1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RP Triboar: The destruction

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Rotku, Sep 25, 2004.

1. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Upon arrive at the town of Triboar, our heros checked into the Northern Shield inn. While eating there, they hears a loud bang outside. Heading outside to check, they found two caravans had crashed, causing quite a mess in the streets. A member of the twelve came along and took of the fighting caravan masters to the Lord Protector, to sort things out.
    The heros (heros used in the widest sense of things) then tried to see what were in the caravans but were interupted by a young man, who warned them about stealing. Heading back indoors, the PCs asked the innkeeper who that young man was, turning out to be a rich merchants son named Rick. Sarah then asked the innkeeper who in the town would be able to track someone down for her, and was answered at Rick would be the one to speak to. Sarach contacted Rick about some personal matters.

Suddenly, into the inn bursts a man, in near tears. He, it seemed, had been attacked by bandits and all his works had been stolen. He said he would give anything to have them back, as he put his life into researching the history of some ruins. The PCs accepted it and set off. Sarah and Carcer rode upahead on horse back, while the others took thir time stroling along at their top speed.

Upon reaching the woods, Sarah and Carcer found a ruined carvan and began searching around for tracks. Meanwhile, the others following behind noticed a group of black-clothed figures following them on their side of the road. As Wemmick yelled out, warning the rest, the group disappeared into the forest. By the time they reached Sarah and Carcer, Sarah had managed to find some tracks heading to the south. After following it for over an hour, they came across a small clearing, where the tracks seemed to disappear. After hours of puzzling out where they had got to - and having traced their own tracks round and round in circles - Kreok managed to find a midden trap door, and so our hero's decended into the depths.

They found themselves at the begining of a long, torch lit corridor and started off along it. Beofre long they came to two wooden doors in the side of the corridor. Opening the first one they found a large collection of forign-like equipment. Opening the second, they found a strange man who claims he was captured by the bandits. Suddenly there was a scream from further down the corridor, and our hero's raced off to see what happened. They ended up entering a large cavern where not one, but 4 people in black religous looking robes lay dead. Inbetween the dead bodies (which were in a circle like shape) hovered some magical flame, just above the ground. Without warning, the flame suddenlt vanished. Searching the dead bodies the PCs found a book with strange writing inside and returned it to the historian, but not before getting some answers out of him.

He told the heros that he has been researching some magical summonings which would be able to answer any question the summoner had. He also said that the ruins he was researching were believed to be some ancheint ruins, with a magical power to increase the power of summoning spells.

After questioning the historian, the PCs headed off to bed - and ending the first session. I'll post todays stuff up after I have a break from the computer.... Hope this is detailed enough for you Gopher :p

2. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

(( Things suddenly make a lot more sense now! Great write-up Rotku, now get on with the second part :) ))

3. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

The next morning our heros woke up feeling refreshed and ready for a new day to begin. They headed downstairs to get their breakfast. While discussing their next day plans, they heard a loud scream from upstairs, followed by a quiet thunk. The heros raced upstairs to see what had caused the scream, and found our beloved historian's door wide open. Inside they found the room in a mess - the deck and bed flipped over, papers scattered everywhere, and two bodies lying on the floor. One of them, obviously a cleaning maid, seemed to have just fainted resently - but the other, Mr Historian, looked like he had been stabbed. Sarah quickly healed him, and then threatening with his axe Kreok managed to extract some valuble information out of him, as well as working out that the book was missing.

It turned out that his researching of the ruins was only a hobby, and really he was here try and invent a new type of summonings for his boss named "Vince", in Yartar. He choose this location as he believed that the ruins increased the power of summoning spells. Kreok also made him agree to teach the dwarf the langauge which Lonnie, the historian, had invented.

While Kreok began on his studies with Lonnie, Sarah recieved a note from Rick, saying that he had found something she may be interested in, and that he was to meet her at the Pleasing Platter, the poshs place in town. Arriving there, he told her for just 4pp that he had foudn someone who knew where the person she sought was hiding. Sarah, Carcer and Wemmik made preperations to set out, leaving Kreok behind to work on his studies. Just before they left, a young elf named Alanna said that she was also travelling north, and would show them the way to this place.

