1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pirates of the Sorcerean II

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Aikanaro, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Upon entering the captain's cabin, Percival noticed how the crew were wary of the Captain. Perhaps because hehad been absent for the fight, when he should have been aboard the ship. Regardless, he took his seat near the doorway.

turning to the captain, he said, "Before we discuss new buisness, there is some book keeping to be done. When we are clear of the wrecks here, i'll be wanting to go through all we took off the Wave Crest, and Charlaine. Then I'd be likin' an area we can put in fer repair, and to sell our slaves. After that we can share the proceeds amongst ourselves and the crew, like it says in the articles. If'n we dont, I believe the crew could become restless, and I wouldnt be blamin' 'em. They fought hard today, and deserve to see some reward."

2. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    "Well yes," Pierre said. "That's exactly what I was planning." he pondered a while. "I want to make a speech in an hour. Tell the cooks to make them a small feast, and then I'l announce the directions and whatnots. By the way, that fellow in black cloak? He wants to strike a deal with us. I'll talk to you about it later. Go round up the crew and cook."

3. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

William made a headcount on his boat, as the Crimson Dagger was sailing around scooping up survivors that had any reason to be saved.
    "79.. and I suppose there be a lot on that other boat as well."

Idly rocking back and forth, the Dagger waited and the crew could feel the exciting anticipation of their captain walking up and down. Several minutes lasted before all of the Charlaine was below sea level, 'cept for the mast and still no sign of them.

What's keeping them..

"Starboard side captain!" came a shout, and everyone turned around to look. And truthfully enough, Taylor and Roger came swimming back with a sealed chest. As they were helped up, William laughed and greeted them having one of the pirates kick up the chest that revealed a lot of golden coins, but also a small chest inside.

William quickly picks it up and enters the captains cabin with a few trusted men.

4. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jacques stood on the dock, double checking the scrap of paper in his hand. With a change of clothes and a haircut, he could more or less pass unnoticed - but le Beau didn't seem to want to take the chance of their being seen together. He'd given him the paper though - the names of two ships run by "good friends" - the Black Wind and the Crimson Dagger, but the ships appeared to have sailed a long time ago.

Jasperre was a funny one - all that effort to disguise himself, the help he'd given to Jacques...and then a hasty dismissal...can't be too careful in this game....but then again, Jasperre had seemed awfully keen to get rid of him. Perhaps the ships had never existed at all...

5. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Eldon paced the deck of the Balck Wind, waiting for Percival to emerge from the Captains quarters.

After some minutes he emerged, slightly pleased with himself for some reason. A quick smile spread across there faces. "Would now be a good time for me to introduce myself?" Eldon said passivly, looking at the dark cloaked man neaby.

"Aye, follow me" replied Percival.

As he showed Eldon toward the Captain, he noticed the cloaked man becoming impatient.

"Be with yer soon, sir" said Percival in a friendly tone.

6. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Zillah slouched in the corner of the Captain's cabin until Percival left.

"You'd best watch that one," she said bluntly, "and the friend that he brought on board, as well. I don't doubt that they're both capable sailors, but they've also managed to take charge of the crew. If you don't set yourself up as the real captain of this ship, you'll find yourself being choked by the chain of command."

7. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Pierre frowned. "Yes, I know. I need to watch over him. Still, I don't think he has it in him to betray me. Regardless..." he sat down, and motioned Zillah to do so to. "...that's not why I asked you here. You see, I've been thinking about telling erm...who you are to Percival. That would ensure he doesn't find out on his own, because if he does, others risk knowing. Now, on the other hand, if he knows for sure he could use it against you. Threats, and such." Frowning again, he stood and paced around the room. "So...you would either have to avoid him, or tell him and then trust him not to tell anyone. It's your choice, I suppose."

8. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    "Having seen what he's trying to do to you, I can believe he'd like to be able to use me as a weapon against you." Zillah sounded annoyed but resigned. "You're right, I'd best blunt that weapon as soon as possible."

She stood to leave. "I'll try to sway the hearts of the crew in your favor with some well-chosen songs, but there's only so much I can do."

9. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    "Thanks, Zillah." Pierre said. "I appreciate it."

