1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pirates of the Sorcerean II

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Aikanaro, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Eldon paced the lower deck anxious to have his feet back on dry land.

"Lamira didn't seem a bad sort, but she has a wickedness in her eyes"

The time was nearing for them to depart. Earlier he had given LeVarde a knowing nod, a means of a goodbye without the difficulties of words.

The seas were slightly rougher now, with waves splashing against the side of the ship. "It will be a difficult trip if we set out too far from shore"

With his thoughts in order and a decision to give Lamira some time to prove herself, Eldon collected his booty, two cotton bags containing gems and 52 pounds which he had gained in the raid. He gathered his two blades as well - his trusted katana, which he slid into its scabbard on his back and Gisors , the blade set to perform the killing stroke to all those who betrayed him.

When Eldon reached topside, he noticed Percival looking a bit impatient. Eldon began to chuckle to himself... "Never was one for waiting"

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    With the three slaves loaded into the Longboat, Percival waited for the ship to get a little closer to shore before putting off. Looking up, through the salty spray, Percival noticed his friend approaching.

"There ye be Eldon. Almost time it be, and this cruise be underway."

Percival was practically hopping from foot to foot in anticipation.

"I guess I was never one fer sitting about, not when there was gold to be made. Lamira should be here soon too. As soon as she is, and the shore is a bit closer, We'll put off."

Turning his eye towards the slaves, he observed their movemnts. One looked shell shocked, and another seemed to be plotting. All reasonable reactions, but Percival was surprised to see a grim determination on the last slaves face. Kraine he believed it was.

"That last slave there be giving me pause. He'll sell well, but there be something about him.... No matter, almost time..."

3. Malovae Gems: 18/31

Eldon looked over the three slaves. He agreed that this Kraine would sell well but he had a look that was not quite right.

"A little shifty for my liking" he whispered passively.

Looking to Percival he continued "Tis a shame we have to rely on a stranger to follow such an important task on shore". Eldon closely watched Percival's reaction, knowing he was not expecting the question so soon. "Do you trust her?". Of course, Eldon already knew he didn't but wanted to see if the old man had any plans.

4. Takara

Media:
    "Eldon, I trust in one thing: Greed. She'll do whatever gets her profit. Right now, that be helping us, but I'll be wary. Even so, I tell you now, she wont give us everything she finds, you can be sure of that."

Percival chuckles to himself.

Thieves are all the same. She'll keep something behind, they always do.

"Dont worry lad, I've been in this business a long time, I'm not stupid."

5. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Lamira groaned as she made her way up to the top deck. She patted her stomach lightly, which was full with the delicious food that the cook had prepared for dinner. She wasn't too sure how long their trip would last, and she was more then positive that the provisions that the McSween and Eldon took along wouldn't be as delectable, so she figured that she should eat all that she could without making herself sick.

Once she got up on deck, she glanced around a bit, searching for her partners, if she could even call them that. Parnters might be too tight a term for them. Perhaps they were just men that maybe had the same interests as she did. Even that she couldn't be sure of, but it was no time to second guess things. She shook on it, with both of them, and while they may not understand her code of honor, she would still live up to it. She knew that they didn't trust her, but she couldn't care less. She didn't volunteer her services for their trust anyways. Lamira saw it as her ticket off this god-forsaken ship, and if she had to do it all over again, she would. Besides, she didn't trust either of them as far as she could throw them, though she supposed the same couldn't be said for them because they could probably throw her quite far.

She grinned when she spotted Percival and Eldon, apparently waiting for her, anxiously it seemed. Lamira chuckled as she walked over to the pair, smiling innocently yet deviously. "Gentlemen, you'll have to forgive my tardiness. That cook down there prepares meals fit for a princess!" Lamira giggled softly, keeping the true reason for her tardiness to herself. Heh, what they don't know won't hurt them, she thought to herself, lightly patting one of her heels against her boot, which concealed a fairly nice chuck of coin and gems pilfered from the unsuspecting pirates that she would never see again, and her insurance, a dagger, just in case her cohorts ever tried anything that would result in her bodily harm.

"So? I've indulged myself enough on this wonderful little ship. I'm ready and eager to depart! Shall we go, Percival? Eldon?"

6. Takara

Media:
    Glancing at the steadily looming coastline, Percival judged that the distance was easily manageable in the longboat. Turning, he gave an appraising look at Lamira, "By all means me lady." Throwing a charming smile her way, they all enterered the craft.

Being lowered into the sea, the boat rocked from side to side. Salty spray lapped up the side, and the boat creaked heavily under the impact. Planting the slaves at the oars, Percival commanded they row their hearts out.

As the Small boat cut through the waves, Percival watched the steadily approaching coastline. Turning to his fellows, he grinned. "When we be gettin' ashore, we'll have to make some definite plans. It'll be night when we get there, and I propose doing the breakin' in tomorrow evenin'. And we'll get to appreciate Lamira's art. I'm sure ye wont be disappointing us."