They set off, doubling up on horse back, towards the tower where this person lived. After two hours of travelling our heros arrived at a large, tall tower. Upon trying to enter the tower, a large gong-like sound echoed out, and an old man opened the door. After finding out that he was infact the man that Rick mentioned, he informed Sarah that the person she was looking for was staying in Triboar, and told her his name. Suddenly the ground shook! Carcer ran outside, to see what had happened, while the others continued talking about whether or not the old man could find [someone]. Carcer came back running, yelling that there was smoke coming from Triboar, and that this was a smoke freezone so Triboar should be fined.

The heros quickly gathered their belongings, bid the old man goodbye and headed towards Triboar. As they neared Triboar, the column of smoke in the sky grew larger and larger. Eventually, they topped the last hill, they came to a point where they could see Triboar.. or had been able to see Triboar. All that lay infront of them was ruins of a once large town, and a lot of animals.

Sarah, with her good ranger eyes, managed to pick up two figures down by the ruins, and riding at full pace, rushed towards the man and the gnome...

While Sarah, Alanna, Carcer and Wimmick were visiting the old man, Kreok continued his intese studies with Lonnie. Suddenly the wind began to pick up, and they had to move to Kreok's room, due to Lonnie's broken windows. More or less as soon as they arrived there the ground began to shake, throwing them to their feet. The next thing Kreok knew, there was a think green fog working it's way up the street towards their inn. Grabbing as many books as he could find, he herded Lonnie towards the otherside of the building, where they both jumped out of the window, Kreok twisting his ankel in the process, and began to run away from the fog.

The fog slowly grew closer and closer, gaining on them with every step, until atlast it swollowed them up. Before long, Kreok noticed a change. Looking down at himself, he noticed he had suddenly... changed. No longer was he a brave dwarf, but he had turned into a halfling! Peering across at Lennie he had noticed a similar transformation, but instead of a halfling, Lennie had turned into a big ugly orc! They continued to run, Kreok having to drag his belongings behind him, but they couldn't escape the fog. Very shortly the noticed another change, but eventually they neared the edge of the fog. Breaking out, they sat themselves down, exasted from the run. BANG! Suddenly there was a massive explosion from inside the fog, and pieces of wood and.. and everything came flying towards them, narrowling missing them. Suddenly, out of the fog walks none other than Rick. Ignoring the dwarf and historian, he summons a horse with a spell, then rides off south. Looking up, Kerok noticed two figures riding towards him on one horseback. "Sarah!" he called out.

And so ends the second part. Still have one more to post up, but don't have time at the moment

After explaining to the others what had happened, Kreok hears Carcer calling them. Turning out that Carcer had found some stairs which seemed to have escaped total ruin, the hero's decended them, in hopes that they'd be able to use them for shelter. Down the stairs they went, until they came to what was once a solid stone door. Inside a large room sat, completely blackened by soot, the only thing which was clearly visable was an altar sitting in the middle of the room. Clearing the soot away from the altar, quickly revealed a symbol of Mask. Meanwhile Alanna had made another descovery. With her keen elven eyes, she was able to pick up some red underneith the layers of soot on the floor. With Wemmick's and Kreok's magic studies they were able to realise that the red on the floor was blood, in the shape of ruins which both helped with summoning and suppilied protection for the summoner.

Realising what had happened, the hero's quickly headed south, the way that they had seen Rick travel. Before long night fell. Alanna, who it turns out is a local of the area, informed the party that the town of Westbridge (not westgate...) lay only an hour away. Deciding to continue on, they quickly arrived in the small town of Westbridge. Checking in at the Happy Halfling, the hero's were soon all asleep.

The next morning arrived sooner than they had hoped for, and ordered breakfast. While ordering, Sarah asked the halfling innkeeper if she'd seen anyone who looked like Rick through resently. The innkeeper replied that she had, and that he'd only just left, muttering something about Yartar under his breath. Without having much of a chance to eat our hero's set off, over the hill range between Yartar and Westbridge.