After Zillah left, Pierre sat in his room, alone, and took out from one of his pocket a golden-plated watch. It had stopped a long time ago, yet Pierre still kept it. On the back, the initials "K.H." were engraved.

Pierre sighed, throwing the clock on the table. Frustrated, he thought about Tom, and the last word he spoke.

"Traitor."

He killed a lot of people tonight. Former friends. Soldiers just doing their job. They really didn't deserve to die, especially at his hands.

I need to leave that life behind, in the past, and accoustom to my new life.

Sighing again, he left his weapons on the desk, and tried to make himself look slightly more presentable to the crew.

10. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Lamira looked around at her new surroundings extremely cautiously, wondering where her ill-fated journey would take her next. She snickered to herself, rubbing her sore wrists where those horrid shackles had her bound, and thought to herself that out of all the ships that she could've been assigned to, fate made it so that she would end up on one that had been ransacked by bloodthirsty pirates.

Truly, the battle had both been a blessing and a curse. She was estatic that she had been freed by the pirates, for Lamira was sure that those shackles would've ripped the skin from her wrists and ankles if they had been kept on any longer, but she hadn't been armed, remembering that one of the pirates had actually laughed at her when she requested a weapon and was then left to fend for herself.

Once she had made her way from the brig to the deck, she had wished that they had never freed her. Lamira would've easily preferred to a life of submission and servititude to the ghastly scene that she stumbled upon. She shivered to herself, remembering all of the blood and scattered body parts that were strewn about on that ship's deck. She had almost lost her composure, and did the only thing that she could've done, considering that she had no weapons to stave off any attack from either the pirates or sailors. She had hidden behind a forgotten stack of crates and merely waited until she heard that huge, unforgettable boom of a cannonball ripping through the hull of they oh-so fragile ship.

She was amazed that she had managed to board one of their row boats without too much complaints and sailed away safely. But that was then, and this was now. Lamira didn't know if it would've been better for her to die on that ship, or to live on this one, whom she'd heard had been called the Black Wind.

Lamira tried her hardest to remain inconspicious. She knew that they hadn't been that long out at sea, and hoped that no one would notice her until they got back to a port where she could slip away as if she were never there. She had thought that if she stayed away from the main group of the celebrating pirates that she wouldn't be accosted by any of them. But those hopes faded immediately when she saw two of them staring holes into her, one of them even having the audacity to lick his lips hungrily at her.

Lamira groaned to herself, wondering if she had moved out of the frying pan and into the fire.

One of the pirates inched closer to her, chuckling at his apparently good fortune. "Heh, ya look a little lonely there, miss. Why don't ya come on o'er here with me and my good friend here, we'll warm ya up real nice!"

Lamira almost gagged but managed to find the strength to keep her composure and aloofness. She looked shortly at each of the men in turn, and then leaned against the railing, looking out into the deep, azure sea. "No, thank you, gentlemen. I like the cold."

The other pirate guffawed loudly as he spat on the deck, wiping the spittle off of his scraggy beard. "Heh, looks like we got ourselves a high and mighty wench! Look 'ere, girly, we asked ya right and good, now we're telling ya! We've got a spot all picked out below decks for a nice lass like yaself, so don't struggle or it'll go worse for ya."

The first pirate chuckled as he grabbed ahold of a menacingly looking knife that was wrapped around his waist, brandishing it quickly before sheathing it once more. "Heh, speak for yaself! I like it when they wiggle like a fish!"

Lamira gasped in disgust at the vulgarity of the pirates and hastily made her escape, walking away, trying to put as much distance between them as possible but found that there was no escape for her.

The latter of the two caught her by her hair and sniffed at it obscenely. "I like the way ya smell, wench," he whispered heatedly into her ear, sliding his other free hand down her sides, "and the way ya feel. Now, hold tight, and don't fight, ya might actually enjoy this."

"Never," she cried out as she brought her fist down as hard as she could into the man's groin, satisfied at hearing his howl of pain as he collasped down to the deck, releasing his hold on her hair. But, just before she could run off, the first, forgotten pirate reached out, grabbing her by the wrist and slapping her soundly across the cheek, ripping a pained cry out from her throat.

"Heh, that's it, lass, fight me off! Makes it all the more enjoyable for me," he laughed as he reached down, picked up her huddled, shaking form and hoisted her over his shoulder in conquest, as he carried her below the deck, maneuvering the passages of the ship, stopping once he found a rarely visited storage room.

