1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Xzar's Quest

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Gwyddyon, Jul 30, 2001.

1. Gwyddyon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Before I actually go through with the quest (I've started it in previous games, but never finished), what are the results? I'm specifically wondering about how going up against the Harper's affects the Jaheira romance (Which I'm a little ways into, she's talking about Tethir,etc.)

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Don't worry about going up against the Harpers for Xar's request; you'll see why as soon as you complete it.

3. garathorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

exactly xar gets his ass wooped by an assasin placed in the harpper head quaters

4. Acemandoo Gems: 3/31

I wanted xzar to live through that, i spent ages attempting to kill the assasin beforehand, but i cant seem to manage it. Has anyone else had this idea?

5. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I don't think it's humanly possible. For one thing, the character doesn't suspect the bird ("Montaron"), and besides.... Xzar was an evil necromancer. You saw what he did to his apprentices (the ones you had to kill to gain entry to the Harper HQ). He also created lots of evil monsters.... No escaping Harper justice. On a more practical note: If he doesn't have a character portrait, he isn't meant to join. Maybe not even survive....

6. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Acemandoo, maybe you can get a mage to cast Otlidukes Resilient Sphere at him, and talk to him before the spell hits... then the assassin couldn't hurt him (In theory anyway)

Then again, I don't think the assassin is killing him at all, I was always under the impression that he was dying of shock becuase the bird wasn't Montaron.

7. Ladonna Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] where do i acuutally find Montaron? i can't find him anywhere. cause whenever i go to the second floor those stupid motherf*****g spirits kill me :(

8. Talwin Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

You need to get the harper amulet thats on the first floor.

9. Ladonna Gems: 3/31

where exactly is the amulet?

10. Talwin Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

On a desk on the right side of the map, Look for a door into a bunch of rooms and look in all the containers in there. You'll find an amulet and some potions and whatnot.

11. fuoco Gems: 3/31

<possible_spoiler>
    what can we do to montaron's body in then end?
    <end spoiler>

12. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] ***Spoiler***
    You can do exactly nothing with montarons body.
    You get some exp for finding it though.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.