1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Welcome to the Jungle

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by TheBlackRose, Jun 28, 2002.

1. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

You're explorers of the Kingdom of Lynn, the largest kingdom on the Known World, and assuredly the most wealthy. But according to King Ilian, not wealthy enough. He's sent you adventurers to this island, where a highly magical substance known as elil is rumored to lie. This elil can be sold on the open market for a large profit, and can also be used to form magical weapons. So obviously, the great Ilian wants some.

He's sent you adventuring types onto the island to find some elil. You're being accompanied by one Jacob Barnaby, a renowned scientist and magician. He won't be much good in a scruff, but hey. As long as you grunts do the fighting and bashing, he'll cast a communication spell after you've found the elil, and Kingdom representatives will come in to pick you up. After that, hey. Both the Kingdom and you adventurers will be extremely rich.

But right now, it's you and the island. The boat has just shoved off shore to head back to the Kingdom. Barnaby says that you should get going -- he apparently knows the best route to elil. Overhead, a storm brews, and the trees shake.

-------------------

Character Generation

First, pick a name and determine whether you want your character to be male or female. Also, pick two key personality traits for your character. Examples would be Cocky and Humble. Do not pick two opposite personality traits. Such is considered a Bad Move.

Secondly. You have 9 ability points to distribute among the following abilities. This is not D&D; it is roleplaying. You start with a score of 1 in every ability. A score of 1 is considered weak or below average, a score of 2 is considered above average, and a score of 3 is exceptional. The maximum allowed at character generation is 3.

Strength
    Agility (dex)
    Fortitude (con)
    Beauty
    Intelligence
    Reason
    Wisdom
    Charisma

Private message me if interested (or if you're an admin, and you have problems with this). Thanks.

[This message has been edited by TheBlackRose (edited June 28, 2002).]

2. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I would have PMed you to express my interest, but for some reason I'm having problems with that...
    Basically I am interested, but I don't know if I have enough time and I don't know what to do about the character details if I can't PM you. Please PM me or post to let me know more - thanks.

Following Khazar's example

Name: Simon Carruthers
    Character traits: Arrogant
    Fiercely Loyal/Patriotic
    Stats:
    Strength: 2
    Agility: 3
    Fortitude: 3
    Intelligence: 2
    Reason: 1
    Wisdom: 2
    Charisma: 2
    Beauty: 2

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited July 01, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited July 02, 2002).]

3. Khazar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Ok i'm in i won't be posting every day but i'll try my best, by the way I tried to PM you but it wouldnt let me for some reason.

So heres my character details:

Name: Khazar
    Traits: Born Leader, Shoot first ask questions later (aggressive to unknown people).

Attributes:

Strength: 3
    Agility (dex): 3
    Fortitude (con): 3
    Intelligence: 2
    Reason: 1
    Charisma: 1

(From what I gathered from your post I believe this is what you require.)

4. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Well this is certainly a good idea, and you can count me one of those people that are in.
    (*ahem* Pm doesn't seem to work on my comp so.....)

Name: Drazhar (pronounced Dras-har)
    Traits: Extremely likeable guy and very calm in most situations

Attributes:

Strength: 2
    Agility: 3
    Fortitude: 2
    Intelligence: 1
    Reason: 2
    Charisma: 3

Is this what is required of me to join?
    Oh and one more thing are you the DM of this, if there is a dm that is.

(ps, there may be times when i am unable to get on the net, but i will try to make attempt to check on this every day, and will notify people if i am not able to aquire the net for a substancial time beforehand)

[This message has been edited by theholygit (edited July 05, 2002).]

5. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Question: Do we make the scores up? I'm interested and will PM soon. Also, is it based purely on the boards?

6. C'Jakob Guest

I PMed you. If you don't want me in, just ignore whatever's written below here in my post.

Name: Judith "Jude" Betts
    Traits: Somewhat meek, albeit driven

Strength: 1
    Agility:2
    Fortitude: 2
    Beauty:2
    Intelligence:3
    Reason: 3
    Charisma:2

Rose: Please tell me if you have any problems with my character.

[This message has been edited by C'Jakob (edited July 22, 2002).]

7. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] ooc: Uhm question? **slowly raises his hand in the air** Is this gonna go anywhere or is blackrose just on holiday. Just a thought, thas' all.
    **slowly lowers his hand**

[He won't be back till the end of the month.] -Tal

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited July 23, 2002).]

8. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Here's my character:-

Name: Quilton Birch Smith
    Traits neutral, romantic

Strength 2
    Agility 3
    Fortitude 2
    Beauty 2
    Intelligence 3
    Reason 2
    Wisdom 1
    Charisma 2

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.