Lamira screamed as she beat down on the pirate's hulking back with her fists, but got nothing in return but a slap on her rear. "No, it can't end like this, it can't," she told herself before reaching over and yanking hard on the pirate's hair.

Her captor howled and grunted before slinging her roughly over his shoulder, banging her body down on the floor and kicking her soundly in the stomach. "Ya stupid wench! Now, ya done it! Ya could've had a decent time with me and my partner there, but now I've a right mind to take ya and leave ya here for whoever wants ya to have ya next!"

Lamira groaned softly, turning over on her side, coughing involuntarily from the blow into her stomach, her head reeling from hitting the hard, unforgiving wooden floor. She tried to crawl away from her captors with all the strength she had left, but was only rewarded by the pirate grabbing her ankles, forcing her legs akimbo and slapping her so hard across the cheek that she felt that her teeth had all shattered in her mouth. She gazed up at her captor with glossed-eyes, and the last thing she saw was his ugly face grinning over her in victory.

[ July 11, 2004, 09:18: Message edited by: DarkGoddess ]

11. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Pierre had been wondering around the ship quite aimlessly, mostly getting to know the crew, when he came across the storage room. As he walked past, he heard a loud noise of fist pounding on flesh, and then a woman screaming.

Pierre frowned, and realized that he only had his blunderbuss as a weapon.

This isn't good, he thought, as he pondered on what to do. To go in may possibly spell his own death. But if he left, he probably would regret it for the rest of his life. Sighing to himself and asking why he makes all those decisions, he kicked the door open after making sure nobody was present.

The two pirates turned around, surprised, and then noticed that it's their captain. One of them tried to grin. "Ey there, cap'n, ye want some o' this as well?"
    "Let her go." Pierre said quietly.
    "'scuse me, cap'n." the other man said, letting Lamira go to close the door behind them. "But what kind 'o a bloody pirate are ye if ye don't even rape the woman?!"
    "Yeah," the other agreed. "Percival be a much better pirate than ye!"
    "I plunder, but I do not rape, nor will I allow it." Pierre said evenly, drawing his blunderbuss and pointing it at the first man, who is still holding Lamira, 's head. "Let her go."
    "Or what?" the grurffy man sneered, and spat on the ground. "Ye gonna shoot me with that gun o' yours? It's bloody against the law t-"

BANG.

Lamira screamed as the pellets rammed into the man's face, throwing him against the wall. The other man Arrr! ed ferosiously and charged at Pierre with a rusty dagger. Pierre managed to dodge a few strikes before taking a slash in the arm. He cried out in pain, and attempted to punch the man back, but it was no use. The man soon had him pinned to the ground, dagger to his throat.
    "Cap'n LeVarde, mate, I'm sorry I have ta do this." he said with a smile, and Pierre isn't quite sure if he is sorry at all. "After ye die, we'll pronounce Percival cap'n, and then we'll sink yer body to Davy John's locker. Farewell."

The dagger inched closer to his thraot...

[ July 11, 2004, 09:32: Message edited by: Deathmage ]

12. Takara

Media:
    Walking along the corridors to the crew berths, Percival heard the sounds of weapons fire. Bursting into a storage room, he encountered a pirate standing over captain LeVarde. Also hiding in the corner was a lass, looking extremely frightened.

Letting out a chuckle, he turned to Lindy, "looks like ye poached yerself a mighty prize there, Lindy. But we dont want to be spittin' the Cap'n here. It be somthin' the whole crew can enjoy."

This good news made Lindy relax, and striding over to him, Percival kept a smile on his face. All of a sudden, he delivered a blow to the man's ribs. He then followed up with a puch to the man's face that rocked him on his heels, and sent blood flowing from his broken nose. As the man slumped to the floor, Percival followed up with a savage kick to the mans stomach, making him retch.
    "If'n ye wanted to be havin' some fun, ye shpuld've asked me permission. Yer actions contravene the articles of piracy and betray this here crew. For that ye will be punnished."