Against all chances of luck, they arrived in Yartar without running into any of hte many goblinoid tribes which inhabit the hills. Taking Lonnie's advise, they headed to an inn (it's name illudes me atm, and I can't be bothered looking it up), a strange underground inn, built by humans. Hiring 6 rooms for the night, all the party went to bed, apart from Sarah. Sarah decided to spend some well earned money on drinks, and ended up having to be carried to her room by an inn worker.

During the night, while all were asleep, the human ears belonging to our dwarf picked up some quiet footsteps coming from outside. Opening the door he saw a dark figure carrying boxes up the hall. The figure stopped, pulled out a knife and told Kreok to go back to bed and that he didn't see a thing. The same thing happened to Alanna later during the night, although nothing came out of it. It was later found out that smugglers seem to thrive in Yartar.

The following morning, Sarah went around the inn trying to find someone who knew... things. She eventually found someoen who was playing dice at a table, and after a few roles, the person offered to find Rick for just 40 gp, as she said that Rick wouldn't be to hard to find. Just as the heros decided to go up to the market to kill time, Sarah spotted who eles, but Rick, walking up one of the side corridors of the inn. Sprinting after him, she ended up finding him in a small office off the side of the corridor. He welcomed her warmly into the room, telling her to take a seat.

While the other heros were in the common room, wondering where Sarah had gone to, Sarah was busy questioning Rick about everything under the sun. Eventually Wemmick went in to investigate, and found Sarah and Rick talking about the ruins outside of what-use-to-be-Triboar. Before long, Rick was moving the desk aside, saying that he needs room for... something. After the desk was cleared, Rick pulled a small, glass-like globe from his desk and throws it at the floor. A big heap of green smoke poured from where it had smashed. After teh smoke cleared there was what seemed to be a hole in the air, with mountains and a long road on the other side of the hole.

[ October 04, 2004, 10:06: Message edited by: Rotku ]

4. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Wow, that's an impressive write-up. Now here's my attempt to bring the story up to date, remind myself of what's happening, and provide a shameless excuse to use this thread for strategic planning before I level up.

From the Journal of Wemmick Roentsler:

"I know not who may read this, yet I commit these words to parchment that they may testify to all that I have witnessed. Nothing I have seen in all my prior years can match the events of the past few months. Even now I hesitate, scarce believing my own recollections, fearful of discovering myself a dreamer or a madman. Alas, my previous records are lost, so I have no means to bolster my uncertain memories. Nevertheless, knowledge must be recorded, and so I pen this 'ere my memories collapse completely into doubt.

My companions and I find ourselves in a most peculiar predicament. We have come to be in the city of Yartar, bereft of all possessions and bypassed by several years of history, in the middle of a conflict that is utterly alien to us. Many irreplacable texts, which had been in the possesion of a fellow scholar have been lost. I am much shaken by this predicament, and hope whatever reader there may be shall forgive me for any confusion in my writing this may cause.

If my experiences, and those of my companions are considered as a narrative, it would be best to start in the village of Triboar. Myself, a warrior-priestess by the name of Sarah, an adventurer called Carcer, an elven ranger named Allana, and a former dwarven warrior mage called Kreok (Kreok was transfigured in the disaster and appears to be adapting well to his human form) were among the survivors of Triboar. There is much that happened there I fear to write of, even now, for I suspect that vast and sinister forces may be at work.

Following the Triboar Disaster we journeyed to Yartar, following a man with whom Sarah had had dealings. It was in Yartar that she confronted this man. The exact reason she chose to pursue him and the questions she asked are unknown to me, but I was able to witness the end of the confrontation. The man, Rick, produced a glassy sphere from a desk in the room and dashed it against the floor. By these means he was able to create a magical portal and make some form of escape - such magics can only by performed by the most accomplished of arcane practitioners - this may be a matter for further investigation.

My memory is unclear at this point. Somehow, Rick, I, and all my companions passed through the portal, and at some point Rick lost concsiousness and there was a feeling as if a sudden wind had sprung up from nowhere, but I cannot recollect the exact sequence of events.

When he awoke, Rick appeared to have no memory of the preceeding events, and Sarah observed that he was acting differently. It was not until much later that I realised the reason for this.

