette was sinking into a pit of confusion. The one thing he did understand was that many people thought that Spider was crazy, and he counted himself among them. The book was something he was totally unfamiliar with, but he had little trouble Spider turning the strange picture into a tool of destruction and death. He handed the book back to Spider.

"Thank you. That is a very interesting picture."

5. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Nicolas got up and stumbled a bit. He went over to see what all the fuss was about. He found Rainette was looking at a book. (Obviously he had no account of what just happened or what he had done) He asked Spider if he could see the book. Spider allowed him and Nicolas took a look at it. Nicolas giggled to himself when he saw where all the cannons were coming out of. He gave the book back and looked around. He gasped as he saw the huge corpse on the ground of a giant spider.

"What happened? What is this? Who killed it?"

6. Scot

"We were all listening to this big two-leg walker called Spider here talk, when a huge mountain spider started to attack us. Ssmalass and I beat it and stabbed it with our weapons, but it kept on fighting us until you slew it with a water sword. You were gravely injured, and I thought you would surely die, but Spider here healed you, and me too. Do you maybe know something that you would like to tell us about yourself? Maybe something about you having a lot of power or something like that?"

Rainette looked at the little boy expectantly.

7. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    "You did. It wass amazing. I'm not ssure what happened. But you killed the sspider, the real one. Then the man Sspider healed you."

Ssmalass shook his head. "Do thingss like thiss alwayss happened around you?"

8. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Spider looks confused at Ssmalass

"Does what always happen around Spider? Or are you speaking to someone else? All Spider heard was many people calling Spider and well, Spider was coming up with a new theory for ammunition for the MGoD I by using explosive mud for the catapult and acidic balls for the cannons. Was also thinking perhaps of having rays coming from the MGoD I's eyes but then figured that rays would not reach the target, so Spider, being the genius that Spider is, has decided that the MGoD I will have a rear defence, in the sense that the catapult tail shall raise itself, and say if people are attacking from behind, the MGoD I shall ... release fireballs from where well, if it was to be given an anatomy, its backside..."

The man's eyes whirl around for a bit for some reason, perhaps, he is saviouring his moment of geniusness or perhaps its something else. Its hard to tell. When they refocus, Spider stares blankly at the group

"Er ... what are we talking about again?"

9. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    "We were telling Nicolass that he killed the bad sspider and you, the good Sspider healed him. We want to know if he hass sspecial powerss. Who or what iss he?"

Looking carefully at Spider, Ssmalass said, "I think sstrange thingss happen around you, Spider, all the time. But then every thing iss sstrange to me."

10. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Derek arose slowly. He saw the blurry outlines of many people, and a large crumpled heap to the side of him.

"Who are you?" Derek said to them, not having any clue who he was, why he was there, or who they were.

11. Scot

Rainette hopped over to Derek. "Derek-friend, it is I, your little friend Rainette. You know me?" Derek looked at him blankly. "Sweet mushrooms, maple-sugar, Deet-deet-da-ga-deet? Don't you remember, Derek?"

12. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"UGH! What are you, you.. you monster! How do I even know Derek is my name?? Where am I?" he looked at the others," WHAT IS THAT??!!" he yelled pointing at Ssmalass," Someone tell me where, who, and what I am, NOW!"

13. Nakia

Media:
    "Derek friend, you helped me. I am Ssmalass. What iss wrong? You were hurt bad. Oh, Spider, can you help him? Something is wrong with hiss mind."

14. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"Spider! Spider where? Spiderspiderspiderspider! HeHEHHEyeashey! I will crush Spider!!" he laughed manaically.

15. Scot

Rainette took out his unicorn leg bone club and laid it on the ground in front of Derek. "I am Rainette, your friend. You are Derek, protector of the forest. You held dear White Tail in your arms as she lay dying and willed her body to us forest creatures. Touch her leg bone, and may its power bring you back your mind." He stepped back from the club.

16. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"What in the nine hells are you talking about slimy one?? Who is White Tail? I'm hungry! Forest? I thought we were in a city! Bone? Rainette? Ssmalass? What are these names? Nicolas? Spider? Kelvin? Derek? That's it my name's Derek. No.. Die Derek! No! DereKKKderekKKKdereKKK! HEHEHEHE!" he picked up the club, and examined it,"This is a unicorn! How did me know that? Me Derek? No it is a spider? Is that what we were talking about??"

17. Scot

"Hmmn, this does not seem to be working very well. Let me try something else." Rainette said. He waited till Derek was not holding the club tightly, then shot his tongue out and snatched the club out of Derek's hand. He grabbed the club before it knocked his teeth out. "Derek! What's that behind you?!" he yelled. As Derek turned to look, Rainette sprang up and whacked Derek in the back of the head with his club. Not hard enough to crack his skull, but hopefully hard enough to knock the sense back into his thick head. Then he leaped up into a tree and skittered around the trunk to the opposite side of Derek, just in case it didn't work.

18. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Derek was knocked out cold.

19. Sniper Gems: 28/31

"Spider doesn't think he could cure Derek of this ... sillyness. Spider, despite being a genius thinks that Derek here has gone crazy. People should stay away from crazy people, Spider knows ... nearly everyone that Spider meets is crazy. Take for example, practice targets for Seige Weapons ... who would in their right minds want to be target practice for creations that throw biiig rocks at them? hmm? Crazy people! Thats who!"

Spider then watches the scene

"Good thing you knocked him out. Might help knock out the craziness. And if you'll excuse Spider. Spider needs to heed nature's calling"

Pulling out some weird paper that appears relatively soft, Spider then strolls over behidn some bushes. Needless to say, certain sounds can be heard that most people will be familiar with during the course of their lives. A loud sigh is then heard

"Woooo! Spider needed that! Been holding that in since leaving the Thay ... Zhent ... yeah! SPider is surprised Spider didn't press the auto release button when the Mountain Goat came..."

20. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

"Ahh gross". Nicolas yelled as he heard these horrid sounds. "You could of walked a little farther away".
    Nicolas tried to remember what they were talking about before Spider did his business. He noticed that spider was quite gross. First the strange drawings and now this. He then remembered that they were asking about his powers. "I can't believe I killed that monster all by myself... sure things like this sometimes happen to me but not ever as severe."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.