Helping LeVarde to his feet, Percival told him to guard the prisoner. "Keep him alive and locked up. If ye harm him, the crew will turn on ye. As quartermaster it's me role to punnish this man. He'll swing from the yard arm fer this. I'll see that the crew feels this way to."

Grim faced Pierre marched this traitor out of the room.

Turning to the lass, Percival found compassion creeping into his old heart. Picking her up, he carried her to his cabin. Tending her wounds, he remarked, "Ye'll be safe here lass, I wont let any thing hurt ye. Ye remind me o' someone I knew a long time ago, and I'll not hurt ye. I've some unpleasentness to take care of, but look fer me, if ye need anything."

With that, Percivalstrode off to speak to the crew.

[ July 11, 2004, 11:07: Message edited by: Takara ]

13. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Turning back, Pierre tossed Lamira a set of keys. "Find a room...then give me the extra keys." Without a word, he dragged the pirate bugger away, and then proceeded to wait for Percival to alert him when to talk to the crew.

[ July 11, 2004, 11:32: Message edited by: Deathmage ]

14. Takara

Media:
    Gathering the crew up on deck, Percival proceeded to lay things out for them.

"Some of our brethren have taken it upon themselves to break the articles of piracy. As you are all aware, article 9 states that no man shall force himself upon a woman, especially not with the consent of the Cap'n, master, or crew. After this he then attacked his Cap'n and suggested mutiny!"

Surveying the deck, he looked at each hand in turn. "Furthermore, by taken this lass for himself, he broke rule 2, by keeping her away from his fellows. I put it to ye, that this man be punnished by his crew. For Mr. Lindey I will recommend hanging, since his is a crime of mutiny, and secret keeping."

With that Percival stood back and let the crew decide. Shortly the answer came back: hanging it was. With that decided he brought matters to the current. "Now, yer cap'n wants to talk to ye, and I suggest ye listen. Ye may not have battled under him, but you'll listen to me. He be a good Cap'n and seaman, and he's got me support. If'n ye dont agree, ye can join Mr.Lindy and swing with him."

With those remarks, he gestured for Captain LeVarde to adress the crew.

15. Malovae Gems: 18/31

Eldon stood at the back of the crowd, somewhat detached from the mob. He noticed a few brief glances from the men that stayed on board during the battle. He could't make out if it was respect or hatred - a pirates face seems to have only two expressions, verging on disgust or anger and the face of glee.

In his encounter with LeVarde, he decided that he was of sound mind and ability to warrent the position of captain, and Percival seemed to regard him highly.

"He better lead the crew next time" he thought.

Eldon walked below deck. Hanging a man for rape was a good enough reason, but he gained no thrill from watching the life of a man drained from his twitching body.

As he made his way his eyes fixed upon Matty, there was something odd about the boy which he could not fathom. Perhaps it was the stance, or maybe the way he walked.

"No matter" he thought again deciding not to give it too much scrutiny.

16. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Lamira sighed as she flopped down on the small, meager cot that was stuffed into a corner of the cabin. She gently ran her sore fingers over her face and stomach, wincing slightly at some of the sore spots. She shook her head to herself, thanking the fates that there wasn't a mirror around. She would hate to see how swollen and ugly her face would surely be. But, her profession did call for a certain aspect for anonymity, though it would hard to remain inconspicious if her marks noticed the heavy bandages around her face.

She grunted as she slowly laid down on the cot, taking care not to aggrivate her aches and pains any further. She let out a ragged sigh once she felt her body relax against the deceptively soft cot and let her mind drift off into thought on how in the world she got herself caught up in this situation. Although, no matter which way Lamira twisted and turned the possible outcomes, it all stemmed from the same place, from when she decided to leave the security of her home and become a thief.

It was the adventure that she craved, the spontaneity, the unknown. When she was at home, at the cushy estate that was to be hers when she was 21, Lamira knew what was expected of her. She was to marry, become a wife, and take care of any offspring she might bear. She also knew that a life of conforming was not the life she wanted, and despite her parent's wishes, she left, to make a name for herself.