By some means, our party made its way to Deadsnow, although I cannot at present recall the details, and shall have to fill in when my head is clearer.

After some investigation into the informal power structure in the mining camps failed to yield the information we sought, several of my bolder companions decided to follow up claims of Wyvern attacks that had beset the town's herdsmen. Sarah and Carcer attempted to scout out the Wyvern's lair in the mountains outside town, but unfortunately alerted the wyverns to their presence. Carcer perished defending himself on the treacherous mountainside, and it was with great valour that Sarah was able to fend the creatures off and escape with her life.

Mercifully, Carcers life was restored by the druids of a nearby grove, on the condition that we investigate an abandoned mine that had been the source of much corruption in the surrounding woods. It was in that mine that the chain of events that would lead us to our present state, and the truth about Rick's actions in Yartar became apparent. Preliminary investigations revealed that the main shaft was magically protected in some manner - a spray of what can be assumed to be acid would cover all those attempting to descend. No mechanical or magical trigger was found, the spray triggered at different locations in the shaft for each descent, and riding the chain above the lift platform did not enable one to escape. Once the shaft had been succesfuly navigated the party encountered our first explorer, Sarah, who had fallen down the shaft and been thought lost. She appeared to be acting under some foreign mental influence, angrily demanding that we quit the mine, and even going so far as to physically threaten those who would argue with her. Attempts to determine the reason for her behaviour by both magical and mundane means was unsuccesful, and she had to be forcefully subdued. A brief magical aura was detected around Alanna, and given later experiences I may surmise that the entity posessing Sarah transferred itself to Alanna at the time she was rendered unconscious.

Following these experiences, we called a halt to our explorations and retired to camp outside the mine. All were troubled by visions in which a man appeared to us inside a cave, promising rewards for his freedom. We awoke to find Allanna's sleep unnatturally long and deep. Mindful of the magical aura in the mine, we took measures to restrain her in case she was possessed. When she awoke, our fears appeared to be misguided as both Sarah and Alanna showed no sign of possession. Once we were confident that was the case, we resumed our exploration of the mine.

Unfortunately, I was grievously injured in an unsuccesful attempt to determine the nature of the magical protection on the main shaft, and so was forced to wait at the head of the shaft while my companions explored. My companions tell me they discovered a civilisation built from trapped people at the heart of a continually shifting labyrinth. Apparently, the city was/is? ruled by a cult devoted to "the Hidden Lord" (whom I believe to be Gargauth, master of corruption), which controlled all magic. My only experience of this civilisation is of being captured and held in stasis by two of their warriors - capable of teleportation and other high level magic.

I was found by my companions in a temple near a cavern like the one in the vision. There Gargauth appeared to us, and offered rewards, before causing the floor to collapse, and us all to fall into a portal which sent us into this time and place and destroyed our possessions.

Alanna revealed to me that Gargauth had accompanied us since Yartar, having possesed her bow. It seems almost certain that he had possessed Rick from Yartar, explaining the sensation of movement when he lost consciousness and his sudden change in behaviour. It seems likely that Gargauth may have been summoned in Yartar (evidence of summoning rituals and an ancient summoning site nearby) and has been manipulating our acitons to bring him to the mine, where he may regain full power. It is unclear how much power he would have had to do this before reaching the mine.

Rick now appears to be our benefactor in this time, although I suspect he does not act solely out of gratidute for freeing him from Gargauth, and knows a lot more than he wishes us to know."

Wemmick looks up from the crude journal he has put together. "That's about all I can write at this time" he says. "If any of you can add anything that will aid my understanding, please do so. Or perhaps we should consider our course of action from here. Rick's money is helpful, but as Kreok has already pointed out, not enough to restore his spellbook or mine, nevermind both. Our first priority should probably be earning enough money to restore our equipment. We could hire on as mercenaries to earn enough, but I doubt that Kreok and I will be most effective lacking our spellbooks. Or then there is trade. Many goods will be at a premium in a time of war. Weapons and armour are obvious, but the raw materials would likely be expensive due to high demand as well. Possibly we could deal in medicine. The temples and official healers will be busy dealing with the seriously wounded, leaving few to prduce minor ointments and elixirs. And I'm sure the soldiers will want treatments to give them more energy, or dull pain, or whatever they can get. Alanna, did you not say you knew herbalism? And I've always wanted to learn alchemy. Is this a possibility?"

