1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Hardest enemy

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by inquisitor25, Apr 13, 2001.

1. inquisitor25 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Yeah, I was just wondering what are the hardest and largest enemies in the game?

2. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Graxx, (spelling?) and those adamantium golems (not really hard, just a pain in the ass)

[This message has been edited by IronEagle (edited April 13, 2001).]

3. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Kangaxx is who you mean.
    I still haven't defeatedhim and I'm level 19 right now!
    Though I have to say the last time I tried was level 16 and I didn't know what to do against his imprisonment, but now I do.

I'm just in Suldanesselar and I found out that (Powergamers only!) crom fayer doesn't work on Adamantite Golems! You'll have to kill them with very good weapons, and that's hard, so I think they are almost the toughest enemies there are...
    Firkraag was a piece o' cake

4. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Those demon knights guarding that piece of crom fayer were pretty tough. Took me ages until I killed them.
    And since you're wondering about the largest enemy, I take it you haven't come across any of the dragons yet. Those would be the biggest.

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited April 13, 2001).]

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    For first me it was the Ms.Thanxxx the shadow-dragon [(a)I think she´s a girl; (b) didn´t know the receipe against level-drain then - 1.time through)] until I met Mr.Firekraag soon after.

Doing the twisted rune fight was tough (Beholder/ Vampire/ Lich/ Mage IIRC) but good fun anyway.

The Kangaxx-Series was tough - especially Mr. Kangaxx himself. Doing the beholder dungeon in the unseeing eye quest without shield of Balduran or cloak of mirroring was thougn either.

6. Marek Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

the largest are obiously dragons.

liches are usually hard.

but for me firkragg was the hardest battle because i was over-confident when i first met him and had to fight him and his mage-servant together. later on, the other dragons were easier.

7. miniwoo Guest

Irenicus.

Straight Gaming, Core Rules, 5 party members.

8. Pretend Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Actually I was bit disappointed in Irenicus. The final battle.. guy was a wuss. There are lot tougher enemies around.

Such as.. Bodhi co since I didn't have no protection from level drain. Or that one guy in the Nalia's keep.. can't remember the name. ex-guard who had switched sides. Since my party was low level and the guy had a sixpack of potions which made him very strong. No spells from him, but each blow was over 20 damage. When my maincharacter had 40 HP - it was not fun at all. Had to load it several times, since the guy killed my members so fast I didn't have time to backoff and heal myself. But he wasn't big though.. a normal man. :)

9. toast Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

For me this last time through it was the Black Dragon. Twice he forced me to retreat out of his space by using his "Black Dragon Breath", which acts like a Miscast Magic, except with lots of continuous damage. Since he nailed all the magic throwers there was noone left to cast Dispel...

It huuurrtt...
    Then when coming back into finish the battle he's waiting right at the door, making for a party all jammed in together right at the door way, where any of his attacks caught everyone again. If it wasn't for the summoned earth elemental behind him laying a 50 point smack on him, we would have all been goners.

Weird because he hadn't done that in my 3 previous trips to visit him.

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Gaxx.

I couldn't get this only one until I returned from Drow city.

11. DarkAngel22 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Beggars can be NASTY when cornered.

But seriously. I am not quite done the game yet, but the harderst foe I have had to deal with so far are those spectral harpers. NOTHING seems to hit them.

12. Wildfire Gems: 23/31

Veteran

I totally agree about Irenicus - The shadow dragon took me about six attempts, but at the end, I best him second time.

Ooh yeah - those beggers could get pretty nasty :D

And that bloke who chucks a scimitar at your head in the docks district?? What is he on?? :D

13. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Kangaxx's second form is a pain, I still have not beaten him. Stupid imprisonment spells.

Multiple mindflayers are a pain too.

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Hrmm.. I think Kangaxx was about the only guy I DIDN'T fight... beginning to regret it though :/ I couldn't find all those lich locations. Hardest? Those bloody mindflayers. Beholders suck. Those mindflayers could kill with one hit, I don't even know what it was. Psionic Blast?

15. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

they drain your intelligence, and most fighters have low int, so........world of pain

and if your int reaches 0, you're dead

[This message has been edited by kevlar0101 (edited April 14, 2001).]

16. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

They attach those tentacles to your skull and devour your brain. Not a nice way to go...

17. ayecapitan Guest

chaotic commands grants immunity from psionics and then any sensible number o' illithids is quite effortlessly taken out by couple o' fighters with ranged weapons (crossbow of speed +1 or tuigan bow were the ones for me)...
    as for the mindflayer dungeon in the underdark, namely the room with a lot of flayers and some umberhulks - if ye had a cleric from the beginning, he shall be able to gate in a fiend AND cast chaotic commands on it (dun' forget to protect all o' yer people from evil) - the monster will take out flayers in a blink, they wouldnt' even damage it

18. Wildfire Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Disintergrate works a treet on the Umberhulks - especially considering they carry no items.

19. Bruce the Monk Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] the demi lich is the most dangrous enemy in the game( since he can cast imprisoment once every round for any number of times). it took me a long time to come up with a tatic that can deafeat it. not to mention the battle in the twisted rune tower.

20. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] "And if your int reaches 0, you're dead" ...Ahah! That's why Minsc would die so quickly against those Mind Flayers!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.