At first, she thought that she would become a performer, to dazzle the masses with her natural sleight of hand acts. But, even that didn't hold her interest for long, and it wasn't until she had met a certain someone, an acquirer of lost goods, he had called himself that her life would be forever changed. Lamira remembered the lift, with a smirk on her face. She remembered when her soon-to-be mentor had tried to take the ring that was around her finger. It was subtle, a little bump, and then she felt the cool ring effortlessly slide from around her digit, then there was his apology, attempting to cover the theft up, to make her think that nothing happened. She was entirely too smart for that, and had repaid him in kind when she used her womanly charms to pick his pocket.

"And the rest was history," she said, smiling wistfully at the fond memory and at all the great experiences that had followed. Lamira let out a small sigh, wiping the tears that were brimming in her eyes. She couldn't show weakness, not aboard this ship of hardened pirates, who couldn't give a care as to what happened to her, with the expection of the two that had rescued her from a most certainly grim fate. The captain and his quartermaster, she recalled, shifting around on the cot until she was more comfortable.

Lamira knew that maybe she had some allies and shouldn't squander the opportunity she had been given to return back to the mainland and join up with her fellows once more. Perhaps if she struck a deal with either of the men, maybe they could find a use for her skills, and forget about the obvious ones, the ones those other pirates had tried to take from her without her permission. It wasn't much, but it was certainly better then the alternative, being sold as a slave, becoming a slave to this ship, or dead. "Thieving's gotten you this far, girl. Let's see where it can take you now."

17. NaeVa Banned

[ July 15, 2004, 16:31: Message edited by: NaeVa ]

18. Malovae Gems: 18/31

Eldon's bedding was rough but decent enough for a recently acquired ship. He had been thinking of his position on the crew since the battle. He could no doubt fill a place of responsability but did he want it? As he lay down the boards below him creaked and moaned. Peering through the gaps in the hull, he could see the waves thrashing about against each other and splashes up the side of the ship.

This ship needs to be re-outfitted he observed.

Maybe I'll ask the captain what he thinks....no, I'll ask Percival to recommend it.

He could hear the cheers and song from up topside. A pirate's life was never one he had envisioned but it slowly became more and more so, with his old captain de Gisors dabbling in piracy and now following a full time pirate crew. Eldon picked up Gisors "This was to bury itself into the heart of the messenger" he whispered... "has the chance been lost?"

Despite his overwhelming disappointment of the way things had turned out, his mind was slowly returned to more immediate matters.

"I don't want an official position" he continued whispering as if a great weight had been lifted.

He looked over to his own sword, his katana, leaning against a stool. His thoughts whirled around his head, twisting to an inescapable conclusion.

I'll work for the captain in shipping raids and with Percival in 'other' onshore endevours to build a small fortune. Just like de Gisor's in his youth

A wide smile crossed his face. Lying there on his bunk, Eldon decided to get some rest, he would be of little use for a couple of hours whilst he was tired from battle and next to no sleep during the night.

Just a few winks

19. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Slowly, Pierre advanced to the helm of the ship. Coughing slightly, he saw most of the crew gathered on the deck.

Raising his hand a mite to enhance effects, he silent swore at himself for having to make a speech.

"Friends, pirates, buccaneers...lend me your ears." he begun. The crew began to chatter amongst themselves.
    "Bucan what? What'd he say?"
    "Buck-a-nears. They're a type of pie."
    "As some of you will know, my name is Pierre Cedain LeVarde. I, ah, apologize for not being on the ship to direct you, but I trusted the quartermaster Percival McSween -" and here he gestured at Percival - "To carry out my orders." he cleared his throat for better effect, pleased to see the crowd listening. "The rules of my ship are simply the natural laws of piracy. Specifically, I would like to state that I do not tolerate rape, as there are a few female slaves and such aboard the ship. Anyone who tries to do something like such would be dealt with swiftly and harshly."

"We are currently headed for Port Quinn, where the ship will be sufficiently repaired and supplies will be purchased, and so on. Several jobs on the ship are currently open, and you are welcome to apply. Talk to me about it."

"And I see here that the feast is ready. Enjoy."

With that, he walked off the helm and helped himself to a good glass of wine.

20. Takara

Media:
    The feast was a happy afair. Those who had survived the battle were enjoying themselves, and looking to commemorate the dead.

Making way to the bar, Percival got himself a mug of rum. Then began to circulate through the pirates on deck. He exchanged backslaps, and words with everyone he came across.

[ July 12, 2004, 15:48: Message edited by: Takara ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.