"

5. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

cool journal ^_^

6. Lord Garak Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Very nice!

7. Rotku

Great work :)
    I'll try and sum up the last session when I have time, unless one of you wish to do it. Better having it from a players point of view ;)

[Edited]

Dawn rises in the Gem of the North. Outside in the streets of Silverymoon, where our heros are staying, the streets seem quiet. None of the usual morning noises that one would expect from a city. No hawkers selling their wears; no children running in and out of the carts. Just the occasional soldier, coated in Silvery armor, riding this way or that, on some errand of some sort. One or two merchants also pass by, easily noteable by their lack of weapons. All of their eyes seem to glimer with a similar look, one which some of our heros know well. Fear.

As our heros sit in the inn, descussing their plans and taking stock of the situation, the sun slowly climbs up in the sky. After a while, all but Kreok and Carcer - both too busy drinking and talking - come to realise that everything outside has gone silent. They race to the inn door to see about two dozen Silveryknights, all mounted on armored warhorses, galloping towards the west. Following close behind them rode another rider, who seemed to be stopping every few buildings and announcing something, before riding on.

"All citizens of Silverymoon," the man cries out, as he approches. "Who are not able to, or willing to fight, must proceed at once to the Palace for evacuation, by the order of the Lady."

At that moment, a distant drum beat begins. Boom. Boom. Boom. It seems to be coming from all sides of the city, echoing down the empty streets.

Hurrying towards the palace, the heros gathered in a mass of people, nearing 100 at a quick guess. Gathered by the gates to the palace, a group of five colourfully clad people stood, all with identicle large staffs slung over their shoulders. After a while of softly talking to each other, one of them pulls something out of a belt pouch, throws it in the air, and begins to mutter something. As he speaks, a loud voice, obviously amplified by some sort of magic, booms out across the square.

"Silence! Everyone be quiet! Silent now!" As silence slowly began to come fowards, he continued, in a slightly less demanding tone. "All will need to gather in groups between 5 and 10 and proceed towards the door, in a calmly fashion. You will then be evacuated out of here." With that, four of the five mages headed through the gates.

As people begin to file into the palace, our heros tail on the back of the line. Finally entering the guilding, they are ushered towards the center of hte room, where they are ordered to link hands. Once this is done the mages begin to chat in synic.

The next thing they know, it feels like their insides are been ripped out from under them. Their feet get tourn from the ground, and they find themselves standing in darkness, on soft, wet grass.

((And I'll continue the rest tomorrow.... 4am it to early to be thinking of this....))

[ February 05, 2005, 15:50: Message edited by: Rotku ]

8. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Arriving in the darkness, questions upon questions started to cloud Sarah's mind. Where are we? Where are everyone else?

"You have many senses other than sight, use them Sarah, never panic." The sentence rolled through my mind, as one of the things I had learned over and over again, and kept me alive. Often it is the hardest tutors that we hate the most, but awe with respect later on when we see their lessons save your life. The air was fresh, praise him, however this darkness was doubtly of natural origin. A gesture and a chant later, I had my sword illuminate our destination, if just a little. In the middle of a forest we stood, and a particular set of trees told Alanna that we were near our destination. What a curious play of fate, it seems intent on holding the veil, just beyond my reach.
    We made our way by Alanna's directions, she seems very skilled in recognizing the wilds, a path that lies long behind me. The treeline came fast into sight, yet even in such a desolate place as this, we were not alone. Horsemen came riding from the direction of the ruins, four of them clad in darkness of night.
    Kreok of course, did nothing to hide himself, if ever he could, yet stood there waiting for them. I suppose dwarves be dwarves. They came to us and asked us leave, seeming intent on bloodshed should we not, but the night seemed to hide any clue to who might be victorious in such a combat, and they rode on after we agreed to leave. However landing in the middle of nowhere, heading to something destroyed and ancient in the middle of nowhere, it was hard to grasp what exactly they meant. Which way should we leave? Leave what exactly?