7. Malovae Gems: 18/31

"We'll need a place to stay, somewhere private, where we can do 'other' things." Eldon looked to Lamira to clarify. "Ye don't have to worry lass, 'other' doesn't involve you." Eldon knew that his new companian had nearly been a victim of rape and the last thing he needed was a misguided knife in his back, in what she would no doubt call 'self defense'."

The small longboat was a rocky ride. The slaves Percival had taken took some time to work into a fluid movement but when co-ordinated, they made good time. Although the seas had calmed somewhat, the unrelenting salty spray still hurled itself at the passengers. Lamira in particular seemed pained by this, her wounds were still not healed and the salt must have made them agony.

As the shore got closer the tempo of the rowers increased. Eldon chuckled at the thought of one of them trying to escape.

"How it must be to be a slave?"

Eldon had always been a free man, he knew that these prisoners were only slaves because they were caught committing crimes or were simply on the wrong ship. Easily a fate he could wind up in. One day he could be a slave, not a pleasent thought. This only strengthened his conviction to follow on, in de Gisors footsteps.

8. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31

Lamira shivered visibly, bringing her knees into her chest and wrapping her arms around her legs in an ill-attempt to ward off the cold sea air and stinging water. This was most certainly not her idea of travel. She would much rather have actual unshakeable ground and dirt underneath her then the completely unpredicatable sea that bounced her to and fro at will.

But, if Lamira was anything, she was stoic. She wouldn't let these pirates see her pain, to see how much her muscles throbbed from every lurch of the unsturdy longboat. Weakness was not a thing that Lamira particularly indulged in, and with two men who could be looking to take advantage of her in any sort of way, she needed to show them that to mess with her would be to court death.

She had barely heard Percival and Eldon's chattering above the splashing waves and the chanting slaves to remain rowing in unison, but managed to pick up on the gist of the conversation. "Not to worry, Percival," she yelled, making sure that her voice could be heard over the sea. "Disappointment is not in my repertoire. As for lodging, I've not been to this port before. We'll have to see if my friends are well known here. In any event, it's best not to think on that. We'll find something, I'm sure."

9. Takara

Media:
    Looking over at Lamira, Percival spotted that we was shivering in the cold air. "Yer obviously not used to the sea, and her cruel bite."

Taking off his jacket, he gave it to Lamira to keep warm. "I got used to this harsh mistress a long time ago, ye keep yerself warm. We're nearly to shore"

Looking back toward the rapidly growing coast, Percival listened to the creak of the boat. The spray rose up the sides of the boat, and he could pull out the unmistakable smell of seaweed in the air.

10. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31

Lamira smiled softly as she accepted the coat and immediately wrapped it around her body graciously, her shivering lessening considerably. "Thank you, Percival, and you are correct. I do not travel by sea, I have no need to. You know, you aren't so bad for a pirate. It will be very interesting working with you."

She giggled as she looked out into the sea, sighing softly and admiring the way the stars' reflection glistened upon the water. "Although, it is very beautiful and relaxing. Will you miss your ship? After this business is done, will you ever go back to it?"

11. Takara

Media:
    Sitting down beside Lamira, Percival sighed. Looking out across the water, he felt.... almost at peace.

"I've spent me whole life on the waves. Was born on it, and grew up on it. I look out there and I see me home. I dont be knowing where the Black Wind goes after this, but I'll miss her, more than ye could ever know."

Thinking to himself, he started to chuckle. "Dont be thinking I'm not so bad fer a pirate. Ye havent seen me.... business side. I can be a cold one when need be, and as bad a pirate as ye could dread to meet. But that's fer me enemies, not for my partners."

Standing back up, he looked over at Eldon. Noticing the man watching him, he shuffled over to the slaves and barked orders at them, so he didnt feel as embaressed.

12. Malovae Gems: 18/31

Eldon's observed Lamira's pain with curiosity. She must have been in sever hurt still, but she hid it as best she could. He knew she was trying to hide her weakness, though it would not be weakness to admit pain in his eyes, he knew others may have taken advantage of it.

This ones got sharp wits, but she won't get the better of me. Still, her situation on the ship led her to blackmail, I have to admire her for getting herself back on her feet.

Eldon was so caught up in his thoughts he had not noticed one of the slaves staring at him. Kraine had a sinister look about him, and he did not look too pleased to be rowing. Even so, Eldon could see anticipation in his eyes.

I wonder what he is planning? he wondered

13. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

OoC: I'm not sure if Louen and Jasperre were aboard, I'm sure the ships at shore, so i'm playing this as their second meeting.

Louen stood aside as Jasperre sat down. He had switched clothes with Louen and they both looked in better fitting.

"Admittedly, it will be strange for me to be taking orders again. However I do have an urgent need to be away from this city. Certain characters believe I am now indebted to them - fabricated beliefs of course," he said flashing a full set of teeth "but never the less, Louen and myself cannot handle this on our own. A low profile and hiding upon your ship until we are underway and you have yourself a quartermaster... well, until I can come into the market, as they say, with a tub of my own again." he winked, and swung his feet up on the table fully intending to stay put in the comfy seat for a while.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.