We journeyed on foot with as much haste as we could, the break of dawn would soon come, unless the darkness of this place would conceal that as well. Finally, we came to the ruins, or so we thought, as a small keep towered in the horizon with a camp of tents around it, and the banners of the purple-black disc of Shar heretics swayed in the wind.

A note on arrow was shot in near to us, a mysterious informer told us in dwarven we should not be fools. Rescue would not come once more, should we continue in our folly. Even though that might be true, what else can we do? That however was not the strangest event of night, but the passing of a robed figure wearing a mask that was several feet higher than ordinary man. The figure passed through the camp and before whom, the gates opened and closed to the keep as if someone of high stature, and power, for it had no guards at its side of any kind. I am not one to fear, but at the sight of this ominous shape of foreboding my mind implored me to step cautiosly. Once before I had revealed secrets to the Shar clergy, and although my memory is dizzy, I recall revealing this place to be one of those secrets.

Looking at the others, we all seem equally at loss of what course of action might be the wisest, but Bane has granted me some resolve in situations as these. Shar is one of secrets, and they're only making themselves this obvious for good reasons. I turned to face the keep again, it must have a blind spot, stationary places always have, if it be ever so little.

9. Rotku

The first light of dawn rose over the horizon. Deciding to wait until night before venturing into the keep and the ruins below, our heros set down to rest, inside the trees. Day slowly passed by, without excitment. As the sun slowly climbed its way up into the sky, our heros slept. Suddenly in the far distance, the thunder of horse-shoes began to roar. Poking his head out from their hiding hole, Carcer saw a most unexpected site. Riding towards them and the keep came - not just a small ground, but an army of black-clad riders (1500 at Carcer's guess). They rode in and made camp outside the fort, looking like they were there to stay, atleast the night.

Eventually the sun fell, leaving a cloak of darkness across the lands. Setting off again, our heros headed north-east, back to the ruins of Triboar. Arriving there they found things in a similar state as to when they left, seven years ago. Everything flattered, yet finally nature was starting to reclaim it. Grasses and mosses were starting to grow, breaking up the rubble. Searching around the grounds Carcer found little, except for the remains of the temple they uncovered before. "Down the stairs they went, until they came to what was once a solid stone door. Inside a large room sat, completely blackened by soot, the only thing which was clearly visable was an altar sitting in the middle of the room." With the magical runes and everything else left intact, our heros decided to rest there until day, before heading south to Waterdeep and on to Candlekeep. They settled down to rest again, and all slept well, except for Carcer who was haunted by dreams the whole night.

In the morning they all set off south, down the Long Road, towards Waterdeep - with their eyes constantly searchign for any signs of those black-armored horsemen.

Day turned into night, and night back into day, and our heros set off again, south down the long road.

Around noon, further along the road our heros heard the sound of horses once again, headed their direction. Continuing along the road, they soon sighted the horsemen - mounted armored men, sitting tall in their green plate mail. They apporched our heros and greeted them, seeming almost pleased. Greeting them, they spoke for a while, before saying that the heros should follow them back to Goldenfeilds, a town which seems to have held up against this army... so far.

After an hour or so ride across the countryside, they sighted a walled town, who the riders claimed only about 400 soldiers defended. Entering the gate, they were taking to where the town leaders sat - passing by something that was named the Harvest Stone along the way - a massive temple to the Earth Mother. They were greeted by a man who called himself Tolgar, who then proceeded to question them intensily about the keep and the camp and area that surrrounded it. They were then all offered rooms and went off to rest, eat and relax.

10. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

My internet connection's playing up, so I might not be able to make it tonight. This is sent from the computer lab, to which I only have access through the day (and would be thrown out of if I was caught using the facilities for a 3+ hour game.)

11. Rotku

Incase you guys didn't read your emails - tomorrow's game is off sorry.

12. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

From the Journal of Wemmick Roentsler:

13. Rotku

A golden light burst into the tomb, casting shawows along the wall. Suddenly, standing before Alanna was an old man, with a bent back - the same one that had been seen the privious few nights, while camping out doors.
    "Ah, welcome back" he said with a smile. "Good to see you again - it has been too long. I see the clothes fit you well... yes, you look just like her."
    With that he took a small step back, and looked Alanna up and down, then nodded to himself. "Yes, yes... Now all you need is some proper armour."

"But I have armour already!" Alanna cried in disagreement. "What's all this about anyway, and who are you?!"

The old man chuckled softly to himself. All with good time, dear. First we need to get you some real armour. Now, let's see.. yes, that will work. Go and visit a... friend of mine, just to the north. He should have some armour for you" And with the final word, he let out a cold chuckle, clicked his fingers together and disappeared in a golden burst of light.

And then this weeks short session we had with just Alanna and Kreok.

"Well..." Alanna said as she adjusted the crown upon her head. "No time like the present"

The heros then headed up the long stairs, out into the outside, hoping that day had come. What they did see there, surprised them. Not only had day come, but it was a brilliant day. The sun shone brightly in the sky, the wind had all died down, and to top it off, the ground glowed with the fresh snow. They then set off north, further into the great mountain ranges, in search of this 'friend'.

As the day wore on, our heros continued to climb - higher and higher. A few hours past midday, the path leveled off, heading into a big valley. Both sides of them great rock cliffs rose, throwing shadows across the snow. They continued into the valley for a few hours, before Kreok spotted something, or somethings, following them on the rocks above. Pretending not to see them, he continued onwards, ever keeping an eye on these figures as they continued to follow.

Time past slowly, but jsut as night was falling, Alanna's elven eyes spotted an unusal feature in the rocks, that even Kreok missed. A massive door, similar to the one with the tomb inside, sat on the cliff, a few feet above the snow line. Not able to find a door handle or anything, Alanna pushed against it, producing surprising results. With a loud groan, the entire door slid backwards, then sidewards, disappearing into the rock wall, revealing a set of long stairs, decending into utter darkness.

Not knowing what else to do, our heros headed down into the darkness, ready to face the unknown.

[ March 26, 2005, 00:09: Message edited by: Rotku ]

14. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

This is just amazing...

15. Rotku

As Meatdog completely failed to post anything up, here I go :p

Down and down into the darkness below, our heros decended. With each step the air around them grew colder. Atlast they reached a solid end to the staircase. Pushing against it the 'door' slided into the wall, letting in a gust of even colder air.

Alanna, with her elven eyes not even able to make out anything through the darkness, stepped out, though this door. Her feet slipped on the icy floor, only just managing to catch herself she retreated back into the staircase. Next to try was Sarah - with a Bang she slipped, her feet flying out from under her. Quickly, both Sarah and Kreok fired off light spells on their various weapons, and soon the chamber was lit. Shimmering blue crystals sparkled all over the walls, light jumping off them on all sorts of angles. Putting this amazing site at the back of their minds for now, our heros looked around them to find themselves in a small storage room, with two piles of snow lying on the floor. Sarah quickly took a frozen ice pcik from a create, then they went to open the door.

The next room was twice as large as the store room, and empty - except for yet another pile of snow, and three other doors. Alanna, in all her wisdom, leaped fowards into the room, not only setting off an alarm, but also springing a trap, which shot a Ice Web into the room. Sarah tried to hack her out, only to get herself trapped. After a bit of thinking, with the coldness obviously affecting Sarah, Kreok came up with a solution. Muttering a few words under his breath, he fired a flame spell, melting the ice web and freeing his companions, although leaving them with a new burn or three.

They continued onwards, through the dark, cold chambers. After a while, they came across a small door, which had obviously been hidden in the wall. They slowly opened the large ice door and peered through. The room through the door seemed to be a large wizards lab combind with an icecarving studio. Two large armored bear like creatures stand in the middle, seeming completely unaware of our Heros. As Sarah steps into the room, the creatures both let out a roar and charge the intruders. A vicous battle follows, in which our heros narrowly emerge victorius. After a bit of patching up, they continue onwards.

After exploring a few more rooms, they opened a door to see none other than a large white dragon staring at them. ....

((Will finish later. Too tired now...))

[ April 30, 2005, 15:07: Message edited by: Rotku ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.